Photo

[News] Cole Looks To Rebound In 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,790 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

The Eagles’ 2012 season is one fans are eager to forget. And while Philadelphia may be able to move on in time, the sting of a 4-12 campaign won’t lessen any time soon for the players. And that’s p...

View the full article

#2 Nest_of_Death

Nest_of_Death

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

'After a down season, expect Cole to regain his rightful place among the best defenders in the league next year.'

Really? what about this 4 - 12 season makes anyone think the players will 'come to play' next year? We were feed the same line of garbage last year when the team went 8-8 and won the last 4 in a row, only to be told that 'this was a hungry bunch'. I personally am not going to by any trash you are dishing out. I will listen for news about the team and hold judgement of this team starting in September.

#3 Nest_of_Death

Nest_of_Death

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Talk is cheap, and over the past 3 years I have heard alot of talkin' and not much doin' .... I hope the next coach can light a fire under the butts of this waste of talent team and if not cut them. I not only want guys that can play as a team, not a bunch of individuals but also more importantly want guys with a fire to win and a burning passion for the team, city, and fans. I go on Twitter and follow some of the players and I honestly can't believe most of these are older than me (i'm 22) and act like a bunch of children not being focused and not showing concern. If I did that at my job I would be GONE, no questions asked.

#4 eaglespheak

eaglespheak

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Fan Since:70s

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

must do better than 12 season....come on

#5 Moe Greene

Moe Greene

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,254 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Nest, as a 41 year old, it always makes me chuckle to hear a 22 year old be fed up waiting for the birds to bring home the lombardi. I'm starting to wonder if I'll live to see it. LOL but you gotta keep looking forward, regardless. new coach, new era.

eaglespheak you're missing an r...and any concept of how to formulate a sentence

#6 cheeese

cheeese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think it's clear that Cole's dismal stats were not really his fault as he was forced to play in a stupid gimmicky wide 9 that obviously did not work this year. Once the wide 9 was eliminated the defensive ends starting getting to the qb much more... maybe not Cole because it happened too late in the season for him to turn it around but I have no doubts that with a normal defensive scheme he will return to elite form.

#7 flyerdog

flyerdog

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

wow, the "looking to rebound" stories don't usually surface until training camp...we're starting early this year!!

#8 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

How bout when we improve our secondary that could HELP

#9 odin8888

odin8888

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,447 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

What I take from this....

"It takes a team to win a ball game," Cole said. "Individually, you have to do what you have to do, and you have to come together as a team. You can%u2019t go into the game and have turnovers and make mistakes. That%u2019s what will make you lose a ball game."

Sum it up ....the defense didnt carry its weight, and the offense is blamed... Not a good start to moving forward. How about takeaways? Sacks? recover fumbles??? those are things the defense can do something about. Let the offense do what they need to do and not having Vicks & Bryce Brown turnovers will help A LOT!!!

#10 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Everyone turned the ball over, you just said the defense didn't hold its weight and in the next phrase you blame only two offensive players for turnovers, when Maclin, Foles, Jackson, Celek all had turnovers. What a hypocrite!

#11 dcsniderjr20

dcsniderjr20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Defense needs some improvement. To many people giving up on plays. Offense looked good minus the turnovers. Have to keep everyone healthy this year and do a way better job protecting the quarterback this year.