Photo

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

This topic is in the process of being archived.
362 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,734 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Everything is on the table, as Jeffrey Lurie says when it comes to hiring a new coach, so why not take a leap of faith and think that the same applies when it comes to the 2013 defensive scheme? ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

HELL NO TO THE 3-4

#3 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

93...you win on the tie.

#5 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

We have a great core group of guys as a 4-3 DL I don't want to mess that up.....Plus there is way to many needs already on this D without adding moer by changing the D scheme. If we change we will need OLBs,NT,MLBs(i'm not sold on Kendricks and Ryans on the inside in 3-4) on top of needing another CB and S's and we would need to add depth to all those spots.

Personally I think it is the wrong time to try and switch

#6 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

they should let me coach, im keeping marty as my o coordinator just so i can want to call a play action pass on 3rd and long im hiring sean mcdermott back as my d coordinator or mike singletary to yell dawkins as secondary coach now to business vick goes to highest bidder, or released same for jenkins, and drc gets the boot if he doesnt want to resign for cheese djax is on trading block for picks or players nnamdi stays after restructuring and i move him to safety i sign j byrd to play safety by his side i lose desean jackson to get a first round pick some how i sign dwayne bowe draft comes i get teo with 4th pick, with other pick i get the corner from alaba i use other picks on o line men and other lil holes i see if spencer from cowboys is still available i get mcnabb to be 3rd string qb to help foles ensuring  edwards stay. lo i make first order of business that if i dont see team mates helping each other be benched! i want commradery , brotherhood stuff!  if forcing the team to go upon them! , no more big play offense, just straight stop us from moving the chains footbal stellar, but the offense now scores an avertage of 29,5 points per contest

#7 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Dave...nobody on our front 4 showed up againt the Giants...they smacked us for 185 on the ground.

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

3D....are DL is so small we also have had issues with teams running down are throat have also been better covering runs to the outside because of are speed.....We need to add some size to this DL hopefully in the draft Star or Kewaan Short could both add that to are DL.

#9 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

3D....are DL is so small we also have had issues with teams running down are throat have also been better covering runs to the outside because of are speed.....We need to add some size to this DL hopefully in the draft Star or Kewaan Short could both add that to are DL.

yes...Star would be nice...up front.

#10 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

BleedingGreen93 sends a drive into deep left..going...going...wave it byebye... #42...

In actuality, the Iggles showed a 3-4 look on several series of snaps this past season.

#11 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

>>DDD: I kinda like the 5 down linemen played occasionally against the run.

But you missed the point of great football architect AR. The "idea" was to have an offense that would score on the opening drive and early and often afterwards. The opponent would be playing from behind--and would therefore have to fall into the 50 pass attempts be game model. THAT FACT enables the wide-9 to feast and the elite Eagles DB's to control the sidelines and function as playmakers.

What AR got for his money is a team that fell behind quickly, an OC that panicked and went pass 50 times a game...and opponents that turned the table on Reid some quickly and thoruoghly...that he never figure out what happened.

I bet he still doesn't see what happened to his team in 2012 and why the ground game just gashed him relentlessly...even after the Gmen made the point.

#12 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

bring in Keith Butler(ha ha you knew I was going to say it). Take LB Manti in the first. Take DT Jenkins in the second. Shayne Skov in the third or fourth. Bring in Goldson at safety.

#13 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

>>lupes: Eagles ST showed a lot of plumbers butt..as did the defense. 3-4 alignment could easily have been an assistant coaching error and personnel confusion.

Lupes: this article is a total SMOKE SCREEN. Likely AR will get hired in next 24 hours while Lurie and the bean counters take until the Superbowl to determine who is on their short list. And, then we'll be forced into MM as the interim HC.

#14 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Cunningham....Do you really think John Jenkins is going to last to the 2nd round i think a 3-4 team is going to grab him fairly quick maybe a team like Dallas(in the first) Ratliff isn't getting any younger.

#15 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

C-ham: who is your DC...inquiring minds want to know

#16 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

This is my idea for the draft/offseason
1st we trade back in the draft with the cards or bills(who might want to move up for a QB) get there 1st 2nd and 4th round picks
Also try and trade Djax for a 2nd round pick

Draft
1st-Manti Te'o
2nd-Xavier Rhodes(looking into this he might not last this long Jordon Poyer is good 2nd option)
2nd-Kewaan Short(Purde DT) will provide a big DT for the middle of are DL also allow us to move Cox around so he can play some DE and DT like he did in college
2nd- Phillip Thomas/Kenny Vacarro(If we can get the Djax trade)
3rd-Da'Rick Rodgers(Big #1 WR)
4th-Best OL available
4th-Best DE available
5th-Joseph Fauria(UCLA TE) add a big body TE for down in the RZ
6th-BPA
7th-BPA
7th-BPA

FA
Byrd
Andy Levitre or Brandon Albert
Also resign DRC who we should be able to get cheap and when motivate he is a good CB

This would be my plan sticking with the 4-3 don't have a 3-4 plan laid out really haven't thought about it lol

#17 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

BG it's hard to say...I've been seeing him ranked around the end of the first

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cunningham...he he falls he would be a great add if we switched to the 3-4 he is HUGE like 360....

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Michael Mauti(penn st. OLB) I think we should try this kid he has had some injury issues in college but he should great leadership(something you can't teach) at Penn St. last season was a playmaker for the D and we should be able to steal him in rounds 5-7 somewhere think he would be worth the gamble

#20 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Mauti was having a great year until the knee injury.

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

3D....that what i'm saying he is a great player and in the later rounds the reward we could get from him out weighs the risk from his injuries

#22 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

93...you win on the tie.

Is that how losers respond? Good news -- you are a 2nd place champ of this thread.

#23 eagle289

eagle289

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Lets stop speculating and wait on the new coach, hopefully not Chip I can't beat top tier defensive teams" Kelly,

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Plus we need team first character type guys and Mauti is that type of player....get away from this me first type players we have in are lockerroom( not going to mention any names Nnamdi lol)

eagle289....if we stop speculating what should we talk about that all we have going for us right now lol

#25 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Howie hit the nail on the head with this statement;

"There were definitely chemistry problems. You saw it out there," said general manager Howie Roseman. "We saw more independent contractors than guys playing as a team."

Independent contractors! Priceless!

#26 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,598 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Is that how losers respond? Good news -- you are a 2nd place champ of this thread.

no..that is how fair-minded people respond. Go to the EYE and cry on Uncle Bri's shoulder.

#27 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

OLB Jarvis Jones gets some hard looks from me. Amerson is a corner I like quite a bit.

#28 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Jarvis Jones is interesting could easily be the next Von Miller(4-3) or Aldon Smith(3-4)....Amerson stock has been dropping lately think they have him as a late 2nd early 3rd right now but he was someone I was interested in also....can't wait for the combine and senior bowl

#29 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

When is a better time to blow up the defense? when they are good?

#30 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

You know who has really been playing great football the DE from FSU(Werner) that guy is a beast I watched a few FSU games and he was always around the football making a play