[News] Eagles: A Deep, Thorough Search

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
192 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Jeffrey Lurie's' intention isn't to take the first dive into the coaching pool, or to make the biggest splash. It's to prepare thoroughly, interview his extensive list of candidates and find the perfect man for the job ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I hate to wait but I'm glad that Lurie and co. are taking there time looking into every possible option for a new HC to make sure they get the right guy..... I am kind of surprised that Mike Zimmer hasn't gotten more of a buzz about him he has done a good job with the Bengals D

#3 michaels maniacs

michaels maniacs

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1973

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

its funny how this comes out
right after kelly signs
he was eagles 1st choice
too cheap to reel him in

#4 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

BG...I'm liking how Lurie is sticking with the names we as fans have been asking for.  McCoy, Bradley, Nolan.  I really am intrigued by Arians.  Very grizzly guy and he helped develop Rothlesbirger and Luck.  Very exciting times indeed.  Hopefully Fangio gets a look too.

#5 brianfive

brianfive

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

sounds like kelly and O'brien didnt want to come here now we are are going to get someone that was not tops on our list

#6 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Kelly hasn't signed yet they are just saying he is close to a deal....He still has an interview with the Eagles tomorrow and the Bills I believe

#7 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Pathetic job both owner and gm are doing. 5 days since firing Andy and not a single interview yet. If they are putting all their money on McCoy than they truly deserve to have the failure he will bring thrust upon themselves.

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Truely I could care less really wasn't a big fan of Kelly as HC anyway....

Careless they interviewed O'Brien who decided to stay at PSU

Also they have interviewed Nolan and the Falcons ST coach already as well

#9 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I believe Koetter was also interviewed but he decided to take the contract extension to remain Falcons OC

#10 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Then I stand mistaken. Either they are being cheap or nobody wants to fix the mess that the team is in. Also I didn't and don't want Kelly, his spread/postal offense won't fool anyone in the NFL (even more so now that RG3 been using it). The penn state coach would of been ok but really beside the pats he hasn't had much success in the NFL. Atlanta can keep their coaches, bad defense and special teams, and an offense that hasn't won a play off game. We're suppose to be upgrading from Ried not downgrading.

#11 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Guys, I have talked with Jeffrey a bunch here and I am very excited about the plan. He knows what he wants. There are a lot of strong candidates. Gotta hang in ...

#12 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Couldcareless...I don't think Lurie is looking to hire some fast I believe he is taking his time interveiwing everyone that he can so he can find the best coach

#13 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

BG...Bradley and Arians really intrigue me.  So does Fangio and McCoy.  Very interested to see where this goes.  Wonder if Rick Dennison is on their list...

#14 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

careless...you said it...kelly is probably not the fit here, and our historic cheapness will prevent the buyout.  Most people I think agree with that.  Good.  Let's wait and see what happens.  I like McCoy the best so far....and o'brien...well...taking the leap from 1 successful season at PSU (not to mention opposing teams probably didn't get up for all the games which is a big deal on gameday in college) he might not have been ready yet.  Bottom line...I still think McCoy is the best fit out of all the guys we have lined up currently.  That said, there will be more names out there, but he'll be near the top, and if we don't snap him up, another team will beat us to the punch on him.  Nobody knows nothing till after the interview.  Good coaches in the hunt are mostly all in the playoffs, so don't put so much strength in the QUANTITY of who's been interviewed thus far.

#15 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I understand that, but time only works when there isn't a demand. We can't afford other teams to take canidiates and than settling for 2nd rate people.

#16 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

SPUDS !!!!

#17 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Jhop....I really like mike mccoy also love that he adapts his O to the talent he has....Also really like Gus Bradley think he would really turn are D around

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Careless...most of the coaches we had to wait to interview....Kelly wasn't interviewing till after his bowl game, We had to get permission to talk to Arians and Bradley and any other playoff team that has a game this weekend, Mccoy we have set for Sunday, we have done the Falcons coaches, We can't go much faster

#19 rit

rit

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I am not impressed with not one of the names listed as potential coaches.Just look at these names this is what were looking at?Scary times ahead folks McCoy,Ariens and Nolan.....are you kidding me!Hire any one of them and we will suck.......long time....bank on it!

#20 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Luke Joeckel looks like a brick wall so far...

#21 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I hope we at least interview Lovie Smith before he goes with the Bills

#22 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

lovie deserves a look...I been saying him as HC but only w/ someone like Holmgren at OC.  Don't think that will happen though

#23 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm really not sold on McCoy.  What does he bring to the overall team, being able to just work with the QB won't help us win games.

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Careless...who is your option for HC I don't think I have seen yours yet????

Mccoy doesn't just work with the QB's is a very good Offense of minded coach who has built O's that plays to the strengths of his players.

#25 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'm not sold on McCoy either. I prefer someone who has been an NFL HC before....someone who knows how to build a play-off caliber team with a play-off caliber coaching staff

#26 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'd rather have a defensive minded coach. If we can keep teams only scoring field goals or 1-2 touchdowns a game you don't need a high power'd offense. Look at the patriots high power'd offense, they havnt won a Super Bowl since their defense became average. McCoy doesn't offer a single thing to defense. Shoot Gus is unproven but I would take him above any offensive minded coach on the market.

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I perfectly fine giving a guy his 1st chance there have been plenty of coaches that went on to have success after being position coaches or coorinators....I mean Sean Peyton,Mike Mccarthy,John Haraugh,Lovie Smith,Mike Tomlin(even though he took over Cowhers team),Mike Smith, Chuck Pagano/Bruce Arians etc. just to name a few

#28 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'd love a Lovie-Rivera combo in Philly, they'd definitely toughen up this defense. We do need a good OC though, someone who isn't stubborn and will actually run the ball

#29 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

The way Foles floats/flutters the ball I think even MM would run the ball more. I hated Vicks poor judgement but you have to give him credit on how he throws darts, that perfect spiral at times.

#30 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Careless....when is the last time a team has won a SB with a weak offense????? We need balance on this team a good O and good D not going to win a SB with just one or the other.... Whoever are next HC is O or D minded to going to have to put together a good staff to help the side he doesn't really know