[News] Cox, Boykin On ESPN's Breakout List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,504 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Last week, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox was named to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.’s All-Rookie Team. This week, Kiper is back with more praise for two young Eagles. On Monday, Kiper introduced...

View the full article

#2 duckhunter

duckhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Congrats to Fletcher and Brandon.  Also, congrats to Colt Anderson and Evan Mathis for making the first team for the CBS Sports 2012 NFL All Pro team.  This announcement was released last week - haven't seen any acknowledgement from the team.  Given that no one from the team made the Pro Bowl and only these two made CBS Sports 2012 All Pro team, I would have expected some team excitement despite all the hype about finding a new HC.

#3 DKC2003

DKC2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Mel didn't mention that Boykin got beat several times by bigger receivers and TEs. He may be fearless but that won't add 6 inches and 40 pounds to his stature. I think we should have kept Hanson.

#4 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Rosemans first draft without Banner, looks pretty good thus far.

#5 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hapipens too Rookies, problem is oached team.when it is happening to over paid so called all pro guys, like Nnamdi. Like Foles, Boykin had some bad plays. Rookie mistakes, poor coaching etc. Gotta remember the were rookies on a poorly coached team. Hanson went to the Lions. Didn't see him do crap. Matter of fact can't remember seeing him on the field.

#6 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Both Boyking and Cox were rookies that as the year went along got better.  There is a big jump from the college to the pros and I believe both will be starter for this team this season.  There is going to be alot of player turnover on both sides of the football.  Expect some veteran cuts and possibly some value style trades.  The culture of eagles football needs to change and this is the perfect time to jump start that.  Expect most coaches to be fired once we sign BRADLEY as our next HC.

#7 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

phillykeene....  Jeffrey lurie said exactly the opposite a few days ago. He claims to believe in continuity, and building the team core from the vets on the roster and from the draft, which was a paraphrase of a direct statement he made a few days ago. Im not arguning. Im just saying dont get your hopes up for signings or trades as much as I think you are because thats not the direction lurie said he wanted to go in

#8 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

eaglesny1   hanson went to oakland my man.. no wonder why you didnt see him do much on the lions. He had a starting job in oakland and a very solid season, but at this point boykins overall upside is better than hansons current ability