Photo
- - - - -

Mike McCoy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 sacook817

sacook817

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Dave,

I know the Eagles are bringing in Mike McCoy for an interview. Has anyone looked at how many times Manning has audibled this year? How many times have they used the hurry up offense? Point being - how much of the Broncos success this year is a result of their OC versus the best General on the field? Manning has always known how to lead a team and would make any OC look good. I hear McCoy is one of the "hottest commodities in the coaching carousel". Why? Just curious. It's a stat worthy of a peek. Thanks.

#2 RibBoy

RibBoy

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

The buzz is that he got success out of Tebow & Orton. I thought Orton wasn't bad in Chicago. Tebow's success was based on improvisation. So I too need the scoop on what makes Mcoy a good candidate.

#3 patpikunas

patpikunas

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

It will have less to do with McCoy's playcalling than it will his ability to be a leader and run a team, which I doubt Dave has much insight into

#4 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Success is tied to QB play and MCoy has a good track record working with different QB's in different schemes.

#5 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Success is tied to QB play and MCoy has a good track record working with different QB's in different schemes.

But is he a 'QB Guru'??

Will he be able to draft mediocre QB's and get 3rd round (or better!) picks for them?

That's the question, not something minor, like can his QB's perform in big spots.

#6 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

But is he a 'QB Guru'??

Will he be able to draft mediocre QB's and get 3rd round (or better!) picks for them?

That's the question, not something minor, like can his QB's perform in big spots.

for someone who is sick of hearing about Andy Reid it sure seems like you can't stop thinking about him !!!

#7 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,686 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

for someone who is sick of hearing about Andy Reid it sure seems like you can't stop thinking about him !!!

Excuse me, I'm just a bit emotional feeling so good for everyone today.

:roll:

#8 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

poor Chiefs.........

#9 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,651 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

McCoy = Kevin Gilbride, so no thanx, Gilbride sucked as a HC and even Giants fans hate him

#10 badmeetsevil

badmeetsevil

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I do wonder about McCoy only because Manning is like a coach himself on the field. Not taking away from McCoy but Tebow ran his own show based on plays breaking down and Manning is Manning.

He is held in high regard so I'd be ok with him but he isn't at the top of the list of coaches I'd like to see here.

#11 downundermike

downundermike

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I like McCoy for the simple fact he tailor's his offense to his personnel.

He changed the entire scheme mid season from Orton's skill set to Tebow's skill set.

I can't speak to his ability to be a leader of men, but actually " Putting players in the best position to succeed " sounds like a great idea.

#12 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Mike McCoy runs the no-huddle offense, right? If so, then I would be okay with the Eagles organization hiring him to help Nick Foles develop his game.

#13 badmeetsevil

badmeetsevil

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Mike McCoy runs the no-huddle offense, right? If so, then I would be okay with the Eagles organization hiring him to help Nick Foles develop his game.

Don't know if he runs it or Manning does.

Just saw Schefter's tweet that Eagles want to interview Seattle's DC!

FINALLY! I want him or Horton from Arizona if Kelly isn't the guy they want or if they don't get him.