Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eagles nut

OFFICIAL: Cowboys fire Rob Ryan, hire Monte Kiffin

100 posts in this topic

Vie twitter of ESPN Dallas and some New York reporter named Bryan Costello.

Now Lurie will interview him too...

Here it is,

Just showed up on the NFLN ticker too.

How long before someone on TATE says "Hire Rob Ryanz as our DC!!!"?

Jerry keeps convincing himself it's always someone else' fault his team failed.

1 person likes this

I just heard one of the Cowboys beat writers say that they called him while he was on vacation and fired him that way. That's low. People talk about the Eagles but they couldn't even fire the man face to face.

Ryan is a very over rated DC who gets by on Name alone. He has never had a top NFL defense. Keep him as far away from the eagles.

How long before someone on TATE says "Hire Rob Ryanz as our DC!!!"?

I remember how mad people were when the Cowboys hired him instead of the Eagles. Though the Eagles hire wasn't much better (if at all, in Juan). The Cowboys did allow more 4th quarter comebacks in 2011 under Ryan than the Eagles did under Castillo.

I remember how mad people were when the Cowboys hired him instead of the Eagles. Though the Eagles hire wasn't much better (if at all, in Juan). The Cowboys did allow more 4th quarter comebacks in 2011 under Ryan than the Eagles did under Castillo.

You could argue that Juan was better, looking at defensive rankings while he was DC... though I don't know what the rankings were this year while he was here... I think firing Juan was a desperation move by Andy this year and that it probably shouldn't have happened when it did. The D wasn't the biggest issue at that time. Vick was.
2 people like this

Not a fan of his since I feel he's over-rated but did not see that coming.

You could argue that Juan was better, looking at defensive rankings while he was DC... though I don't know what the rankings were this year while he was here... I think firing Juan was a desperation move by Andy this year and that it probably shouldn't have happened when it did. The D wasn't the biggest issue at that time. Vick was.

I agree. I don't know if that says something really bad about Ryan or something good about Juan.

He was always the worst of the Ryan trio.

The Boys have lived off Buddy's name way too long now.

The Boys have lived off Buddy's name way too long now.

buddy lived off buddy's name way too long...

1 person likes this

buddy lived off buddy's name way too long...

He did win 2 Super Bowl rings and devised a nasty defense... of course after a few years that defense was figured out, but still he does have 2 Super Bowl rings so at least he had something legit to live off of.

He did win 2 Super Bowl rings and devised a nasty defense... of course after a few years that defense was figured out, but still he does have 2 Super Bowl rings so at least he had something legit to live off of.

Where is his other ring from? I know about the 85 Bears obviously, where did he get his other?