Photo
- - - - -

Vikes have no business in Lambeau.. 45+ points by Pack

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Team:Ravens
  • Fan Since:age 10

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

We all love A.P, and I heard many times that the Vikes play well in Lambeau. The Packers will decimate them and show them why..:)

#2 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

why even play the game.....then

#3 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,510 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't think so. The Packers have a choke factor to them. The Vikings have built up some momentum. If Ponder can just throw for about 200-250 yards and the Vikings run it through AP, then I think the Vikings have a legit chance to win there. Peterson is one guy who can take that game over. I don't know how much the weather will factor in. But, if it is windy, then the Vikings will have a huge edge.

#4 skippyx

skippyx

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

The combined score of the head to head games this year was 57 to 51.
I think 120 to 30 would better support your claims.

The Vikings chewed them up for 457 rushing yards in 2 games.
That will make it tough to for Green Bay to be on the field long enough to score the 45 points.

#5 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

This is based on a very resolute Aaron Rogers who remembers the Giants game after being 15-1, they have all the offensive pieces to destroy the Vikes. That said, Minny is known to keep it close being a divisional game and may perhaps keep it under the 9 point spread,. But I see 47-17 Packers.. easily.. I will eat crow if Minny wins it with an A.P run with time expiring or a field goal..LOL

#6 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,018 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Adrian Peterson 410+ Yards in 2 Games against the Pack

#7 upstateCowboy

upstateCowboy

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Pack win but no blow out..

#8 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Team:Saints

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Adrian Peterson 410+ Yards in 2 Games against the Pack

I listened to Sal Palantonio on our local sports station wed. morning and he gave a mind boggling stat. Peterson averaged 13.6 yards per
rush when he ran outside the tackles in 2 games against the Packers this year. He also said he believed the Packers would win in a close game
but Packers def. coordinator Dom Capers can't be getting much sleep right now. The Packers defense is geared more to stopping the pass
than the run also. If AP gets rolling,the pass rushing ability of Clay Mathews and the blitzing from Charles Woodson gets neutralized.

http://www.jsonline....-185728371.html

From 2007-'09, Peterson's six-game averages against Green Bay were 100.7 yards per game and 4.95 yards per carry. After the second meeting in '08, Packers veteran Charles Woodson said Peterson was that rare back that went looking for contact.

In Peterson's last six games against the Packers, his marks have risen to 139.7 and 6.21. Knee injury or no knee injury, his vision has become much keener. He is allowing plays to come to him, taking advantage of the very methods (pursuit, gang-tackling) that defensive coordinators want from their charges.

#9 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82,435 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I like the Packers to win, but I don't see them putting up a 40 burger against the Vikes.

#10 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

I don't see a blow out. They've played close twice. Packers have a bad O-line and Peterson is pretty close to unstoppable. So it won't be easy on their offense and AP will keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands. I couldn't comfortably call it one way or another really. Close game. Division games are always weird.

And strangely enough bad weather(if there is any IDK what the forecast is) could favor the team that plays in a dome.

#11 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,018 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Have fun tackling Adrian Peterson in 10 Degree Weather Packers.

#12 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,000 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

The Packers (and the Patriots) are the NFL's pets; how else to explain them getting to play a domed-stadium team in a night game, which will make the kickoff-time temperature like 10-15 degrees colder than if the game had been scheduled where it should have been - in the 1:00 PM time slot on Sunday?

#13 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,364 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Not gonna happen. You've been given some bad info

#14 bandwagon

bandwagon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,297 posts
  • Fan Since:tuesday

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Bad and cold weather favors the Vikings in this matchup, they run the ball much better and have a tougher defense. The Packers might play at Lambeau, but they're not an outdoor team. They're built on speed and throwing the ball, things beneficial to playing in a dome. In fact if the game were to be played inside in Minnesota I'd predict a Green Bay blowout. And yes I am aware the Vikes beat them there last week. This game will be close, the worse the weather the better the chance of a Minnesota upset.

To predict a 45+ point victory by the Packers in this instance is stupid, even for a woman.

#15 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Packers will win but not by some crazy margin like that.

When you have a guy play the way AP did this year, you certainly deserve to be in the playoffs.

#16 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,680 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Bad and cold weather favors the Vikings in this matchup, they run the ball much better and have a tougher defense. The Packers might play at Lambeau, but they're not an outdoor team. They're built on speed and throwing the ball, things beneficial to playing in a dome. In fact if the game were to be played inside in Minnesota I'd predict a Green Bay blowout. And yes I am aware the Vikes beat them there last week. This game will be close, the worse the weather the better the chance of a Minnesota upset.

