Photo

[News] Kelly Would Not Need Full Control

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,003 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Oregon head coach Chip Kelly would not require full personnel control if he were to take an NFL head coaching job, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network says.

View the full article

#2 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Doesn't matter how much power he gets its still the wrong choice

#3 dilluminati

dilluminati

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:Buddy Ball

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Oregon head coach Chip Kelly would not require full personnel control if he were to take an NFL head coaching job, Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network says.

View the full article

I'm sure he wants to keep the rumour mill spinning, it will be good for his visibility during the Fiesta Bowl, give something for the NFL pundits to jowl about, but he has "unfinished business" or so he said last year in turning down Tampa Bay, I think all the visibility is good for his college career, draws in money from alumni, keeps the college president and the board of regents in awe of his media presence, and in short is great for him irrespective of if he wants to leave the plush and cushy job he already has.

I'm hoping Lurie and Howie don't wait for this guy to make a decision while a viable candidate exists as the music comes to an end and somebody misses a seat

#4 johnnysmacks

johnnysmacks

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Fan Since:Buddy Ryan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I wish the Eagles would take off the blinders with "offensive guy" and "innovator". Having more snap counts and a faster tempo offense doesn't equal offensive production. Besides, what does it matter how fast you are going if you go three and out? I just wish they would not be so hung up on being a trendsetter. If they were truly doing this, they wouldn't be trying to copycat the Patriots all the time.

#5 1960stillwaitin

1960stillwaitin

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

All I want is a return to Smash Mouth football with great defense leading the way with turnovers ! Real tackling and intimidating QB's ! An offense that can sustain at least 2 to 3 long time consuming drives leading to touchdowns once in Red Zone. Ball control with ball safety. Is that asking too much ?

#6 BtotheH

BtotheH

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

I like these moves, more than likely they are cheap and it just sends a message to the under performing players that hey no ones job is garunteed this off season. Everyone needs to work and fight for their job. Camp bodies for sure.