Photo

[News] Eagles Sign CB Chris Hawkins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,288 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have signed CB Chris Hawkins. Hawkins, 6-1, 184, played in nine games with the Tennessee Titans in 2011 and ranked third on the team with eight special ...

View the full article

#2 keif216

keif216

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm struggling to figure out why we are signing players that weren't even on active rosters this season........If Hawkins has talent, why wasn't he picked up earlier in the season........if he's a camp body, why now?

#3 EAGLES1EAGLES

EAGLES1EAGLES

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Aaaaaahhhhhh...now we see this...and cannot blame it on Andy....so this was the frot office all along?

#4 dwriccci2362

dwriccci2362

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Don't make sence to me! How can you sign players like this when you don't even have a head coach. This only shows any candidates for the job that 1: the front office is in control everything and 2: they don't know what their doing. There's a reason why these guys didn't play and I would rather get players in here that will compete and want to take starting jobs from the guys that are already here.

#5 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Don't you wish Andy would take Howie to KC so they can be there dream team .They should stay away together so we can get a good coach and GM. we won't get a good coach with Howie around they won't put up with his stupid brilliant shopping for players no one wants.Trotter just said what we all knew and watched over the years, Andy getting out coached

#6 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Learn something about football before you start talking smack about Roseman. This guy is one of the best GM's in the NFL. AR and Joe Banner are too blame for the crappy drafts before last year. Any coach would be happy to have a GM that has the contacts and smarts to get the players and coaches to Philly. 2012 was the first draft were Howie had a say and we got Foles, Brown, Kendricks and Cox. True fans know it was AR and his schemes that screwed up this team. The true fans know that Roseman is the man. Get rid of MM, April, Bowles etc. The GM and his picks are the only bright spots on a pathetic team

#7 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Whoa. EAGLESNY1. "This guy is one of the best GM's in the NFL" You're kidding, right? You're going to make a statement like that and then tell somebody they need to " Learn something about football before you start talking smack about Roseman". ROFLMFAO. Then talk about what "true fans" know? You need to change that SNY in your name to SNL

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

It is not like they are making major moves. Yeah it was Howie the whole time, you figured it out ****. It is off season this is what they always do. Howie had no say before last year. Banner and AR are to blame for the small, not physical team. They didn't even fire MM yet. Come on people they are waiting for the new HC to come in and work with Roseman to make major moves. All it really shows is Roseman is always working. Obviously these are guys he liked but couldn't get cause AR didn't. Last time i will explain it to you football illiterate morons. They do this so teams in the play offs can not sign the players that our scouts like. Same reason when the season ends they promote the guys they like from the practice squad to the roster. Don't be ridiculous. Your grasping at straws people. Same morons that wanted Plax and Shockey. Plus blame everyone but Vick for his horrible play. Yan check my posts from the beginning of the year, I wanted Foles since training camp. I know this team very well.

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Why don't you check what the pros think jack a**. Read my 600 posts. See what other true fans think about my opinion. I am not kidding and even top NFL minds agree with me. This was the best draft in years and most people don't even realize that this was the first draft he had control over. Who are you, know one ever seen you say anything of any value on this site. Do you even get to see Eagle games in the Caribbean, please. GET A CLUE>

#10 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Lurie among many other top Eagles beat writers agree with me. Roseman evaluates talent better then anyone in the building. He can only be truly responsible for the 2012 draft . He was highly praised for that draft. It is not like he is out signing top free agents. They will give the new coach plenty of say in that. Honestly, the top coach candidates would rather come to a winning team, with a young go getter of a GM. Plus he has a good relationship with the top agents. He gets the job done. I evaluate talent myself. SMD. Gotta a prob opening day come to the Rocky statue. ILL show you SNL ****

#11 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Why don't you check what the pros think jack a**. Read my 600 posts. See what other true fans think about my opinion. I am not kidding and even top NFL minds agree with me. This was the best draft in years and most people don't even realize that this was the first draft he had control over. Who are you, know one ever seen you say anything of any value on this site. Do you even get to see Eagle games in the Caribbean, please. GET A CLUE>

Check your 600 posts? Check my 5000+ you moron. See what other true fans say? you do that idiot. Internet tough guy are we? Meet you at the Rocky statue? you'ld be more at home in a mens room at Reading Terminal.

"Lurie among many other top Eagles beat writers agree with me"..................You are one funny, and stupid, dude, man. Beat writers mock the little lawyer and Lurie doesn't know his arse from you. "Roseman evaluates talent better then anyone in the building" The freaking team was 4-12. That says all that needs to be said about this franchises talent evaluation. And Little Howie may be responsible for one draft that isn't even a year old yet but more likely had his hands in the last 3 a lot more than he of Lurie are willing to admit. Get real nut case.

