Photo

[Spadaro] First Wave Of Candidates Emerges

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,780 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

The promise is to leave “no stone unturned,” and as the Eagles dig in to the frantic side of finding the next head coach, we’re learning just what that means. Three candidates, with vastly different backgrounds, are confirmed to be interviewed …

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,670 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Mike Mccoy I believe would be a great option for Eagles new HC

Also Reuben Frank of Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia reported the Eagles have no interest in hiring former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher.

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,670 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

haha...2 HR's in one day...doubleheader...baby.

#5 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,670 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

The law firm of LRS...on the road.

#6 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,670 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

93...you almost have to take your boy...Star Fish...or the OT with that 4th. I see these QB's dropping in the first round.

#7 irisheagles

irisheagles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think Mike McCoy could be a good fit for the Eagles. I'm glad that the Eagles have no interest in Bill Cowher because I think he is a bad coach and if we hired him the Eagles would never make the play-offs.

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

3D...Star has dropped in ranking atleast by CBSsport.com they have him ranked as the 9th best player in the draft lol....

#9 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Cleveland has there interview set up already with Chip kelly either Friday or over the weekend...Mr.Banner not playing around going hard after the guy he wants

#10 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I could go for Cowher. Like most HCs they really need strong coordinators. One of the biggest factors are the connections and whom they can bring with them to be successful.

#11 ASG15

ASG15

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

In Cowher%u2019s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances.

Yeah, lousy coach.

Pulled this off of Wikipedia.

#12 loquie

loquie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I would like to see the Eagles take a look at Bruce Arians of the Colts. he led the team as acting head coach to a playoff game with a rookie quarterback. I think he's worth interviewing.

#13 Jbutler2782

Jbutler2782

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Mike Holmgren

#14 johowardhoward

johowardhoward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Just don't pick that darn John Gruden! He's a big time liar and no one should trust him. Remember how he left the team in Tampa Bay! Every player hated him. O'Brien from Penn State would be great. Nab him!

#15 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I like the moves of adding Everette Brown and Lindley back to the roster.

#16 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

What would people think about hiring a guy like Mike Singletary becoming are DC???? He would provide that tough gritty attitude we have been missing on D and isn't afraid to get in players faces and hold them accountabe for there mistakes. Also think Mike would motivate guys really well which would be great for someone like DRC

#17 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Doesn't matter who the coach is as long as Roseman is around.

#18 macashlandpa

macashlandpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

i wanna see rex ryan coach the defense... he is a perfect fit.. ties to philly with his dad being a former coach here..or even greg williams.. iu want a guy that will grab your face mask when you miss a tackle or blow a cover..

#19 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

BG3.... LB's coach, definitely if he moves on from the Vikings, anything other than that, don't see it. Singletary was somewhat of a train wreck in SF as HC. Don't see him handling a DC job well at this point either. Maybe down the road with more experience but not now.

Don't see DRC as an Eagle next year. Can't see the Eagles signing him in free agency or franchising him for $10 million. We can probably write off Asomugha too. Highly doubt he'll restructure his $16 million contract low enough for the Eagles to consider the gamble of another disappointing season worth it. They'll likely take the $4 million buyout and move on.

#20 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Sterling....I guess i can see your point on Singletary....But one of are CBs will be back next season whether it is DRC or Nnamdi....I believe DRC will be the one back for a few reasons he is more talented for starters,he is younger,plus he wants to play here and isn't worried about the money so we should be able to get him fairly cheap(I'm thinking somewhere in the 5-7mil range per yr)

Secondly just to add I don't want Nnamdi back he has been a horrible FA pickup

#21 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Yeah dont see Singletary as a DC.. LB coach yip.. Anyone read that piece on Maclin saying no respect in the locker room.. I dunno how teams can funtion if you not getting along n respecting each other.. Unless your paid big coin n getting TDs scored on you everytime.. Nnandi im talking bout you.. Demaco is a leader in some sort but dont see him as a vocal leader.. Eagles need someone to step up in that role

#22 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Anyway Eagles can get more picks.. This team needs alot of holes to fill n upgrade.. OL depth for C n T.. DE depth.. DTs, S, CB, LBs..

