Photo

[News] Who Is At The Top Of Eagles' Wish List?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,881 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

The Eagles have already conducted three interviews in their search for a new head coach. They have another scheduled with Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this Sunday in Denver. There are also reports connecting the Eagles with other potential candidates, such as Oregon head coach Chip Kelly.

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,847 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

yes.

#3 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

A better title would have read "click this link to read what you already know"

#4 romirome83

romirome83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm hoping we get Mccoy, has nfl experience, great offensive minded coach, he would just need a strong defensive coach. I don't want chip kelly, don't need a gimmicky offense and I would rather see Nick Foles start than Mike Vick.

#5 downwithdallas

downwithdallas

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Please be Nolan build our D back up he is one of the best defensive minds in the game today and lets pound the rock with our 2 RBs and pass when needed we have 2 of the best RBs in football lets showcase them and play action off them deep with our speedy and talented WRs. Please let it be Nolan and bring us back to the days of a feared defense

#6 Eagle_in_ATL

Eagle_in_ATL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

My dream defensive coaching lineup: DC - Mike Singletary; Secondary Coach - B-dawk; everyone else could be brought in by the new HC. We'd have a dialed up blitz and our DB's will NEVER miss another tackle. Those locker rooms would be intense!

#7 Greenblood82

Greenblood82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

@downwithdallas

MIke Nolan would be horrible here. When he was a head coach in San Fran he didn't have a winning season. I firmly believe he would be a waste of time in Philly the fans would run him outta town in two seasons tops.

#8 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

If the Eagles follow suit the pick will not tle more gravitbe a novelty pick. Look for someone with a little more gravitas. The guy he job will probably be the one with a plan in hand and the ability to sell it to Lurie. I doubt the next coach will get the latitude Andy had until he fixes the defense and offensive line.

#9 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Durn laptop pads...sorry about that

If the Eagles follow suit the pick will not be a novelty pick. Look for someone with a little more gravitas. The guy who does get the job will probably be the one with a plan in hand and the ability to sell it to Lurie. I doubt the next coach will see the latitude Andy had, at least until he fixes the defense backfield and offensive line.

#10 Hooch1959

Hooch1959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Christ you have 2 amazing guys right in front of you, Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher, why can they not go after one of these 2, pay them enough and I bet we win the big one

#11 downwithdallas

downwithdallas

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

@greenblood82
look at san fransis defense who started putting those pieces together Mike Nolan look at atlantas defense who made them who they are Mike Nolan every where the guy goes a defense follows san fran didn't have an offense we have all the pieces of one maybe some line help and thats all we need build that defense up and we will be superbowl contenders again we have D jax Maclin and shady and Brown locked up for awhile Foles shows promise reminds me of big Ben dor Flaco put a defense around him and we have better offensive weapons then both those teams do we are superbowl contenders with a defence

#12 downwithdallas

downwithdallas

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

And Foles will only get better