Sorry pal, you couldn't lick my shoes when it comes to football knowledge, knowing what true fans think or lenght of service. Go finish your bad Rx up and get a life. Loser

#12 ASG15

ASG15

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Everybody's a tough guy when they're sitting at their keyboard. I just want someone to tell me who signed all the free agents for the "Dream Team" that'll give us some idea who let this go to H***.

#13 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Everybody's a tough guy when they're sitting at their keyboard. I just want someone to tell me who signed all the free agents for the "Dream Team" that'll give us some idea who let this go to H***.

Agreed. And it's easy to put the blame on Banner and/or Reid since they're both gone. If I was going to put money on it though I'd bet Roseman had a lot more to do with things than he or Jeffrey are admitting too.

#14 EAGLHITZ

EAGLHITZ

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Fan Since:BIRTH

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

HOWIE had sweet F all to do with all the STUPID moves, REID and BANNER built this team , Howie had NO input prior to BANNER leaving and last years draft (AR HAS FINAL SAY ON EVERY FOOTBALL MOVE ,THE BUCK STOPS WITH HIM) AR blew it by wanting WATKINS to please HIS BUDDY(NOT HOWIES)MUDD and then by personaly VOUCHING how much his "great" pick of J.JARRET who i quote reid said "he reminds me of brian dawkins when he was coming out of Clemson" ,then he cuts the kid before JJ has even played not 1 full year! NO this disaster is ALL REID ,howie had input at this years draft, before that AR and JOE (DJAXS contract) made or didnt ALL the calls!! Anyways we will c if this years GREAT DRAFT by HOWIE was a fluke this draft cuz this past draft HOWIE nailed possibly one of the greatest EAGLE drafts! Man think about it ,COX,KENDRYKS

#15 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Why don't you root for the giants like you're supposed to mr know it all ****, you will see what happens when Howie finally finds a coach that wants to listen to his brilliance ,as he signs all these great talents nobody wants. Maybe you should call him you NEY YORK kiss a**.Ive been a fan for 25 yrs. Stay in that crap hole where you belong.HOPEFULLY LAURIE FIRES him too so we get a good coach instead of somebody like you who sucks!

#16 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

PS I've been to Giants Stadium and the reason we beat them up there is because the NY fans like you sit there and don't make a peep .Its like a home game but i bet you keep you're stupid mouth shut while you walk around you're ****ty neighborhood NY

#17 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lurie just said that Roseman had nothing to do with it. That last year was him and of course. AR. I walk around with my Eagles gear . . fight with rowdy NY fans my whole life. Sure they are nice when you win, think they were nice last week, week. No ill be their i am sure you gotta be a real tough old **** to be a fan in the Caribbean. I had tons of post before someone stole my user name. You don't know who the F i am. I am a die hard eagles fan from NY. Ive been at bars in NY you would get your little @ss kicked. SHUT YOUR MOUTH. How do you no were i am from. MF insulted me. Just saying you so tough opening day iLL knock your teeth down your throat. And my ****ty Neighborhood too. Love my Eagles but PA blows lived their.

#18 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

You people are disgusting attacking your fellow fans. I am not a joke. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. Yes and you will see when a good coach gets in here with Roseman. This guys a hard working GM. Being from NY and have lived in PA, I know what hard work is. SMC

#19 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Bet my posts have more useful info in it then all your 5000 combined. I was a fan in NY when their was no fans in NY. FU

#20 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Problem is you guys are blaming the wrong guy. People all over the NFL praised the Eagles draft last year. Why don't you read, instead of just assuming ****. Show me anyone that covers the NFL that thinks Roseman has done a bad job. Morons they were 4-11 because of AR and his old schemes and even older coaches. All Howie did was get guys AR and Mudd wanted etc. Obviously they are not letting Roseman control every thing, or the coaches would be fired. I thought Howie brought in future stars last year, even with AR holding him back. I think he is gonna do a good job this year as well. Sorry, i like Foles, Cox, Kendricks and even Brown if he could hold on to the ball. Your right it was Roseman turning it over 16 times, not Vick, Jerk 0ffs

Not to mention trying to get wide nine guys. Allot of good that was.

#21 DreamTeam2012

DreamTeam2012

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

@EAGLESNY1 You're admitting you're a bandwagon fan? I know you mad for hopping on the wrong wagon but i dont know how you feel, being a band wagon fan.

#22 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

eaglesNY1 good quality post. F the haters the players couldnt do what was asked of em and the coaching sucked harder than a hoover on new carpet, thats not friggin rosemans fault at all. Good job on that post ill get your back from fans who think roseman sucks because they think that, it shouldnt be hard to defend your point....

#23 rvernet

rvernet

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Should have pushed for Tommie Campbell imo.