Photo

[News] Report: It's Eagles Or Oregon For Kelly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,028 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Oregon head coach Chip Kelly is narrowing his head coaching choices, and one of those teams is reportedly the Eagles.

View the full article

#2 hyperswipe

hyperswipe

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Make up your freakin mind!!!

#3 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Just go away Chip Kelly. Go back to Oregon until next year when you string a few more teams along. What an arrogant guy to think teams are just ok with this crap. Who are you Bill Belichick. Come on Eagles give him no choice to go back to Oregon and hire Mike McCoy or possibly Gus Bradley after the Seahawks play tonight.

#4 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,185 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Really!!. Ish or get off the pot, as my daddy would say. The Browns seem to have moved on to other canidates. Maybe we should too. Don't want it to be another last minute bail out back to Oregon like he did with the Buc's last season.

Wasn't really keen on the guy to start with...now I'm even less so.

#5 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,185 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I'd rather have McCoy or Bradley too. They at least have NFL experience. Not that I don't think Kelly wouldn't be successful. He just seems so unsure of himself to me, of whether he could be or not. Thats probably why he feels more comfortable at the collage leve ( if reports are true) that he is pondering between the Eagles and Oregon..

#6 ackid38

ackid38

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,829 posts
  • Fan Since:69

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Kelly is afraid to fail.We do not need this..Last year he did the same thing with the BUCS.Mr Kelly just go back to the college ranks and be content being a top 5-10 team..He will never win a NC.Other teams with the good Ds will tear Oregon up.So sir just stay put and let the big boys coach in the NFL.....McCoy for next coach is my choice.McCoy can adapt to whom ever is playing for his team.Now thats a coach...And i'm gonna stop reading anything ESPN writes..Yesterday they reported Kelly was all but the BRowns next coach,a few days ago Reid was all but the next Arizona Coach.....These guys really get paid to write all these lies...Sign me up.I can write that crap all day.

#7 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Can you blame Kelly for being unsure? Hes got a good thing going with Oregon. A 46-7 record. let me say that again, a 46-7 record. 4 straight bowl game appearances (winning 2x). And an up tempo offense that not a lot of people understand. Im fine with Chip Kelly as new Eagles head coach. Hes Intelligent and innovative. Brings way more to the table than just an awesome O. He cares about his team, players and city and does things to reflect that. Thats what Im talking about! Im thinking his issue is inheriting a broken Eagles team that severely underachieved this year. I dont blame him. Huge risk vs reward, but as a gambler myself, Im ok with it. One thing is for sure, he cant do much worse than 4-12.

#8 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

My question is if Kelly is the new HC, then does Vick stay? If so, which Vick do we get? The Vick of 2010, MVP candidate, humble, accurate, flashy and just plain awesome? Or do we get the Vick of 2012, fumbleitis, non productive, trade worthy also-ran? My Guess would be the former as that style O is what Vick was born to run and look good doing it (not the best pocket passer if ya know what I mean).

#9 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

wski, How in H e l l can Kelly help our defense? Our offense is not a problem, except when Vick plays, and our defense is rotten! Even Brady and Rogers couldn't win with our defense! We need a defensive expert to make us winners again.

#10 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

OldBill...Time out! When our D was great it was certainly not because of Reid. It was JJ and I know you know that. The reason Reid got fired was because he has replaced bad OC/DC with worse. I dont know if you saw any Oregon games this year, but if you did I know you saw how explosive that O was (and has been). I like it. That wont help our D out at all(as far as allowing points to be scored), but a D minded DC will.
Oh, yes, our O is a problem. There is no reason we shouldnt have been putting points on the board like Seattle. 50-60 pts a game. But we werent. There are plenty of issues with the O and I would say that is a problem. Kelly is smart, very smart. He can fix those problems and get the O scoring 50-60 pts a game. I guess, in a sense, that would help our D if they are "only" only giving up 30 pts a game.

#11 boscobird

boscobird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I am so glad Kelly is going back to Oregon. The idea of the Eagles bringing a HC with no NFL experience was a scary thought. GO BIRDS