Photo

[News] Eagles Set To Interview McCoy Sunday

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,591 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

The Eagles remain busy in their hunt for a new head coach, lining up a meeting with one of the biggest names on the market. The team has confirmed reports that officials are scheduled to meet with ...

View the full article

#2 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

they should let me coach, im keeping marty as my o coordinator just so i can tell him to shut up everytime he want to call a play action pass on 3rd and long.

im hiring sean mcdermott back as my d coordinator or mike singletary to yell and light fires under butts!
dawkins as secondary coach

now to business:
vick goes to highest bidder, or released
same for jenkins, and drc gets the boot if he doesnt want to resign for cheese steaks.
djax is on trading block for picks or players

nnamdi stays after restructuring and i move him to safety
i sign j byrd to play safety by his side
i lose desean jackson to get a first round pick some how.

i sign dwayne bowe.

draft comes i get teo with 4th pick, with other pick i get the corner from alabama
i use other picks on o line men and other lil holes
i see if spencer from cowboys is still available.
i get mcnabb to be 3rd string qb to help foles ensuring edwards stay. lol

i make first order of business that if i dont see team mates helping each other off the ground after plays they will be benched! i want commradery , brotherhood stuff! if forcing the team to go on bro dates! i will force chemistry upon them! ,

no more big play offense, just straight stop us from moving the chains football. defense improves but wont be stellar, but the offense now scores an avertage of 29,5 points per contest.

#3 cheeese

cheeese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Peyton runs the offense, not the OC in denver. This guy wouldn't have nearly the same record or offensive ranks without peyton. Next up!

#4 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Lol agree with cheese. This guy is not ready to lead a team, not until he runs an offense himself and carries the team.

#5 bigbeak

bigbeak

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

They did go to the playoffs with Orton and Tebow, that's right Orton and Tebow! And won a game!

#6 macashlandpa

macashlandpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Reid to K.C... well i hope on draft day we get Eric Berry and Reid gets back Nate Allen... oh wait.. we already should have Berry!!! i guess we have the 3rd pick cuz we all know Reid on draft day is just flat out a joke! thats why this team fell apart draft day busts finally got us.

#7 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Mr Lurie is an idiot. Payton runs the offense. He probably dosn't even know the offensive coordinator's name...

#8 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Is that Walter Payton?? or Peyton Manning that runs the Denver offense? I think it was Peyton Manning who ran it last year from the Colts sidelines... his headset was actually attached via satelite to the Broncos games. He did a great job to make them the #1 rushng offense. Also gotta give Peyton credit for 2009 & 2010... he was first ever person to actually play and coach at the same time. Playing for Indy while calling the plays for Denver as Kyle Orton actually looked like an above average QB. Lurie shold hire this Peyton guy... first ever omnipresent person in hte NFL. I bet he can play for Denver while he runs our offense too.

#9 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

joemas6 is on crack...denver was 8 and 8 last year,,,, and 4 and 12 in2010...and 8 and 8 in 2009...get your head out of your a**....we don't need no stinkin 8 and 8's..

#10 Rivickulous

Rivickulous

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Fan Since:Inception

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'm not really too excited about this guy, a lot of the wins from the year of Tebow were because Tebow has the uncanny ability to make things happen on broken plays. This year he has Peyton Manning, who is just a complete game-changer.

#11 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Guys your looking at one season with McCoy not the body of work over the past seasons prior to 2012. Manning most likely is for the most part running this offense with all the audibles he calls at the line of scrimmage. McCoy has helped Jake Delhoome earn a pro bowl selection as well as a trip to the superbowl beating our Eagles and Kyle Orton had the best season of his career under McCoy. I don't know if McCoy is the leader were looking for and what this franchise needs right now but he does have a nice track record of working with QB's with limited skills. Sounds like Nick Foles to me. Look past 2012 and really look at what he has done with some less talented QB's. If McCoy can lead and has the respect of players than I say he is a really nice hire. What is the alternative Chip Kelly? What has he done? The answer is nothing.

#12 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Nolan was horrible in San Fran. I have no idea why the Eagles would even interview a ST coach. McCoy would be a good replacement for MM but I'm not sure about a Head Coach. How does this process work? Normally for a job you have to apply and then get an interview, in the NFL it seems like the owners just track you down and interview you.

#13 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Get Manning in here as coordinator. Audibling is not the same as running an offense. The structure is the most important thing first, then the QB adjusting. McCoy has run different offenses and had success in offensive ranks .... not overall record of which the defense and head coach have more of an impact than just a play caller. It seems with Foles his strong suit seems to be the mental part of the game. McCoy would help with that. The whole offense needs coaching, its a joke as they are brutal on the fundamentals. They seem to think they can rely on speed to cure everything. If a coach can work with Delhomme, Orton and Tebow... and have Mannng say he is absolutely ready to be a head coach then I would be ok with that hire if that's what Lurie wants. Big picture here... not just 2012.

#14 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Ortan and Tebow were carried by slightly above avg defenses. Look what the pats did to tebow, once they dominated the defense they had nothing to worry about. If we are hiring him to be a QB coach then fine, but our problem isn't just the QB and this guy doesn't know anything about defense. People only look at him because of what manning did, nothing else.

On a side note, even Eli manning would be a better head coach then McCoy. Such a joke and waste of time on bust individuals.