To predict a 45+ point victory by the Packers in this instance is stupid, even for a woman.

Exactly. Just off the top of my head, they've lost 3 evening playoff games at home over the past decade (last year vs. NYG, NFCCG vs. NYG, 02 vs. ATL). The cold weather favors the Vikings. If Dom Capers doesn't figure out how to stop Peterson, then he could very well go for over 200 yards on the ground again.

#17 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,246 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

The Vikings are better than the Packers on BOTH lines of scrimmage. It's a young QB in Lambeau in the playoffs so anything can happen, but I expect a very tough game.

Absolutely.

#18 H-field Hero

H-field Hero

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,640 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Rodgers is still one of the best QB's in the game, but the days of GB's offense looking like the Madden video game seem to be over. The game could be closer than you think.

#19 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Team:Saints

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

The Packers (and the Patriots) are the NFL's pets; how else to explain them getting to play a domed-stadium team in a night game, which will make the kickoff-time temperature like 10-15 degrees colder than if the game had been scheduled where it should have been - in the 1:00 PM time slot on Sunday?

It has nothing to do with being the "Leagues pet". If the Packers had taken care of their own business last week, they would have been the #2 seed and a bye

Good points. The Packers are built like a dome team and not one that plays outdoors in one of the leagues coldest sites. The Giants upset them last year in large
part due to key drops by the Gb receivers on 3rd down. Those bullets thrown by Rogers sting a lot more in cold weather than they do when the weather is warmer.
When they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, I believe they benefited by playing on the road. They caught a mild day in Philly and then went to a dome in Atlanta.
The title game in Chicago was cold and windy,but they also caught a break there when Cutler left the game with a injury early in the 2nd half. I believe the Falcons
would have beaten the Packers in Lambeau. Atlanta's offense back then was built around the power running game with Michael Turner. They were better suited
for a outdoor cold weather game than the Packers were.

#20 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 82,435 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

It has nothing to do with being the "Leagues pet". If the Packers had taken care of their own business last week, they would have been the #2 seed and a bye

Good points. The Packers are built like a dome team and not one that plays outdoors in one of the leagues coldest sites. The Giants upset them last year in large
part due to key drops by the Gb receivers on 3rd down. Those bullets thrown by Rogers sting a lot more in cold weather than they do when the weather is warmer.
When they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, I believe they benefited by playing on the road. They caught a mild day in Philly and then went to a dome in Atlanta.
The title game in Chicago was cold and windy,but they also caught a break there when Cutler left the game with a injury early in the 2nd half. I believe the Falcons
would have beaten the Packers in Lambeau. Atlanta's offense back then was built around the power running game with Michael Turner. They were better suited
for a outdoor cold weather game than the Packers were.

It was actually very cold the day of the Eagles and Packers playoff game. I was there for that one.

#21 Whiskey

Whiskey

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Have fun tackling Adrian Peterson in 10 Degree Weather Packers.

Excellent point. If it is cold and windy, Vikings have the edge IMO. The Vikings defense has been playing very well too so if they slow down the Packers offense and AP rips the Packers D early, the Vikings will win by two scores.

#22 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

We all love A.P, and I heard many times that the Vikes play well in Lambeau. The Packers will decimate them and show them why..:)

I see a Packers victory tonight, but not by 45+pts man.

Packers 31
Vikings 19

#23 mike030270

mike030270

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,538 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Weather will be a huge factor for this game. So far they are only saying it's going to be slight wind
http://www.accuweath...3497_pc?hour=19

#24 FlyinBrian36-20

FlyinBrian36-20

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,669 posts
  • Fan Since:'99

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

AP already truckin...

#25 cmart102

cmart102

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,147 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Well I'm sure glad I teased the pack

#26 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Oh well the Pack has decided to go vanilla since the third and rest up, so much for my 45 points. But as I knew they would toast the poor Vikes, on to San Fran ! Offense vs the 9ers D. Good game coming!!

#27 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 82,435 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Oh well the Pack has decided to go vanilla since the third and rest up, so much for my 45 points. But as I knew they would toast the poor Vikes, on to San Fran ! Offense vs the 9ers D. Good game coming!!

You need to put the avatar pic of you back up, but without shades. :P