- - - - -

NFC Divisional: Packers @ 49ers: 49ers win 45-31

packers 49ers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
232 replies to this topic

#211 kb420

kb420

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I think the Superbowl will be New England and San Francisco.  I think Seattle upsets Atlanta tomorrow,  but I don't see them beating the 9ers next week.  FWIW,  Seattle really doesn't play will on the road (3-5) in the regular season.  I don't see Houston beating the Patriots tomorrow,  and I can't see Baltimore beating the Patriots next week,  even though they beat them earlier in the season.

#212 The_Talon

The_Talon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,831 posts
  • Fan Since:1978?

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostCaliEagle, on 12 January 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

As a sports fan living in LA, I have been conditioned to hate San Fran teams.  But, the 49ers have been so bad after Jeff Garcia/TO left that it's hard to get that kind of hatred for them again.  I hate the Giants and San Jose Sharks though.  I admit that my hatred for the 49ers in the 1980s was because they were so good back then.  Can you imagine if the Giants and Bears hadn't been quite as good in the mid 80s to early 90s?  The 49ers could've easily reeled off 7 Super Bowl wins.  The Redskins won their Super Bowls in strike years back then, so I left them out of it.

oh, yeah, I agree. To some degree it was absolute jealousy. I think we can all say that. Even including the 'Skins, I hated that whole era. From Super Bowl 15 through 30, with the exception of the '85 Bears, the Super Bowl NFC representation was either by the 49ers or the NFC East. Crappy part is we (the Eagles) didn't participate in any of that winning.

#213 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,325 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Postkb420, on 12 January 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

I think the Superbowl will be New England and San Francisco.
I was just thinking the same thing.

#214 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,909 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostThe_Talon, on 12 January 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

oh, yeah, I agree. To some degree it was absolute jealousy. I think we can all say that. Even including the 'Skins, I hated that whole era. From Super Bowl 15 through 30, with the exception of the '85 Bears, the Super Bowl NFC representation was either by the 49ers or the NFC East. Crappy part is we (the Eagles) didn't participate in any of that winning.
I really think 1988 should've been our year.  The Fog Bowl was the killer. Plus, the Eagles had bad penalties in that game. The Eagles were better than the Bears. It just didn't happen.  But, then again, the Eagles would've played the 49ers and Montana would've probably found a way to beat us that year.

#215 The_Talon

The_Talon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 29,831 posts
  • Fan Since:1978?

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostCaliEagle, on 13 January 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

I really think 1988 should've been our year.  The Fog Bowl was the killer. Plus, the Eagles had bad penalties in that game. The Eagles were better than the Bears. It just didn't happen.  But, then again, the Eagles would've played the 49ers and Montana would've probably found a way to beat us that year.

I always felt like if we could have just played the Giants in the playoffs we would have won. Buddy owned the Giants. In 1990 if we played the Giants instead of the Redskins we would have gone further. Sure, we probably would have eventually lost to the Niners or Redskins anyway, but Buddy would have at least won a playoff game.

#216 JRoy

JRoy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Are the Packers still tired of listening to how tough the 49'ers are or is that over now?

#217 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,998 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Kaepernick is the latest fad that is going to come crashing down to earth. He's a better runner than passer and when your job is to throw the ball, that is never a good thing. The Packers were just totally unprepared for him running. I still don't think the Niners are very good.

#218 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

Did that look like the 11th best defense in the league tonight (Green Bay)?

#219 JRoy

JRoy

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Finesse got it's a** handed to it. That's a beautiful thing to watch.

#220 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,325 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostSack that QB, on 13 January 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Kaepernick is the latest fad that is going to come crashing down to earth. He's a better runner than passer and when your job is to throw the ball, that is never a good thing. The Packers were just totally unprepared for him running. I still don't think the Niners are very good.
Given one of two choices though, Vick or Kaepernick, I'd take Kaepernick.

#221 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Team:49ers
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

The Niners ran through a defense that couldn't tackle Adrian Peterson and hasn't tackled anyone for two years.. Holding Peterson to 99 yards last week was considered a solid defensive performance by the Packers defense. But the Vikings had nothing else.

The Niners have a few weapons now, including a QB who is big but runs like a deer. But Joe Webb had some nice runs last week too. The difference between the two is that Kaepernick can also pass.

He looks to me like a bigger version of RG III.

#222 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,573 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postrocketman44, on 13 January 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

He looks to me like a bigger version of RG III.

This is exactly what I was thinking as I watched the game last night.

Kapernick is even faster than I thought originally.

#223 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

hahahaha.......just stay tuned homie....these new breeds of qb are going to take over the nfl......i said it before the season ended....either rg3, wilson or kaepernick will represent the nfc in the superbowl.....these new breeds are even better than the mcnabbs and vicks that you had lol

#224 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,909 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

hahahaha.......just stay tuned homie....these new breeds of qb are going to take over the nfl......i said it before the season ended....either rg3, wilson or kaepernick will represent the nfc in the superbowl.....these new breeds are even better than the mcnabbs and vicks that you had lol
A good QB is a good QB.  They said what you said back when Tarkenton came into the League.  They said it when Randall Cunningham came into the League.  They said that when Vick came into the League.  Ultimately, it comes down to passing ability.  If the QB is mobile, too, then that is an added bonus.

#225 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostCaliEagle, on 13 January 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

A good QB is a good QB.  They said what you said back when Tarkenton came into the League.  They said it when Randall Cunningham came into the League.  They said that when Vick came into the League.  Ultimately, it comes down to passing ability.  If the QB is mobile, too, then that is an added bonus.

But these guys can throw.....that is the difference between them and the vicks or cunningham....these are what i evisioned in vick but he never lived up to it only for one year (2010)....vick never started his career the way these new qbs have....only under andy reid did he started passing well....

#226 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

You can't deny he has a rocket for a arm and good accuracy. I didn't watch the full game but damn he made some real good passes. I do think he will get injured sometime in the future like they all seem to do though

#227 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

It's funny watching that 49ers commercial with Alex Smith in it

#228 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

View Postmike030270, on 13 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

You can't deny he has a rocket for a arm and good accuracy. I didn't watch the full game but damn he made some real good passes. I do think he will get injured sometime in the future like they all seem to do though

Stereotype much money mike?

#229 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 13 January 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Stereotype much money mike?
Not a stereotype when it actually happens. Just a matter of time

#230 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

View Postmike030270, on 13 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Not a stereotype when it actually happens. Just a matter of time

When he was running ....didnt u see him get out of bounds and slide? Thats the key right there

#231 H-field Hero

H-field Hero

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,425 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I agree with your assessment of Kaepernick in terms of the long term picture.  But he only has to keep the magic going for two more games.  It's not like it's week 10 of the regular season.

#232 Sack that QB

Sack that QB

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,998 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postmike030270, on 13 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I don't think he is particularly accurate or has a rocket. Vick makes some beautiful passes now and again too, but he is not accurate overall.

#233 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,289 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Congrats 9ers!  Very glad they beat GB.