Photo
- - - - -

RG3 Gets All Dr. Phil With Tony Romo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 voodoochile75

voodoochile75

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,046 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Disco

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

http://profootballta...o-your-critics/

#2 Solomon

Solomon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 26,696 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

:roll:

#3 BKLYNYG

BKLYNYG

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,138 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hey rookie, shut up.

#4 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

I do feel bad for Romo when it comes to all the ish he takes. That O-Line was Swiss cheese and the coaches didn't adjust very well to the constant blitzing. Oh well, at least I don't have to listen to Cowboy fans during this post season.

#5 voodoochile75

voodoochile75

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 34,046 posts
  • Fan Since:Disco

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Griffin knows he wants Romo to stay on a division rivals team. Dallas is just so dug in with that guy.

#6 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,104 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

must be nice to throw for 100 yards and win a game, if Romo did that Dallas would lose by 30.
[quote name='lb7' timestamp='1357221795' post='17157901']
I do feel bad for Romo when it comes to all the ish he takes. That O-Line was Swiss cheese and the coaches didn't adjust very well to the constant blitzing. Oh well, at least I don't have to listen to Cowboy fans during this post season.
[/quote]

this last game not withstanding, which Romo does deserve a ton of criticism for, it really is ridiculous. He is the only QB that every time his team loses there is a national referendum as to rather he should be gotten rid of. I mean this was a "playoff" game, but we hear this same narrative all throughout the season, be it week 3 or week 13, everyone and their mother knows Dallas is not a good team, their OL is among the worst in the NFL, defense is consistently 20 something ranked, owner/gm a buffoon, worst running game in the NFL, one WR made of glass, the other has to be told what routes to run,,,,listen to all the NFL fans and experts on ESPN and they will tell you all of this is true..........but then the second they lose....it's all Romo's fault and he is the one holding them back, even when he plays great, last week they lost to the saints, Romo threw for 440 yards, 4 td's, 0ints (two in the 4th quarter, the last one tying the game with 15 seconds left) and there were people blaming him for the loss....not the defense that got shredded for 600 yards and allowed the saints to hold the ball for 40 minutes.

There is not a QB out there that has won anything with a team as inept as what Romo has. Man that RG3 (who I actually like) is being called "clutch" this week and he's the anti-Romo...guy went out and completed 50% of his passes, threw for 100 yards last week and rushed for 50..meanwhile his RB put up about 200 yards..I mean jesus, what QB would not have been able to win in that situation?

#7 Iceman44

Iceman44

Training Camp Body

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Griffin knows he wants Romo to stay on a division rivals team. Dallas is just so dug in with that guy.

Yep!! He also know that with Romo and Foles starting that's a guaranteed 4W for them. :roll:

#8 Iceman44

Iceman44

Training Camp Body

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

must be nice to throw for 100 yards and win a game, if Romo did that Dallas would lose by 30.

this last game not withstanding, which Romo does deserve a ton of criticism for, it really is ridiculous. He is the only QB that every time his team loses there is a national referendum as to rather he should be gotten rid of. I mean this was a "playoff" game, but we hear this same narrative all throughout the season, be it week 3 or week 13, everyone and their mother knows Dallas is not a good team, their OL is among the worst in the NFL, defense is consistently 20 something ranked, owner/gm a buffoon, worst running game in the NFL, one WR made of glass, the other has to be told what routes to run,,,,listen to all the NFL fans and experts on ESPN and they will tell you all of this is true..........but then the second they lose....it's all Romo's fault and he is the one holding them back, even when he plays great, last week they lost to the saints, Romo threw for 440 yards, 4 td's, 0ints (two in the 4th quarter, the last one tying the game with 15 seconds left) and there were people blaming him for the loss....not the defense that got shredded for 600 yards and allowed the saints to hold the ball for 40 minutes.

There is not a QB out there that has won anything with a team as inept as what Romo has. Man that RG3 (who I actually like) is being called "clutch" this week and he's the anti-Romo...guy went out and completed 50% of his passes, threw for 100 yards last week and rushed for 50..meanwhile his RB put up about 200 yards..I mean jesus, what QB would not have been able to win in that situation?

Romo is awful in big games. How many coaches will this guy kill in his career?

#9 NorCalEagle

NorCalEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts
  • Fan Since:Today

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

listening to rg3 more & more, makes me dislike him more & more...

#10 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hey rookie, shut up.

This. I don't think any vet would appreciate a rookie coming up to him and saying that. It's one thing if you have been in the League for years. He would've been better just telling him "nice game" or "see you next time".

#11 Gregg

Gregg

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I agree with all points, but consider that if Romo were in Buffalo, and not 'America's Team' in Dallas, this would probally be the case. You can't melt under the spot light if there is not one on you.

#12 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,104 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I agree with all points, but consider that if Romo were in Buffalo, and not 'America's Team' in Dallas, this would probally be the case. You can't melt under the spot light if there is not one on you.

i agree, it's purely a function of being the Dallas Cowboys QB which is why it's probably the toughest place to play QB in the NFL, fans in Philly ot NY might boo you more if you play bad, but the national media doesn't kill you over every single loss.

