Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

363 posts in this topic

Everything is on the table, as Jeffrey Lurie says when it comes to hiring a new coach, so why not take a leap of faith and think that the same applies when it comes to the 2013 defensive scheme? ...

View the full article

We have a great core group of guys as a 4-3 DL I don't want to mess that up.....Plus there is way to many needs already on this D without adding moer by changing the D scheme. If we change we will need OLBs,NT,MLBs(i'm not sold on Kendricks and Ryans on the inside in 3-4) on top of needing another CB and S's and we would need to add depth to all those spots.

Personally I think it is the wrong time to try and switch

they should let me coach, im keeping marty as my o coordinator just so i can want to call a play action pass on 3rd and long im hiring sean mcdermott back as my d coordinator or mike singletary to yell dawkins as secondary coach now to business vick goes to highest bidder, or released same for jenkins, and drc gets the boot if he doesnt want to resign for cheese djax is on trading block for picks or players nnamdi stays after restructuring and i move him to safety i sign j byrd to play safety by his side i lose desean jackson to get a first round pick some how i sign dwayne bowe draft comes i get teo with 4th pick, with other pick i get the corner from alaba i use other picks on o line men and other lil holes i see if spencer from cowboys is still available i get mcnabb to be 3rd string qb to help foles ensuring

Dave...nobody on our front 4 showed up againt the Giants...they smacked us for 185 on the ground.

3D....are DL is so small we also have had issues with teams running down are throat have also been better covering runs to the outside because of are speed.....We need to add some size to this DL hopefully in the draft Star or Kewaan Short could both add that to are DL.

3D....are DL is so small we also have had issues with teams running down are throat have also been better covering runs to the outside because of are speed.....We need to add some size to this DL hopefully in the draft Star or Kewaan Short could both add that to are DL.

yes...Star would be nice...up front.

BleedingGreen93 sends a drive into deep left..going...going...wave it byebye... #42...

In actuality, the Iggles showed a 3-4 look on several series of snaps this past season.

1 person likes this

>>DDD: I kinda like the 5 down linemen played occasionally against the run.

But you missed the point of great football architect AR. The "idea" was to have an offense that would score on the opening drive and early and often afterwards. The opponent would be playing from behind--and would therefore have to fall into the 50 pass attempts be game model. THAT FACT enables the wide-9 to feast and the elite Eagles DB's to control the sidelines and function as playmakers.

What AR got for his money is a team that fell behind quickly, an OC that panicked and went pass 50 times a game...and opponents that turned the table on Reid some quickly and thoruoghly...that he never figure out what happened.

I bet he still doesn't see what happened to his team in 2012 and why the ground game just gashed him relentlessly...even after the Gmen made the point.

1 person likes this

bring in Keith Butler(ha ha you knew I was going to say it). Take LB Manti in the first. Take DT Jenkins in the second. Shayne Skov in the third or fourth. Bring in Goldson at safety.

>>lupes: Eagles ST showed a lot of plumbers butt..as did the defense. 3-4 alignment could easily have been an assistant coaching error and personnel confusion.

Lupes: this article is a total SMOKE SCREEN. Likely AR will get hired in next 24 hours while Lurie and the bean counters take until the Superbowl to determine who is on their short list. And, then we'll be forced into MM as the interim HC.

2 people like this

Cunningham....Do you really think John Jenkins is going to last to the 2nd round i think a 3-4 team is going to grab him fairly quick maybe a team like Dallas(in the first) Ratliff isn't getting any younger.

C-ham: who is your DC...inquiring minds want to know

1 person likes this

This is my idea for the draft/offseason

1st we trade back in the draft with the cards or bills(who might want to move up for a QB) get there 1st 2nd and 4th round picks

Also try and trade Djax for a 2nd round pick

Draft

1st-Manti Te'o

2nd-Xavier Rhodes(looking into this he might not last this long Jordon Poyer is good 2nd option)

2nd-Kewaan Short(Purde DT) will provide a big DT for the middle of are DL also allow us to move Cox around so he can play some DE and DT like he did in college

2nd- Phillip Thomas/Kenny Vacarro(If we can get the Djax trade)

3rd-Da'Rick Rodgers(Big #1 WR)

4th-Best OL available

4th-Best DE available

5th-Joseph Fauria(UCLA TE) add a big body TE for down in the RZ

6th-BPA

7th-BPA

7th-BPA

FA

Byrd

Andy Levitre or Brandon Albert

Also resign DRC who we should be able to get cheap and when motivate he is a good CB

This would be my plan sticking with the 4-3 don't have a 3-4 plan laid out really haven't thought about it lol

Michael Mauti(penn st. OLB) I think we should try this kid he has had some injury issues in college but he should great leadership(something you can't teach) at Penn St. last season was a playmaker for the D and we should be able to steal him in rounds 5-7 somewhere think he would be worth the gamble

3D....that what i'm saying he is a great player and in the later rounds the reward we could get from him out weighs the risk from his injuries

Lets stop speculating and wait on the new coach, hopefully not Chip I can't beat top tier defensive teams" Kelly,

Plus we need team first character type guys and Mauti is that type of player....get away from this me first type players we have in are lockerroom( not going to mention any names Nnamdi lol)

eagle289....if we stop speculating what should we talk about that all we have going for us right now lol

Howie hit the nail on the head with this statement;

"There were definitely chemistry problems. You saw it out there," said general manager Howie Roseman. "We saw more independent contractors than guys playing as a team."

Independent contractors! Priceless!

1 person likes this