Just a mock draft thats all w/ Chip Kelly as HC
Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:05 AM
2) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas- An instant upgrade over all of our current safties. He will start from day one and hopefully helps our saftey problems for the forseeable future.
3) Will Davis CB Utah State- I think this guy is a steal at this point in the draft. His stock will probably rise before the draft comes, but I think this guy has a chance to start from day 1 as well.
4) EJ Manuel QB Florida State- despite his stock dropping, Manuel could be the perfect fit for Kelly's offense. Vick is wayyyyy too expensive of an option here, so having Manuel who has size, strength, speed and a good arm, could wind up being a great steal for us here.
5) Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State- Fletcher Cox gets his running mate back with him on the interior with Boyd. Could be a steal at this point the draft especially with his chemistry with Cox.
6) Brian Schwenke C California- This pick is strictly for depth along the offensive line. Schwenke will challenge with Reynolds to be the backup center. Reynolds is probably better suited at guard anyways.
7) Treymane Scott DE Ohio- Will help replace Darryl Tapp as the last DE on the roster. This also depends what kind of defensive scheme Kelly may bring in here as well. So things could change still with this draft.
Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:09 AM
I think everyone is going overboard with the idea that he has to have a "scrambler"
I also think Star will be #1 on the Eagles Board no matter who the coach is, and Chip would agree with that pick. Add Star to that line and everything about your D changes. Corners are instantly better no matter who they are, DE, LB, everything is better. Still need more DBs though. Good thing the 2-4 rounds will be loaded with all sorts of DB talent.
Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:53 AM
You don't like sure tackling ball hawks?
Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:51 AM
You obviously have not seen him play. He is a soft tackler and is Nate Allen 2.0. I need a safety that lays the wood and does it all.
Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:58 AM
Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:41 PM
Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:19 PM
For me, it goes:
That's my top 3. Now keep in mind ALL 3 of these safeties have the POTENTIAL to go in the 1st round of the draft, so the Eagles may have to be creative.
For corners, it is simple. If Xavier Rhodes is available at 35 and Elam is already off the board, then he is a no-brainer.
Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:49 PM
Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:44 AM
Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:58 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users