[News] Eagles To Interview Jay Gruden

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,749 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

The Eagles have been granted permission by the Cincinnati Bengals to interview offensive coordinator Jay Gruden for the vacant head coaching position.

View the full article

#2 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Gus Bradley would be my first choice as HC of this football team but I wonder what kind of staff and what kind of connections he has in the NFL to bring a really good staff with him. Like Bradley but if he is hired he better bring some good people along with him. I feel like Jay Gruden could have some connections in the NFL with his brother as help. Think of this Jay gets the HC job talks Jon into coming out of the booth and helping his little bro out and being his OC, then supposed he has a good relationship with Mike Zimmer and brings him along as his DC.. Now we have something going.. Just a thought. .. Have a feeling this process is far from over.

#3 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I don't see why he would leave the bengals, they have a Qb and a WR. We don't have either of those

#4 ryguy552

ryguy552

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,949 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostKmarcelli, on 07 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Gus Bradley would be my first choice as HC of this football team but I wonder what kind of staff and what kind of connections he has in the NFL to bring a really good staff with him. Like Bradley but if he is hired he better bring some good people along with him. I feel like Jay Gruden could have some connections in the NFL with his brother as help. Think of this Jay gets the HC job talks Jon into coming out of the booth and helping his little bro out and being his OC, then supposed he has a good relationship with Mike Zimmer and brings him along as his DC.. Now we have something going.. Just a thought. .. Have a feeling this process is far from over.

This is key. I don't know how much pull Mike McCoy has around the league, but I would think Jay Gruden could assemble a better staff with the connections he has with his brother, and some good names on the Bengals staff. I think I read he would bring in the linebackers coach from over their Guinther who's worked under Zimmer to potentially be his DC. Wouldn't mind Jay honestly.

#5 waitin 4 a ring

waitin 4 a ring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I rather have jon gruden at least he has a track record as a coach I never even new he had a brother that was a coach . need to find someone that can get are defense back to being a** kickers,and get an offense line that can protect whatever qb we have instead of watchin qb after qb get drill to the ground can't run a offense like that!

#6 scott001

scott001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Lurie ... Call Jon up not Jay. You%u2019re really blowing it. Here is a man who wants and knows how to coach this team. Wake up. Call him now and put an end to this pathetic madness.  It%u2019s what the fans want. Throw us a bone for once.

Lurie ... Call Jon up not Jay. You are really blowing it. Here is a man who wants and knows how to coach this team. Wake up. Call him now and put an end to this pathetic madness.  It is what the fans want. Throw us a bone for once.

#7 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Then only madness is in you're head man.We have to wait for Bradley to finish

#8 BtotheH

BtotheH

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Dang, Seattle is going to let us interview Gus Bradley "later this week" when they have a road game in ATL? Surprising.

#9 Begging for SB

Begging for SB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

According to Bleacher Report, Jaws indicates big brother Jon Gruden would be very interested in the Eagles and Jon is reaching out to the team.   Lurie and Howie - are you listening? Stop this madness as Kelly and Obrien have retreated and Marrone has moved on.   Otherwise, even more of your your season ticket fanbase will walk.

#10 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I would rather have a Defensive minded HC this time around.  Bradley has turned the Seahawks D completely around and would get rid of the under-achievers/over-rated players this team has held onto for far too long.   Bradley would be my first and last choice period.  If he decided to stay then look at L. Smith/ or Jon Gruden.  Lurie please DO NOT hire McCoy....benfits from Manning led offense.

#11 deserteaglesfan

deserteaglesfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I am stationed near Seattle, Washington and have seen first-hand what Gus Bradley has done with the Seahawks defense. He could turn our D into the butt-kicking defense we haven't had since J.J. and I would rather have Bradley as HC, BUT McCoy did somehow turn a Tim Tebow led offense into a Wildcard winner against the Steelers last year, so you have to give the guy credit that he can take whatever personnel he has and adapt his gameplan to them, something Reid couldn't do.