#15 gwapo62

gwapo62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Lurie should call all the shots here and not the new HC.Lurie hires Nolan for HC, Singletary for DC, McCoy as OC(for 3x he earns in Denver), Dawkins as secondary coach and special teams coach from Atlanta too for more dough , trade Djax and get Bowe at all cost. release Allen, Coleman and sign Byrd and draft safety high priority.Use the 3rd round pick for Djax on Spartan"s RB Bell, Polk and Lewis can go.Foles remains the starter,but sign Alex Smith to compete, Vick unhappy for back-up role so he can go along with Nmandi, Draft DT Star first pick and OT high second, as Lurie said " no stones left unturned " so Bring It, we want that superbowl !!!!

#16 Lanc - 5

Lanc - 5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

McCoy in and Tebow is out in NY.........bring'm back together again in Eagle Green!
Skip Bayless from ESPN says its best-check out his article
"The ultimate question a coach or GM of a struggling franchise must ask himself: Do we want to WIN?"
http://espn.go.com/n...k-story-closing

#17 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

No tebow. He can't pass for crap, better to put shady in as a QB and let tebow be a TE

#18 Birds926

Birds926

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Tebow at Best is a TE .. Chip Kelly would be a Horrible Choice .. He is a Gimmick Scheme Coach .. May work in College but not the NFL... Nolan was a bust in SF ... McCoy Seems a Good OC but is he a Leader ?

#19 Birds926

Birds926

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Let us Remember ... Reid & Morningwheg basically ran Modern Version of the Run & Shoot .. Hence Small WR's ... Why to Pass Happy ... Reid lost at least 15 to 20 games in the 4th Qt do to being Pass Happy

#20 smurf

smurf

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Fan Since:8/01/70

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Why not Ariens? Too old? Too fundamental? Too good?

#21 Birdflipper

Birdflipper

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

OUR NEXT COACH

OUT of 8,318 total votes on this website earlier, 53.51% just want the best candidate. What's funny is the next highest vote getter is Defensive-minded coach, at 18.36%. Offensive background is dead last at 6%.

This is (we're told) an offensive league, and while it's true that a team needs to be able to score points to win, a team that can manufacture key stops and turnovers will go a lot further than a team that can simply score points. We've seen that show.

That isn't to say we should go back to the Buddy Ryan style of Offense, where no one really had a clue. But if you're interested in physically tough and tough-minded sort of a team, then you need a coach who either values defense or power running. If you want finesse and trickery then well, get ready to be pissed when you see your QB in Shotgun on 3rd and 1. (I love Andy, but I won't miss that.)

I've already said that since Andy's gone, I would like to see a defensive guy (or a ball control guy) come in here. It's nice to see I'm not alone.

SIDENOTE: One silver lining to Reid's firing. He won't have to have camp at Lehigh ever again. That hit me last night while I was working on a script, and the thought shut me down for a while. Just sharing.

#22 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Chip Kelly is certainly making a case tonight. I personally wanted to see what he could do in this game. I still think we need a D minded coach. I also realize this is college. At the same time this is top 5 college bowl. The top 5 teams normally have a bunch of NFL caliber talent. The fast tempo would of worked better with this years team. Vick , Djax, D.Johnson, McCoy etc would be good for his hurry up O. I still want Gruden , father or son, good bloodline. Lane Kiffen could coach the D. Still Kelly's scheme and young squad doing so well against a more physical team, has me wondering. Of course Djax has to take a pay cut and he won't stay. Vick babbled his way out. Good more cap room for the Eagles new coach.

#23 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Gruden is a hard nose guy. Always had great D's. Cowher but who else is D minded?

#24 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Also their are some good O minded coordinators available.

D minded too. It is the whole staff except the scouts and GM.

#25 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Perfect staff is possible Norv Turner will prob be a OC again. Ron Rivera will prob be a DC again. Plus Bobby April should be fired already. I guess they are waiting for the new coach to clean house.

#26 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not saying for us. Just saying not every coach that lost their job will be a head coach next year. At least in the NFL. Their is allot of talented guys out their for OC and DC positions. Romeo Cranell, Chan Daily, Ron Rivera, Lovie Smith. Some will coach collage or like Lovie will get a job. But money and perfect situations like assistant coach and their respected coordinator duties as well. It is not just a good coach, hell AR is a good coach, somewhat. Just saying it takes a team of coaches the gel and work well together. Def guys that can change with the times. Good mix of Physicality and insane speed. Hard blitzing aggressive D that can tackle. A O that can protect the QB and make lanes for the backs. Big targets like 2 to 3 TE's and another big guy like Cooper. Maclin is fast enough and D.Johnson can do just as good as Djax these days for a fraction of the cost. Which means we can get another 1 or 2 fast and tall wide outs through draft or free agency.

#27 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

New coach has to be respected and no how to win in the NFL

#28 warrior10

warrior10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Need to beg, plead and whatever it takes to make Gruden Head Coach. There's no shame in my game ! Hire all 3 Atlanta coaches keeping them in the jobs they are already good at. Get it !!!

#29 wibinga

wibinga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Warrior. IMHO, Gruden isn't that good of a coach. He took a Tony Dungy team to the Superbowl, but every other team he coached was terrible. As for the Atlanta coaches, they aren't going to leave Atlanta for the same job in Philly. That's just silly. If they can't move up, they'll stay where they are. I like Mccoy as a prospect, and I like Kelly. I have some doubts about both, but I am trusting that the Eagles Front Office will make the right hire.

#30 wibinga

wibinga

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Lovie Smith should be our Defensive Coordinator. If we hire Chip Kelly as the Head Coach, Lovie can help him grow into an NFL role. Don't really care who the Offensive Coordinator is, as long as he can adjust. Marty couldn't adjust during the game. He stuck to his script of pass pass pass pass, play action, pass pass pass....