Photo

[News] Eagles To Interview Lovie Smith

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,187 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Add another name to the list of candidates who will interview with the Eagles for the team's head coaching position. The team announced that it will be meeting with former Chicago Bears head coach ...

View the full article

#2 crabman957

crabman957

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Please.....get a dam coach, this fool can't make a decision. He's the one that was in love with Cutler, he'd probably keep Vick......we could be still doomed

#3 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Maybe Gus wil look at him for an assistant

#4 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I fear once Kelly and BOB were off the board, they lost their two top candidates.... and are now scrambling. Interviewing everyone just gives an appearance that they do not know what they want or like. It really looks like they do not have a clue.

Now that may just be perception, but if I had my list of guys, and I had an opening, I would not be waiting for other teams to scoop up my top guys. I'd be aggressive in getting what I want.

Thats why I guess they lost what they wanted.... and we didn't have a plan B

#5 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

if the eagles sign lovie smith im becoming a panther fan. why would we waste our time with this joke of a coach who had no offense whatsoever throught his tenure, and defense provided only by urlacher, and briggs. The have no defensive line whatsoever or offensive line for that matter, and that is not eagles football

#6 scott001

scott001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

What about Jon Gruden? He is the best coach out there and the Eagles are gone to screw this up too. It is like watch a train wreck. Remember how good he was at picking coaches before Andy Reid. Exactly! Not so good. Go for the sure thing with Jon! Make the call. Set it up. Get it done.

#7 scott001

scott001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

If they don't even interview Jon Gruden then Lurie is not serious in finding the best coach for the job. Which is another poke in the eyes for us fans.

#8 cheeese

cheeese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Scott001, Gruden has to WANT to be a coach moron. He has not shown any interest in returning to coaching football and is obviously happy making millions as a MNF guy. The eagles can't interview someone that doesn't want the job you ****.

#9 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I will wait to do my complaining. There is lots of time for that. Patience is a virtue fans.

#10 lovedbirds

lovedbirds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

All you Andy haters, hope your happy. You just played into the hands of the media.
Lovie? And that's an upgrade.
Could it be the top coaching talent just doesn't want to be in Philly?

#11 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Not Lovie. He is emotionless, a corpse on the sideline. This lack of emotion will annoy Eagle fans to death. I am bored just thinking about it.

#12 lovedbirds

lovedbirds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

It really looks like we don't have a clue.
In an NFL that's going all ofense and throw happy we want a defensive minded coach?
Do we know what we want?

#13 lovedbirds

lovedbirds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'll answer my own question NO WE DON'T KNOW.
We just wanted Andy gone because the media wanted him gone. They put pressure on on the Eagles management.

#14 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

No, I wanted Reid gone because it was clear his time in Philly was over, he became stale like 2 year old bread.

#15 Begging for SB

Begging for SB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Cheeese, beg to differ with your comment. If you look at latest Bleacher report, Jon Gruden is in fact interested in interviewiing with the Eagles according to Jaws. Unfortunately, the Eagles have not reached out to Jon - so damn frustrating. As the better qualified candidates are drying up or retreating, Jon Gruden would be the best choice right now. Come on Lurie.

#16 camasbud

camasbud

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Please no.
Anyone but Lovie. Juan would make a better head coach. Howie would make a better head coach. A 12 year old girls soccer coach would be better than Lovie.

#17 cheeese

cheeese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

I like gruden for head coach like everyone else, but just because reports says gruden might be interested doesn't really tell the whole story. Why hasn't a single nfl team interviewed him yet? I just think there is more to the story that is not being said, mainly being that gruden doesn't really want to coach again. He has an agent, and if he wanted to coach he would be doing interviews somewhere.

#18 CheeseSteakwillybob

CheeseSteakwillybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

This franchise could not ask for a better owner.. I believe Jeff Lurie wants the best of the best..Hopefully enough of us fan comments will get the motor running....JEFF REACH OUT TO JON GRUDEN...get the deal done man...

#19 jamesconnrules

jamesconnrules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

gus bradley dc nick saben as coach he is leaving alabama guys

#20 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Lovie is Andy Reid's smaller cousin. Instead of taking a step forward...it would be a smaller step back.

#21 cubby47

cubby47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Unbelievable how you guys just don't get it. Lovie Smith makes top 5 defenses. That's what he does. Imagine the Eagles O line with no injuries, and a Lovie Smith defense. Best candidate they'll have interviewed so far. He went 10-6 this year. 10-6. Not the 4-12 Andy disgrace. He coached his team to a Superbowl more recently than the Eagles have been there. I have faith in Howie Roseman, he's done a good job drafting this past year, and with Lovie, and a competent OC, I think we'll be back to contenders sooner rather than later.

#22 scott001

scott001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ray Rhodes use to make some good defenses too. But Defensive head coaches need good to great OC to make them win. And, it they are good, another team will snatch them up as a head coach. We need an Offensive head coach here.

#23 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I told ppl here last week lovie smith would be a good choice for alot of reasons...not saying they will sign him, but he knows how to utilize rb in all aspects, will look for a big wr, and knows how to build a defense. Bears down fall was cutler, and the left tackle

#24 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Lovie has never had a good offensive coordinator. Every Bears offense he has coached has been way below average, I don't see how Lovie makes the team better, defense may improve but the offense will not get any better because for one Lovie just can't pull an even decent offensive coordinator. This hire just doesn't help this team. I mean does Lovie even coach on sundays. He walks the sideline saying nothing to nobody, doesn't even speak on his headset. Sometimes I think he should be checked for a pulse. No thanks.

#25 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Class guy Lovie Smith. The Bears have been a solid team for years with him. He would be good for the Eagles,

#26 wski

wski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Im ok with Lovie...or Jon Gruden...Chip Kelly sure would have made it interesting...

#27 twowheeler

twowheeler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

We have not had a "real" defensive coordinator since Jim Johnson. Lovie Smith would not be able to fill those shoes (who could?) but he would be a good fit. Hire him as DC and keep searching for the right leader. We need a blue collar leader who in not afraid to get in a face or two.

#28 Weapon~X

Weapon~X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Ok hire Lovie Smith as HC.. Hire Brian Dawkins as DC.. Get our OC 2 call better plays or can him 2..

#29 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Like i said black monday....lovie smith is the best candidate, unless they want younger.

He is defensively minded, knows how to build it . He knows the value of big wrs, and how to utilize the likes forte, so i know mccoy will continue as an all pro. The team wont need any major scheme adjustments. Just will need a solid,o coordinator.

Plus his name is lovie.....city of brotherly luv- ie

#30 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

JON or JAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! like i said before if lovie smith is the coach consider a fan GONE no emotion= andy reid part 2