Photo

[News] Eagles Sign Two Receivers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,246 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

The Philadelphia Eagles announced on Tuesday that they have signed WRs Nick Miller and DeMarco Sampson, each to two-year contracts. Miller (5-9, 180) has played in 17 games with the Oakland Raiders...

View the full article

#2 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Dream Team!!!

#3 OldEagle1960

OldEagle1960

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Fan Since:1960-Birth

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Enough with the Dream Team crap, it all came from Vince Young who is long gone. Competition is what makes a team better. I foresee some interesting decisions on Djax and the TE position.

#4 EaglesinMT

EaglesinMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

DeSean hasn't done anything since M@theM2. I wouldn't mind seeing him walk. Plus, the rook did pretty well with punt returns and playing in the slot.

#5 waitin 4 a ring

waitin 4 a ring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

5'-9'' wide receiver what a joke who's bright idea was that.

#6 Filadelfia

Filadelfia

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

Dynasty

#7 2timeouts

2timeouts

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

EaglesinMT I agree with you. Eagles WR DeSean Jackson was not put in a position to preform to his maximun ability. Was He injured early in the season before the ribs problem I don't know. He should be returning Kick-offs just like Wes Welker NE WR 5'9" 185 lbs almost identical to Jackson. I also think he should be returning punts. He has a natural ability to pick his lanes & take off. He knows when to fair catch the ball or run out of bounds.

#8 EagleLoyalist

EagleLoyalist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

The Eagles should keep Jackson. With him not in the line up, it took away the deep threat. Maclin did well this year when he played....especially on a couple TD receptions in the red zone. But he is not the deep threat like Jackson nor does he have his speed. If Jackson catches the ball behind the defender, it's off to the races. No one can catch Jackson from behind. I also liked him as a punt returning. We all remember the Giants game in which he took a punt all the way at the closing seconds of the game to win the game.....and he almost did it again against them. Although I think if Jackson was just used as a kick returner he would be the BEST in the league....he's more valuable as a receiver. Returning kicks can be pretty dangerous and it would be a lost if he was to get injured while returning a punt. Either way.....as a kick returning or receiver, Jackson is going to have a target on his back. When catching a pass across the middle, the opposing team will be looking to take him out......by that I mean....stopping him with a good hit.....lol. I just hope that he comes back 100% next season.

#9 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Anyone who thinks we should keep desean is a fool. Ok he is a deep threat, not a deep promise. Big play ability is not big play consistancy. He does not run all routes on a wr tree and is often hurt. Id drop him and take the likes of dwayne bowe or better to pair with maclin avant and cooper.

Jackson disappears in games has only 4 receptions...useless really

#10 Benzino999

Benzino999

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Fan Since:4eVa

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sure let's get rid of our most dangerous playmaker and while were at it why not pick up an older receiver who's lost a step. Sheer Genious. If Desean had a good QB throwing to him and an O line that could block for a few seconds he would gash defenses. Our O line hasn't been right for two seasons and the QB cannot get Desean the ball when he's got 1 second to find an open receiver. Desean is not the problem.

#11 twowheeler

twowheeler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Macklin doesn't seem to have a problem catching passes. D-Jack need to concentrate on playing football during the season. He got his contract, whats the excuse this year?

#12 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Everyone has a right to That is why i wouldn't call anyone a fool for wanting to keep Djax around. Problem is that Djax is getting paid like a number one guy. He is not the type of person to take a pay cut, he already showed his true colors last year, when he didn't play hard cause his contract wasn't done. Well, he got his money. Looked good for a couple games and got hurt. I question his toughness, but most of all, I question his heart. Maclin, Cooper and Avant played hard all year, no matter the score or situation. I personally wan't tough guys and bigger targets. I can't see any scenario were he or Vick are back. As far as injury, come on Djax can't stay healthy for crap. Bowe has been an all pro wide out with the worst team in the NFL. Sure he has been around but early in his career did he get injured as much as Djax. I hate to tell you but Foles did good for a rookie behind a horrible line. Maybe if Djax could stay healthy he would of had a better year. Djax has lost a big step. If he didn't wouldn't he return kicks?

#13 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Everyone has a right to their opinion, I meant to say.

#14 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Serious our most dangerous player? Sorry isn't Shady on this team. He was the most dangerous 2 years ago but not the past two years. Shady gets it done, no matter how bad the line is. If someone will give them a top pick, little Djax is history.

#15 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

I don't know want happened to Deshawn. His passion just seemed to evaporate the past 2 seasons. I will forever remember the Miracle in the Meadowlands Part 2. It was all downhill from there. The team will look significantly different next year. Michael Vick? I think the Eagles will let him go.

#16 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

They tried him back returning kicks, he wasn't the same guy, past 2 years. The trades or releases of Vick and Djax is a start of a new future. Cap room up the @ss. Draft picks for the new coach and Roseman. They are gonna take advantage. I watched this dreadful season every FN game. These guys that wanna give up cause they knew AR was gonna be gone, need to go as well. You play for the Eagles not just AR. He has shown he is spineless. Bowe can and has stretched the field his whole career. We need a beast that can stretch the field.

#17 Weapon~X

Weapon~X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

DSJ will return full strength next season

#18 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Sampson is a big guy at least. They prob got him for a cheese steak, worth a look.

#19 Eagle-1

Eagle-1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Miller 5-9? Hope he's a Hellafide Punt returner because our blocking in this category sucks or he's another Wes Welker......Sampson 6-2 (good) 204? can he take a hit? (Crabtree, 49ers is 6-1 214 just a comparison) I hope he's another Randy Moss and not Todd Pinkston or we're right back where we've started.....small fragile WRs that get hurt almost every game....In Jacksons defense his moral has dropped due to QB not being able to hit him WHEN he's open....once he makes his move pass the CB the ball should be out, but we've all seen that we have timing route problems.....WRs dang near have to be WIDE OPEN....just my view of things, may be wrong, but still love my Eagles....Thanks!

#20 odin8888

odin8888

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,082 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

No more short wr unless you have punt returner capabilities.

Get me some strong, quick WR's that catch everything!!!!

#21 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

find one worth getting

#22 kbsman2

kbsman2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Fan Since:1968

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

This team is shattered and we need to rebuild we go no where with this group

#23 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Pinkston was not 204 pounds. These are just guys to compete. I wouldn't read to much into it. We still have a good group of guys here. We need a number one wide out still. I like to look at the guys who kept playing no matter what. Maclin, Cooper and Avant played hard all year. If we learned anything from this dreadful year. It is that we need big targets. Cooper and Celek were Foles best targets. We won't win with guys like Vick and Djax. This is not college, speed alone will not win championships. We got man handled. If we draft Joeckel
and Peters comes back, put Herramans back at RG and Mathis at LG, we can win the battle in the trenches. Which will help Foles and Shady. We can win, just need a big #1 WR and another big TE. This draft has some nice TE's too.

#24 Baynit

Baynit

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Relax these guys are just camp bodies. Howie isnt going to make any significant moves until a new coach is around and they can work together. Like the guy below said Sampson has some size he's worth a look for a Cheesesteak or two.