[Spadaro] Sitting And Waiting, Just Like You

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
113 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,524 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Breaking news! Isn't that the world in which we live now? If you've missed a minute of Twitter and text messaging, you've missed a lot. To update you on the Eagles' coaching search, this is what I know ...

View the full article

#2 jonlaiter

jonlaiter

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

There is no mention of Gus Bradley.  Is he no longer on the mix?  He was my favorite candidate.

#3 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,862 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Just the 2 of us.

#4 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • 38,524 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Bradley added. My mistake. Thanks, Jon

#5 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Bradley > Kelly tbh. Kelly is just toying and wasting time.

#6 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'd like either Mike Mccoy or gus Bradley be happy with either

#7 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Although not on the radar, I'd love to get Lovie Smith has a head coach.  Our offense isn't too far away and could be handed over to a qualified OC.  Lovie Smith would do an excellent job rebuilding a putrid defense that needs a complete overhaul, with very few exceptions.

#8 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I just want a tough nosed no nonsense coach that will bring discipline back to the Iggles and who knows how to draft football players, not athletes.  He needs to know how to surround himself with top of the line assistants who love the game, are great teachers and know how to exploit other teams weaknesses as well as play to their own players strengths.  Thinking either Bradley or McCoy might be that guy.  Who knows, maybe even Jay Gruden.  I just want to see that nasty reputation come back for the Iggles.  I want teams to look at their schedule and cringe when they see the Iggles on their schedule.  Whomever they hire that's what I wish for.

#9 ddt73

ddt73

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

One thing to learn from the early days of searching for a coach don't believe everything you read. If that was the case Reid would be in AZ and Kelly would be in Cleveland.

#10 ryguy552

ryguy552

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postdisgustedfan25, on 06 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I just want a tough nosed no nonsense coach that will bring discipline back to the Iggles and who knows how to draft football players, not athletes.  He needs to know how to surround himself with top of the line assistants who love the game, are great teachers and know how to exploit other teams weaknesses as well as play to their own players strengths.  Thinking either Bradley or McCoy might be that guy.  Who knows, maybe even Jay Gruden.  I just want to see that nasty reputation come back for the Iggles.  I want teams to look at their schedule and cringe when they see the Iggles on their schedule.  Whomever they hire that's what I wish for.

Sounds like Gus Bradley to a tee. Not that impressed with Jay Gruden. Wouldn't mind McCoy either.

#11 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

I just read a report that the Eagles are using Vick as a major selling point to Chip Kelly.  Is this organization completely blind to the fan base?  There is still a very strong % of Eagles fans that don't support or like the team right now because that felon is on the team (I personally think Vick is a scumbag but still root for the Eagles despite him).  The Eagles not only have an on-field performance issue but an image issue with its fan base.  Getting rid of Vick after Reid would allow 100% of the fan base to get back on board moving forward.  Keeping Vick still keeps half the baggage that has weighed down the fan base for the last 3 years.  The front office has to be smarter than that.

#12 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

My man, Wilbert Montgomery (favorite all time Eagle player) coaching up his Raven RBs. I don't really like the Ravens but happy for Montgomery's success as a coach.
By the way, BG and Jwood, not one of us want Kelly but it appears the Eagles sure do. They better keep Vick and find another "like" QB to play Kelly's O. Foles then becomes a wasted pick. You both know I'm not a huge Foles fan, but I think he is "serviceable" and would be a quality backup. Not with Chip Kelly as coach though.
I would trade the ENTIRE defense for Andrew Luck. Think the Colts would take it? Hell, I'd throw in Foles and Vick! haHa.

#13 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm personally excited about building a conventional offense around Foles next year.  The Eagles are too far away to compete next year, especially on D, and have many holes to fill.  I'd fill as many holes this year in the draft and go with Foles.  Either he works out and we have our QB going forward, or he bombs and we draft a QB next year with a high pick.  2013 is a rebuilding year anyway so just give the kid a shot.  Its a no-lose situation.  We have to move on from Vick.  You can't rebuild with a washed up, injury prone 33 year-old felon.

