Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] First Wave Of Candidates Emerges

87 posts in this topic

The promise is to leave “no stone unturned,” and as the Eagles dig in to the frantic side of finding the next head coach, we’re learning just what that means. Three candidates, with vastly different backgrounds, are confirmed to be interviewed …

View the full article

Mike Mccoy I believe would be a great option for Eagles new HC

Also Reuben Frank of Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia reported the Eagles have no interest in hiring former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher.

haha...2 HR's in one day...doubleheader...baby.

The law firm of LRS...on the road.

93...you almost have to take your boy...Star Fish...or the OT with that 4th. I see these QB's dropping in the first round.

I think Mike McCoy could be a good fit for the Eagles. I'm glad that the Eagles have no interest in Bill Cowher because I think he is a bad coach and if we hired him the Eagles would never make the play-offs.

3D...Star has dropped in ranking atleast by CBSsport.com they have him ranked as the 9th best player in the draft lol....

Cleveland has there interview set up already with Chip kelly either Friday or over the weekend...Mr.Banner not playing around going hard after the guy he wants

I could go for Cowher. Like most HCs they really need strong coordinators. One of the biggest factors are the connections and whom they can bring with them to be successful.

In Cowher%u2019s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances.

Yeah, lousy coach.

Pulled this off of Wikipedia.

I would like to see the Eagles take a look at Bruce Arians of the Colts. he led the team as acting head coach to a playoff game with a rookie quarterback. I think he's worth interviewing.

2 people like this

Just don't pick that darn John Gruden! He's a big time liar and no one should trust him. Remember how he left the team in Tampa Bay! Every player hated him. O'Brien from Penn State would be great. Nab him!

What would people think about hiring a guy like Mike Singletary becoming are DC???? He would provide that tough gritty attitude we have been missing on D and isn't afraid to get in players faces and hold them accountabe for there mistakes. Also think Mike would motivate guys really well which would be great for someone like DRC

i wanna see rex ryan coach the defense... he is a perfect fit.. ties to philly with his dad being a former coach here..or even greg williams.. iu want a guy that will grab your face mask when you miss a tackle or blow a cover..

BG3.... LB's coach, definitely if he moves on from the Vikings, anything other than that, don't see it. Singletary was somewhat of a train wreck in SF as HC. Don't see him handling a DC job well at this point either. Maybe down the road with more experience but not now.

Don't see DRC as an Eagle next year. Can't see the Eagles signing him in free agency or franchising him for $10 million. We can probably write off Asomugha too. Highly doubt he'll restructure his $16 million contract low enough for the Eagles to consider the gamble of another disappointing season worth it. They'll likely take the $4 million buyout and move on.

Sterling....I guess i can see your point on Singletary....But one of are CBs will be back next season whether it is DRC or Nnamdi....I believe DRC will be the one back for a few reasons he is more talented for starters,he is younger,plus he wants to play here and isn't worried about the money so we should be able to get him fairly cheap(I'm thinking somewhere in the 5-7mil range per yr)

Secondly just to add I don't want Nnamdi back he has been a horrible FA pickup

Yeah dont see Singletary as a DC.. LB coach yip.. Anyone read that piece on Maclin saying no respect in the locker room.. I dunno how teams can funtion if you not getting along n respecting each other.. Unless your paid big coin n getting TDs scored on you everytime.. Nnandi im talking bout you.. Demaco is a leader in some sort but dont see him as a vocal leader.. Eagles need someone to step up in that role

Anyway Eagles can get more picks.. This team needs alot of holes to fill n upgrade.. OL depth for C n T.. DE depth.. DTs, S, CB, LBs..

Oh n a QB.. So far looks like its only Foles name locked in staying, leaving who to backup..

"Exhaustive search" ?

Seems a little over-dramatic to call it that, Dave...

There are only so many available qualified coaches willing to come into this situation. There, I said it--- The smart money says this is a tough challenge, a possible lose-lose scenario for a new coach...

Where is Brizer when I need him?

1 person likes this

BG3... You could be right, hard to tell what the Eagles are going to do personnel wise the last few years.

Nnamdi should be ashamed to call himself a pro. I never saw any pro quit on plays like him.

GET RID OF HIM!!!