Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles: A Deep, Thorough Search

193 posts in this topic

Jeffrey Lurie's' intention isn't to take the first dive into the coaching pool, or to make the biggest splash. It's to prepare thoroughly, interview his extensive list of candidates and find the perfect man for the job ...

View the full article

I hate to wait but I'm glad that Lurie and co. are taking there time looking into every possible option for a new HC to make sure they get the right guy..... I am kind of surprised that Mike Zimmer hasn't gotten more of a buzz about him he has done a good job with the Bengals D

its funny how this comes out

right after kelly signs

he was eagles 1st choice

too cheap to reel him in

BG...I'm liking how Lurie is sticking with the names we as fans have been asking for. McCoy, Bradley, Nolan. I really am intrigued by Arians. Very grizzly guy and he helped develop Rothlesbirger and Luck. Very exciting times indeed. Hopefully Fangio gets a look too.

sounds like kelly and O'brien didnt want to come here now we are are going to get someone that was not tops on our list

Kelly hasn't signed yet they are just saying he is close to a deal....He still has an interview with the Eagles tomorrow and the Bills I believe

Pathetic job both owner and gm are doing. 5 days since firing Andy and not a single interview yet. If they are putting all their money on McCoy than they truly deserve to have the failure he will bring thrust upon themselves.

Truely I could care less really wasn't a big fan of Kelly as HC anyway....

Careless they interviewed O'Brien who decided to stay at PSU

Also they have interviewed Nolan and the Falcons ST coach already as well

I believe Koetter was also interviewed but he decided to take the contract extension to remain Falcons OC

Then I stand mistaken. Either they are being cheap or nobody wants to fix the mess that the team is in. Also I didn't and don't want Kelly, his spread/postal offense won't fool anyone in the NFL (even more so now that RG3 been using it). The penn state coach would of been ok but really beside the pats he hasn't had much success in the NFL. Atlanta can keep their coaches, bad defense and special teams, and an offense that hasn't won a play off game. We're suppose to be upgrading from Ried not downgrading.

Guys, I have talked with Jeffrey a bunch here and I am very excited about the plan. He knows what he wants. There are a lot of strong candidates. Gotta hang in ...

3 people like this

Couldcareless...I don't think Lurie is looking to hire some fast I believe he is taking his time interveiwing everyone that he can so he can find the best coach

1 person likes this

BG...Bradley and Arians really intrigue me. So does Fangio and McCoy. Very interested to see where this goes. Wonder if Rick Dennison is on their list...

careless...you said it...kelly is probably not the fit here, and our historic cheapness will prevent the buyout. Most people I think agree with that. Good. Let's wait and see what happens. I like McCoy the best so far....and o'brien...well...taking the leap from 1 successful season at PSU (not to mention opposing teams probably didn't get up for all the games which is a big deal on gameday in college) he might not have been ready yet. Bottom line...I still think McCoy is the best fit out of all the guys we have lined up currently. That said, there will be more names out there, but he'll be near the top, and if we don't snap him up, another team will beat us to the punch on him. Nobody knows nothing till after the interview. Good coaches in the hunt are mostly all in the playoffs, so don't put so much strength in the QUANTITY of who's been interviewed thus far.

1 person likes this

I understand that, but time only works when there isn't a demand. We can't afford other teams to take canidiates and than settling for 2nd rate people.

Jhop....I really like mike mccoy also love that he adapts his O to the talent he has....Also really like Gus Bradley think he would really turn are D around

Careless...most of the coaches we had to wait to interview....Kelly wasn't interviewing till after his bowl game, We had to get permission to talk to Arians and Bradley and any other playoff team that has a game this weekend, Mccoy we have set for Sunday, we have done the Falcons coaches, We can't go much faster

I am not impressed with not one of the names listed as potential coaches.Just look at these names this is what were looking at?Scary times ahead folks McCoy,Ariens and Nolan.....are you kidding me!Hire any one of them and we will suck.......long time....bank on it!

Luke Joeckel looks like a brick wall so far...

I hope we at least interview Lovie Smith before he goes with the Bills

lovie deserves a look...I been saying him as HC but only w/ someone like Holmgren at OC. Don't think that will happen though

I'm really not sold on McCoy. What does he bring to the overall team, being able to just work with the QB won't help us win games.

Careless...who is your option for HC I don't think I have seen yours yet????

Mccoy doesn't just work with the QB's is a very good Offense of minded coach who has built O's that plays to the strengths of his players.

I'm not sold on McCoy either. I prefer someone who has been an NFL HC before....someone who knows how to build a play-off caliber team with a play-off caliber coaching staff