Photo

[Spadaro] Eagles Moving Forward On Search

This topic is in the process of being archived.
268 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,775 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

The twists and turns in the Eagles' coaching search continue as the team gets ready for an important week of interviews and, potentially, decision making to narrow the answer for the 21st head coach in franchise history ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Thanks Chip for returning to Oregon

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I feel like Kelly had no intention to come to the NFL but was just using the interest the NFL had in him to get a raise from Oregon which he got.
That said I hope the Eagles make a strong push for either Mike Mccoy or Gus Bradley I think they are 2 of the top young coaches in the NFL today and both will make fine HC.
Also little surprised not see Mike Zimmer's name in the HC talk he has been nothing but a great DC no matter where he has coached

#4 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN TO BE OUR NEW COACH! MAKE IT A WINNER BABY! FIRST!

nope too slow lol

#5 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

BG, amen brother! Thank you chip for staying at Oregon. Whew!

#6 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I still wouldn't mind McCoy but who knows at this point.

Just so happy Chipy's out of the picture!!!!

#7 Redouane Hafidi

Redouane Hafidi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I don't understand why Marty and Bobby are still with the team!!! After watching Seahawks D today..I realized how much far behind we are..what can you do? You gotta trust Lurie and company!!!!
BLEED GREEN!!!!!!!GO EAGLES!

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Today was pretty good day Chip isn't going to be Eagles new HC, Seattle beat the Skins and knocked them out of the playoffs, Ray Lewis did his last dance today and the Ravens honored that with a win and are moving on in the Playoffs

#9 TenaciousEagles

TenaciousEagles

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

"-- and nobody in the Eagles' camp seems all that disappointed that Kelly is to remain at Oregon."

You really can't make this stuff up, I have never seen a franchise in professional sports that spins as much as these clowns do.

#10 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

BG93, As a football fan It would be cool if the Ravens win the Super Bowl for Ray.It was great when the fans got him to come out at the end in the victory formation for his last home game.

#11 RL_Shawdee

RL_Shawdee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

IThink Eagles Should Go With This Situation,,

Gus Bradley Or Lovie Smith (DC)
1st Round,,Luke Joeckel (LT) (TexasA&M)
2nd Round,,Eric Reid (FS) (LSU)
3rd Round,,Khaseem Greene(OLB)(Rutgers)
4th Round,,Tyrann Matthuei(LSU)
5th Round,,ASolid QB To Back Up Nick & Maybe Vick,,
& So On With The Draft
Then Eventually Sign
LaRon Landry(SS),,To Help With Run Support And Him An The Other (LSU) DB's Will Have Some Type Of Chemistry 2Geva,,
Then Start Riley Cooper At 2nd WR(A Bigger Receiver)
And Keep Jeremy Maclin As The 1st WR
Then Use DJack In The Slot Match Him Up Against Slower Safties,LB'sAndCorners,,
Which Will Wear Them Down Once We Put Shady And Bryce On Em',, (Thats My Solution)

#12 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Oh my, BleedingGreen93 is on an offensive run... #44 (hello Hank Aaron) is in the books...You cannot get a Spadaro fastball past this guy...

I'm somewhat relieved that Chip Kelly is out of the picture...yet I long for some clarity, some certainty of future direction for this team...I was so desperate for leadership that I was willing to swallow a Chip Kelly hire. Now what?

Sure makes me nostalgic for the old days when you could count on the continuity of your coaching staff. But those days are long gone...

Onward through the fog...

Free Brizer.

#13 Birdflipper

Birdflipper

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

I like the idea of Gus Bradley as long as we can manage an OC that favors ball-control so that Defense can have time to rest. Fast "Three and Outs" burn down a Defense and can act like quicksand on morale. Lost in how good Seattle is, are the facts that they are DEAD LAST in passing attempts and FIRST in rushing attempts.

A solid Defense plus McCoy and Brown making like Lynch and Turbin? With more talent on the outside and at TE?? We don't have a Russell Wilson, but we do have some decent options at QB, if Vick leaves. If Vick stays then it's back to him in Atlanta with Warrick Dunn and T.J.Duckett.

Get a Defensive HC and a ball-control Offense.

#14 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, Bird Flipper, you making a lot of sense...good post!

#15 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

shawdee - good ideas all around. the only change i'd make to your list is that i would chose matt elam instead of reed. I'd love to get greene as well.

#16 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Not a Kelly fan. Maybe now we can move on to some serious selections.

