Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

I Hate Pete Carroll ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 FanSinceWayBack

FanSinceWayBack

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

... but I love how he coaches his team. When had AR every shown emotion? Pete Carroll is just as excited as his players ( 1st road playoff win since 83' ). Walking up the sideline to greet his defense and hugging and shaking hands to each and every 1 of them. I like that in a coach. It shows he cares, not only about the game, but his players as well.

I hope that is a quality of our next head coach.

#2 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

His players play hard for him because they love/respect him. Same thing with the Harbaughs. I would love that youthful type of coach. I feel like this team (full of young guys) would respond better to that style of coaching as opposed to some old fart.

#3 eaglefly1

eaglefly1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

His players play hard for him because they love/respect him. Same thing with the Harbaughs. I would love that youthful type of coach. I feel like this team (full of young guys) would respond better to that style of coaching as opposed to some old fart.

Then Gus Bradley or Darrell Bevell are your guys!

#4 jxhend4

jxhend4

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts
  • Fan Since:Long time

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Come talk to us when Pete's resume matches or exceeds Andy's. Just remember....there was once a passionate coach in AZ quoted as saying..."then crown they a55!" Passion isn't everything....

#5 Nitro276

Nitro276

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I cannot stand Pete Carroll. I think he is a weasel. BUT, that Gus Bradley and his defense's league low 15.3 points allowed per game....we need that!

#6 PickFoles

PickFoles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Pete Carroll is a slimy piece of **** of who would do anything to win, including cheating.

That's not the kind of coach I want.

#7 Lancelot Gobbo

Lancelot Gobbo

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Fan Since:Tet

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

wasn't Carroll one of the college coaches you TATERS said would fail in the NFL?

#8 FanSinceWayBack

FanSinceWayBack

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I cannot stand Pete Carroll. I think he is a weasel. BUT, that Gus Bradley and his defense's league low 15.3 points allowed per game....we need that!

Pete Carroll is a slimy piece of **** of who would do anything to win, including cheating.

Hence the title! It was flat out wrong what he did at USC then bailed. Im talking simply from the aspect of his emotion towards the game and his players.

"I Want out next HC to be a cheater" Dont be an idiot, Oh wait it was Pick Foles... nvm continue being normal.

Come talk to us when Pete's resume matches or exceeds Andy's. Just remember....there was once a passionate coach in AZ quoted as saying..."then crown they a55!" Passion isn't everything....

Theres a fine line between passion and ignorance. SEA has just as good chance as anyone to represent the NFC in the SB. I also think the SB winner will be an NFC team.

#9 RepPhilly

RepPhilly

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

... but I love how he coaches his team. When had AR every shown emotion? Pete Carroll is just as excited as his players ( 1st road playoff win since 83' ). Walking up the sideline to greet his defense and hugging and shaking hands to each and every 1 of them. I like that in a coach. It shows he cares, not only about the game, but his players as well.

AR can never show emotion because he'd probably get too tired. He's not exactly in great physical shape.

#10 Passepartout

Passepartout

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,883 posts
  • Team:Redskins
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Yeah as PC does show emotion despite being at times a pain in the butt!

#11 jrsu37

jrsu37

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,977 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

wasn't Carroll one of the college coaches you TATERS said would fail in the NFL?

Pretty sure he did fail in the NFL...This is his second stint in the NFL.

#12 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,752 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yeah he failed with the Pats.

#13 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,897 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Pete Carroll is 61 years old. who would have guessed, right?

#14 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,172 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Herm Edwards is one of the most passionate coaches, one of the great motivators of the game. I agree with Carroll but he has the right players that buy into his system and passion so works. Andy, better resume or not, clearly didn't have those players. He has gained a lot of respect from his guys over the years but clearly not the past two seasons. You have a energetic, rah rah coach like Carroll and then you have a grumpy bums like Belichick and Coughlin. Coughlin is the total opposite of Carroll. He's a drill sargent, a guy not every player likes but many end up respecting.

#15 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Team:49ers
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

If Carroll would get into the habit of crying, he'd be a lot like D Vermeil.

#16 Philly5

Philly5

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

3rd stint. he failed with Jets and New England. this is his 3rd head coaching job.

#17 Mile High

Mile High

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Team:Broncos

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

I thought he was an idiot when they signed matt flynn but decided to let Russell Wilson start at QB. Shows us why hes making big bucks and were on message boards

3rd stint. he failed with Jets and New England. this is his 3rd head coaching job.