#14 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

McCoy, Bradley, or Arians, I don't Kelly is the way to go.we need an  NFL coach

#15 ackid38

ackid38

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,348 posts
  • Fan Since:69

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Not for 1 minute do i consider the Eagles as a rebuilding team.We have good talent on this team that just needs to get coached up..yes we are missing a few pieces.So is every team in the NFL...Even whom ever wins the SB.If not your team never loses.....we have all the talent a new coach could want....its all about play calling and the players buying into the scheme of things.I think we are a good enough team right now to win the NFC east the last 2 years...Injuries,depth,and coaching has been the problem over last last few years...And The Vick signing was probably the worse thing the Eagles ever done.I still believe it was the reason Foles didnt win any games...The O was built for VICK..and the D just stunk.New coach,new scheme and a couple new pieces(and a few leaving)We will be just fine.GO EAGLES

#16 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Like Bradley out of them all I think

#17 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I agree we but we need some leaders to step up and a coach to get them to play hard as a team

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

"J.L., listen to me. I have got a guy here in Tampa that is one of, if not, the finest football coaches I have ever worked with. He's an A-plus. He's a once-in-a-lifetime coach. You need to talk to him." Monte Kiffen talking to Jim Mora Jr. about gus Bradley.

When you have a vetern coach like Kiffen giving praise to Bradley I think he needs to be one of are top targets I think he will be a very good HC in the NFL

#19 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Would not pick a coach without interviewing Zimmer or Fangio as well. We waited this long!!!!!

#20 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

BG...Heard Bradley is awesome at interviews.  Hopefully he blows the Lawfirm away.  Think his toughness is exactly what this roster needs.  If any players aren't on board with his toughness they can show themselves to the door.  You're either in or your out.  Let's bring back that mystique that every team used to talk about when it came to the toughness of the Eagles!

#21 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

BG...Did you read report about RGIII and Dr. James Andrews?  Apparently he never had the chance to ok RGIII to go back in against Ravens when he initially got hurt.  And Shanahan overruled him to put RGIII back in against us.  Apparently Dr. Andrews is still very uncomfortable with RGIII playing right now.  "Holding his breath" says Andrews.  Very interesting...

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Disgusted...yes i saw the report about Rg3 it's his body just hope he doesn't get seriously hurt becuase of him not listening.

#23 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostBleedingGreen93, on 06 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Disgusted...yes i saw the report about Rg3 it's his body just hope he doesn't get seriously hurt becuase of him not listening.

Hopefully he knows he body well.  Good luck to him.  Seahawks are gonna be gunning for him

#24 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Oh man.  Just read this report.  Vick was serious too.  Geez...

http://www.phillymag...lly-connection/

#25 eagle289

eagle289

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Anyone but Kelly, Ask David Shaw of Stanford who won the PAC 10,12, 15, 16 whatever, how awesome was the Ducks against his team, if Kelly is not an upgrade over Reid, Arians, Bradley or McCoy, he gets the nod am out of here, GO Ravens

#26 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Gotta say this option scheme is possibly the future of NFL.. Looking at the Skins eat up n confuse the Seahawks D with ease maybe Chip might not be a bad choice for HC and his fast tempo play

#27 Snorpus Blart

Snorpus Blart

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Team:Jaguars
  • Fan Since:SHUT UP

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

***BREAKING NEWS*****

According to multiple sources,....Eagles agree to a multi-year contract with Oregon Coach Chip Kelly !!!!

Marty Morningwood WILL be retained as "Offensive Assistant" !!!!!!!!!!!

#28 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

What!!! Were doomed forever!!! Snorpus please tell me your lying

#29 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hope that's not true!

#30 r. shackleford

r. shackleford

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Now that Mr. Kelly is our new Coach, you can be pretty sure that that Michael Vick is going to stay an Eagles for a little while longer.

!YES!.

Thanks for bringing the good news, Mr. Blart.