#17 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

hey birdflipper - as far as TEs go, what do you think about that kid from U of Washington sefferian-jenkins. theres a possibility of him declaring next year.

Kid is 6'6, 260. I think he would add a great over the middle and RZ target to our offense.

#18 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Happy that Kelly is going back to Oregon. Let's keep moving. No Jay Gruden or Bruce Arians. Bradley or McCoy would be nice hires with strong coordinators on the staff.

#19 r. shackleford

r. shackleford

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

it is too bad about Chip Kelly. I really think that he would have let Michael Vick stay as an Eagles player. I'm not sure any other coach is going to do that.

Is Mr. Bri still not allowed here? What is wrong with you people?

#20 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Although I think that Gus Bradley would be a good selection, I also think that we should interview Mike Zimmer from the Bengals.He has been a good defensive Cord. since 2000. Might as well interview Vic Fangio from the 49ers as well before making a decision. Notice the theme to my interviews? All good defensive coordinators! Ha

#21 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

Makes me want Bradley all that much more...

http://mobile.philly...es&id=185827031

#22 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Lurie said he has his list. His hopefuls. After meeting Chip for so long, I guess we know who was on top of that list. Somebody wasted somebodies time during that meeting that's for sure.

I wonder if they were(are) waiting to interview the coaches this week the ones they weren't allowed to interview last week. The list of candidates so far aren't that impressive. I like that idea of the Cinci DC.

Keep Vick??? Really? I vote that post the worst post of 2013. Have you learned nothing in 2 years? Let me guess, you want Reggie Brown back at WR and Mathews back starting on defense. Ugh.

#23 CheeseSteakwillybob

CheeseSteakwillybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Jon Gruden is in the mind of Jeff Lurie....Just trying to figure out what its gonna take$$$$$ to get him here and what kind of control he will want.. I say give Jon what he wants and tell Howie take a backseat .

#24 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

So really nothing has happened yet in this search other then that Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien are both staying in college, I really believe those 2 were our top 2 targets and they were both longshots with their ties to college game and buyout etc..... So we interviewed Armstrong and Nolan and lets be honest Armstrong was a Rooney rule interview and Nolan was never getting the job in the first place. McCoy was one I was hoping blew the suits away in an interview but obviously he did not. So we keep moving. Arains is an awful candidate. Bradley we think would be a nice hire based on how his defense plays and that he is a firey guy with some real emotion which is nice. I know it's early on in the process but Lurie if it feels you have your guy hire him and don't let him get away, because if you "leave no stone unturned" and interview everyone and their brother just to be dilligent you might lose out on a good head coach.

#25 Drigh13

Drigh13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

We do not want EITHER Gruden. I've lived in Orlando for over a decade, and I got an up-close and personal look at how badly Jon Gruden killed a powerhouse Bucs organization that Dungy built. And I got to watch Jay underachieve and ultimately destroy the (Arena League) Predators year after year as their head coach when they were a powerhouse for so long. Trust me... neither Gruden is an answer to our prayers to take us to Lombardi land for shots and beers.

#26 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Andy's gonna get even fatter in KC with all that delicious BBQ ribs and beef brisket...

#27 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

we knew chip kelly wasnt the right choice. what qb were we going to run his spread offense with?? def not vick cause of his contract, age and turnovers, & def not foles do to the type of qb he is.

the eagles need to stop looking to copy other failing teams gimmick styles that arent really successful. they say its a copy cat league..which it is, but the successful teams do it one way which is being solid passing the ball and running when u need to to move the ball and sustain drives. coping wildcat, wide 9 and spread offenses are all gimmick crap. lets look at all the nfl champs ...have any won the super bowl or even got there with read options/spread offense, wildcat, or sticking soley with a wide 9?

#28 EaglesinMT

EaglesinMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'm glad Philly's FO doesn't just "jump" on the big names. I want them to do their homework and find the right guy. I remember saying "Who the heck is Andy Reid?" and look what happened with the Eagles. I just hope the FO brain trust finds the right guy.

#29 odin8888

odin8888

Yo, Tsup?

• Members
  • 21,434 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Gus or McCoy, make it happen already!

#30 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

GUS BRADLEY.....this defense is attrocious and needs a complete makeover. A change in philosiphy, mentality and size of their players....did you see Seattle yesterday? We already have a good offense (as long as we have a competant OC who employs the run)...it's the DEFENSE that's record setting bad. The young, bright, innovative, risk taking, brilliant mind doesn't have to be on the offensive side of the ball you know.