3rd times a charm

#18 Utebird

Utebird

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,022 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

yes because so many players disrespect reid and he doesnt really care about any of his players because he wasnt hugging them on camera, how many players you heard talk poorly abouts reids character? they may question his football decisions but none of them ever questioned him as a man. your looking for a players coach to coach the eagles should have kept reid cyz the majority of his players love him, hired hands like Asomuguah dont care because they have no reason to, other than guys like ASo or babin name a player during reids 14 year tenure that ever questioned his ethics or whether he cared about them as people?

#19 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I think hes been a great HC this time around in the NFL IMO.

Can you honestly name 3 players on the Seahawks roster thats not named Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas??

I thought they have/had a crap roster this season and yet here they are 2 wins away from a SuperBowl berth while our all-star loade roster finished the season 4-12 and is watching the playoffs. Carroll has took chances on some questionalbe players, espically some of his 1st round picks, yet they are all paying off.

Whatever hes doing, hes doing it right and thats all that counts in the NFL

There is NO MORAL in the NFL.. Its win or get lost like it is in college

#20 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think hes been a great HC this time around in the NFL IMO.

Can you honestly name 3 players on the Seahawks roster thats not named Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas??

I thought they have/had a crap roster this season and yet here they are 2 wins away from a SuperBowl berth while our all-star loade roster finished the season 4-12 and is watching the playoffs. Carroll has took chances on some questionalbe players, espically some of his 1st round picks, yet they are all paying off.

Whatever hes doing, hes doing it right and thats all that counts in the NFL

There is NO MORAL in the NFL.. Its win or get lost like it is in college

I can :-) Richard Sherman, Marcus Trufant, Bruce Irvin. I'll even throw in a Zach Miller, Sydney Rice, Golden Tate, Matt Flynn, Leon Washington, Chris Clemons. Not giving myself credit here though, I'd expect a lot of people to know those particular players. Even if you're not a Hawks fan.

#21 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Their secondary is really good. Sherman, Browner, Trufant, Chancellor and thomas. Plus Wagner and irvin have played well this year. Clemons and Red Bryant are beasts too.
The offense on the other hand...not so much

#22 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Their secondary is really good. Sherman, Browner, Trufant, Chancellor and thomas. Plus Wagner and irvin have played well this year. Clemons and Red Bryant are beasts too.
The offense on the other hand...not so much

Their offense is not good? :huh: their offense is VERY good...

#23 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Their offense is not good? :huh: their offense is VERY good...

I meant pre wilson sorry should have clarified. Was responding to the person above who said players other than wilson/lynch (and their WR are nothing to write home about)

#24 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I meant pre wilson sorry should have clarified

Cool

#25 jrsu37

jrsu37

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,977 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I meant as in 2nd stint in the NFL...He went to the Pats directly after the Jets I think...Then college, then Seattle.

Meh...Semantics. Whatevz...He failed once.

#26 Procus

Procus

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,170 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 70's

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

why not? wouldn't you want the HC to be a sleazy winner instead of a clean loser?

#27 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

why not? wouldn't you want the HC to be a sleazy winner instead of a clean loser?

This is the EMB. Where everyone is a moralist and nitpicks (nick picks :roll:) the character flaws of people on 31 other teams while ignoring our own.

#28 stang8118

stang8118

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

This is the EMB. Where everyone is a moralist and nitpicks (nick picks :roll:) the character flaws of people on 31 other teams while ignoring our own.

Eagles fans have no problem ripping Mike Vick a new one every chance we get, but it's cowards like you that are surgically attached to his wiener.

#29 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Eagles fans have no problem ripping Mike Vick a new one every chance we get, but it's cowards like you that are surgically attached to his wiener.

We're not doing this here.

And my issue is that Eagles fans point out character flaws on people from other teams while acting like our roster is full of model citizens. I'm sure Kurt Coleman picking fights, Desean Jackson taunting opposing coaches like a punk and Casey Matthews petitioning for a new coach can constitue as role model behavior.

#30 stang8118

stang8118

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

We're not doing this here.

And my issue is that Eagles fans point out character flaws on people from other teams while acting like our roster is full of model citizens. I'm sure Kurt Coleman picking fights, Desean Jackson taunting opposing coaches like a punk and Casey Matthews petitioning for a new coach can constitue as role model behavior.

What the hell are you talking about? Fans hate Coleman cause he acts so tough, but doesn't have the game to back it up. Djax was RIPPED all of 2011 for the stupid crap he was doing. No idea what you're talking about because frankly TATE hates their own players more than probably the Dallas Cowboys.