#13 Raven115

Raven115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Team:Ravens

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

listening to rg3 more & more, makes me dislike him more & more...

Why?

#14 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Because he wishes he were an eagle

#15 Raven115

Raven115

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Team:Ravens

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Because he wishes he were an eagle

True

#16 NorCalEagle

NorCalEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

not really...i find him annoying...

#17 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,332 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

That's not something a rookie should ever say, but still...:roll:

#18 FlyinBrian36-20

FlyinBrian36-20

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts
  • Fan Since:'99

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

“Hey Tony. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great quarterback, man. And this game doesn’t mean anything,” Griffin said to Romo, in comments that will air Wednesday night on Showtime’s Inside the NFL.

oh really?? doesn't mean anything? I thought it was a you win and you're in type of game.. could have fooled me.

#19 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,781 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Damn , rg3 is an arrogant rookie. Good thing he can back it up on the field.

#20 PHeagles36

PHeagles36

Hall-of-Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

this last game not withstanding, which Romo does deserve a ton of criticism for, it really is ridiculous. He is the only QB that every time his team loses there is a national referendum as to rather he should be gotten rid of.

lets not be dramatic here.

Vick
Flacco
Rivers
Sanchez
Smith/Kap
Weeden
Gabbert

just off the top of my head

It happens to every QB who is questionable and recently has struggled, Dallas is just a hugely publicized market in the NFL due to their success 2 decades ago...and because of a strange obsession with a celeb owner who would have fired anyone else who has done the job he has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

#21 PHeagles36

PHeagles36

Hall-of-Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

“Hey Tony. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great quarterback, man. And this game doesn’t mean anything,” Griffin said to Romo, in comments that will air Wednesday night on Showtime’s Inside the NFL.

oh really?? doesn't mean anything? I thought it was a you win and you're in type of game.. could have fooled me.

Please tell me you're just being facetious

#22 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

lets not be dramatic here.

Vick
Flacco
Rivers
Sanchez
Smith/Kap
Weeden
Gabbert

just off the top of my head

It happens to every QB who is questionable and recently has struggled, Dallas is just a hugely publicized market in the NFL due to their success 2 decades ago...and because of a strange obsession with a celeb owner who would have fired anyone else who has done the job he has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

i'm not talking from local media, who does that for almost any QB without a ring, I'm talking about national media, and outside of Flacco ,Rivers and maybe Vick, all of the rest of those guys stink and aren't even starting material in the NFL, I mean those guys might play a decent game once a month (Kap and Smith was just a QB controversy). Rivers has struggled far more than Romo recently, so has Vick, you don't hear anything nationally. Matt Schaub and Matt Ryan have played for awhile...never hear anything about them not winning a playoff game, and the national media blew up after Romo 2nd season when he had not won a playoff game. The expectations are just different when you play for Dallas and that makes it one of if not the hardest places to play.

#23 ckudrick

ckudrick

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

i'm not talking from local media, who does that for almost any QB without a ring, I'm talking about national media, and outside of Flacco ,Rivers and maybe Vick, all of the rest of those guys stink and aren't even starting material in the NFL, I mean those guys might play a decent game once a month (Kap and Smith was just a QB controversy). Rivers has struggled far more than Romo recently, so has Vick, you don't hear anything nationally. Matt Schaub and Matt Ryan have played for awhile...never hear anything about them not winning a playoff game, and the national media blew up after Romo 2nd season when he had not won a playoff game. The expectations are just different when you play for Dallas and that makes it one of if not the hardest places to play.

It's no harder to play in Dallas than it is anywhere else in the NFL. You want to shut your detractors up? WIN. I understand what you are saying about media pressure but, on the flip side, Tony has also enjoyed every minute of celebrity that has come along with being the Cowboys' QB (particularly earlier in his career.)

Obviously, it's not all Romo's fault (nor do I think he's the biggest problem there) but leading your team one playoff win in over 6 years as starting QB on what have been generally talented teams deserves all the criticism it gets.

#24 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

It's no harder to play in Dallas than it is anywhere else in the NFL. You want to shut your detractors up? WIN. I understand what you are saying about media pressure but, on the flip side, Tony has also enjoyed every minute of celebrity that has come along with being the Cowboys' QB (particularly earlier in his career.)

Obviously, it's not all Romo's fault (nor do I think he's the biggest problem there) but leading your team one playoff win in over 6 years as starting QB on what have been generally talented teams deserves all the criticism it gets.

So if Romo played for the Jaguars he'd have it the same? Think about that for a sec. Also, have you seen the offensive lines hes played behind?

#25 ckudrick

ckudrick

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

So if Romo played for the Jaguars he'd have it the same? Think about that for a sec. Also, have you seen the offensive lines hes played behind?