Oh n a QB.. So far looks like its only Foles name locked in staying, leaving who to backup..

#23 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

"Exhaustive search" ?

Seems a little over-dramatic to call it that, Dave...

There are only so many available qualified coaches willing to come into this situation. There, I said it--- The smart money says this is a tough challenge, a possible lose-lose scenario for a new coach...

Where is Brizer when I need him?

#24 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

BG3... You could be right, hard to tell what the Eagles are going to do personnel wise the last few years.

#25 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Nnamdi should be ashamed to call himself a pro. I never saw any pro quit on plays like him.
GET RID OF HIM!!!

#26 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

"He%u2019s looking for a leader who fits the mold of forward-thinking football"

uh-oh...

guess that means Marty Mornhinweg is our new DC...like when they interviewed around 200 guys for that job last season and gave it to Castillo

#27 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I don't like the idea of jumping from special teams coach to head coach. I'd rather see an O or D coordinator, somebody higher on the food chain than special teams.

#28 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,347 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

>>DDD: the way I look at it, Jeff Lurie has a giant "hang-over" from the past couple of seasons of actually digging hard for a superbowl. Right now he is stung by the lack of performance in 2011 and 2012...and the huge "bar tab" he'll have to pay next season as the various players get cut and take their guarantee money. OH MY HEAD HURTS. And, WHATEVER WAS I THINKING. And, finally...DID I DO ANYTHINGESLE STUPID?? & WERE THERE PHOTOS??? OMG-NEVER AGAIN.

I think the "stupidity" of the past 2 seasons was all about very weird/bad assistant coaching choices by Andy Reid. The player talent gathered by the Eagles all came with a verified record of NFL performance. Knock the play of Asomugha as an Eagles all you want; he was "prime, grade A" DB when he was signed. Even Demetress Bell was regarded as a somewhat raw,but very high potential OL player.

We knew that the Eagles were in serious trouble as the Mornhinweg led offense sputtered and wheezed its way through the first four games of 2012. We knew the Eagles were in serious trouble as the Cstillo designed defenses melted in the 2nd half of games and Ws quickly turned to Ls. We knew the season was going nowhere good when coaching took no action against the players who were dogging it.

I am glad that Lurie decided to GO FOR IT and had Roseman raid the FA market for proven performers. I can live with the "hangover" of some dead-money and the disappointment of 2011 & 2012.

I don't want to see Lurie shut down an aggressive approach to winning football games. I don't want to l see Lurie on a ten year plan to the next superbowl. I don't want some gimmicky, dreamer HC without nuts ( Mornhinweg-clone) running the Eagles. I don't care f the guy is here and gone in 4 seasons...I don't want a 14 seasons of paddling in a large circle with a HC who can't fix a defense and indulges incompetent assistants or players or staff. I don't want to hear the "gold standard" or other nonsense ever again.

#29 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

i agree jwood...still...spud's comment about Lurie looking for "forward thinking football" makes me uneasy. IMO that doesn't add up to a commitment to defense, running the ball and pocket passing. Something we need...not an option based offense with a scrambling QB that lends itself to more of the same crap we've been regurgitating for too long. I really hope Lurie and co. has cleansed themselves of this "new" way of thinking with Reid's departure. Forward thinking football to me = taking a step back to the way the game is supposed to be played.

#30 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Lurie just needs to find a coach that will hold everyone accountable. In the last 2 seasons. AR turned a blind eye to staff and players not being held accountable for lack of performance, heart and effort. Get US a coach that will motivate players and get the best out of them. Alot of underachievers on this roster that either need to go or start playing to their potential. Find us a coach that can make the tough decisions....!