From a football standpoint, yes, he would. I realize that there are additional media pressures playing in a big market but it doesn't make the actual game any different. And along with that additonal pressue came additional celebrity which Romo clearly enjoyed. If you want to enjoy one, you can't complain about the other. Eli Manning took just as much heat & proved them all wrong by winning.

Yes, his lines have often stunk (which is why I said I don't think he is the biggest problem.) I realize that Romo is not all to blame and I do believe that he is a good QB. But I still think that he is missing an "it' factor and will believe that until he proves otherwise. He is largely responsible for putitng his team in elimination games in the first place (which is great) but also equally responsible for blowing them on a bad play or two once he's there (bad).

#26 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

From a football standpoint, yes, he would. I realize that there are additional media pressures playing in a big market but it doesn't make the actual game any different. And along with that additonal pressue came additional celebrity which Romo clearly enjoyed. If you want to enjoy one, you can't complain about the other. Eli Manning took just as much heat & proved them all wrong by winning.

Yes, his lines have often stunk (which is why I said I don't think he is the biggest problem.) I realize that Romo is not all to blame and I do believe that he is a good QB. But I still think that he is missing an "it' factor and will believe that until he proves otherwise. He is largely responsible for putitng his team in elimination games in the first place (which is great) but also equally responsible for blowing them on a bad play or two once he's there (bad).

I don't think it's the same from a football standpoint, because when you know you have a much larger margin for error while playing quarterback you see/play the game differently, which can work both ways. It can either make you relax and play better, or it can make you complacent. Playing quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys is as stressful as it can possibly be especially in this day and age. First off, they have two previous QBs who are hall of famers and share 5 rings between them, locally you're always going to be held to that standard. Nationally, you're going to be under the microscope because of the glamor that the position brings with it.

Eli did a great job in silencing his doubters, he got some very nice help from his team though.

#27 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Again, i think you have to look at the local media vs national media, locally all QB's get heavily scrutinized until they win the big...Eli Manning may have taken a ton of heat in NY, which is bad because the local media there is so huge, but after his 2nd playoff loss where he threw like 4 int's, there weren't people nationally killing him. Matt Schaub takes heat in Texas, but nationally you hear almost no mention of the fact that in 8 seasons he has 0 playoff wins, Matt Ryan is in his 5th season and has 0...don't hear too much about it, and if Atlanta goes out and looses next week the lead story on ESPN won't be rather Atlanta should move on from their QB...but that happens every time Dallas loses a game period, not just playoff or "win and go home" after every Dallas loss tune into ESPN and they will be debating rather Romo needs to go, and like I said, that happens even when he plays well and they lose (see the Saints game this year). Carson Palmer was considered a top 5-10 QB for years without winning a playoff game...never heard him get knocked for it, Philip Rivers has 49 ints over the past 3 seasons....ever hear of him being turnover prone? Romo has 30 in the same time period and gets killed by the national media for it.

Romo has never complained about it, I'm just making a general statement, not even saying it's not fair, You are right, it's a double edged sword, people always complain about Dallas being overhyped and that's my point, yeah you get hyped up quick in Dallas...1-2 games gets a national story about you, but on the other hand, struggle or have a bad game and it's magnified x10, and that just makes it harder than any other city.

#28 NorCalEagle

NorCalEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Again, i think you have to look at the local media vs national media, locally all QB's get heavily scrutinized until they win the big...Eli Manning may have taken a ton of heat in NY, which is bad because the local media there is so huge, but after his 2nd playoff loss where he threw like 4 int's, there weren't people nationally killing him. Matt Schaub takes heat in Texas, but nationally you hear almost no mention of the fact that in 8 seasons he has 0 playoff wins, Matt Ryan is in his 5th season and has 0...don't hear too much about it, and if Atlanta goes out and looses next week the lead story on ESPN won't be rather Atlanta should move on from their QB...but that happens every time Dallas loses a game period, not just playoff or "win and go home" after every Dallas loss tune into ESPN and they will be debating rather Romo needs to go, and like I said, that happens even when he plays well and they lose (see the Saints game this year). Carson Palmer was considered a top 5-10 QB for years without winning a playoff game...never heard him get knocked for it, Philip Rivers has 49 ints over the past 3 seasons....ever hear of him being turnover prone? Romo has 30 in the same time period and gets killed by the national media for it.

Romo has never complained about it, I'm just making a general statement, not even saying it's not fair, You are right, it's a double edged sword, people always complain about Dallas being overhyped and that's my point, yeah you get hyped up quick in Dallas...1-2 games gets a national story about you, but on the other hand, struggle or have a bad game and it's magnified x10, and that just makes it harder than any other city.

your owner certainly doesn't make things easier...

#29 FlyinBrian36-20

FlyinBrian36-20

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,188 posts
  • Fan Since:'99

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Please tell me you're just being facetious

uhhh ya...

#30 Stephen1

Stephen1

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

your owner certainly doesn't make things easier...

no kidding, that guy is the biggest problem in Dallas.