[News] Former Eagles Lobby For Jon Gruden

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,774 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Former Eagles head coach Dick Vermeil said that his choice for the next head coach would be former Eagles assistant and current Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden.

View the full article

#2 lovedbirds

lovedbirds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Jon Gruden has the personality to deal with the Phily media, however Be sure he wants to have control and that would step on Howies toes.

#3 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Let the Gruden/Cowher circus begin!

#4 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I got an idea...Hire John Gruden...FIRE HOWIE!!!

#5 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

First of all Gruden praised Howie int he beginning of the season.  I don't know why they haven't contacted him. You people are ridiculous though. The HC always has a big say in anything. Howie has control now cause we don't have a HC.  If he had complete control then Marty, April and the rest of the staff would be gone. They are waiting for their coach to make those decisions. Howie is in charge of scouting and helping hire. If Gruden came here he would have plenty of say and Howie would work with him well. Gruden thinks this team had a great draft in 2012. If anything Roseman would help us land Gruden. I bet we here about whether Gruden is coming back or not this week. Telling me, knowone contacted him. Please. Like i said could be hush hush, situation. I have a feeling he will be contacted by the Eagles this week.

#6 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Call the man, he is the best choice, or Gus Bradley. Anyone else i am not impressed

#7 Greenblood82

Greenblood82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Jon Gruden had one great year with the Buccaneers; the rest were mediocre. Jon Gruden wouldn't be very good in Philly. D Vermeil has little right to make the calls for the Eagles. He was the cry-baby head coach that turned his back on the Eagles after a bad season. Andy never quit on the team in his 14 years. Don't listen to Vermeil; he's old and senial. Gruden doesn't want to go back to coaching anyway; he's not the best choice even if he did.

#8 jamesconnrules

jamesconnrules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

jon gruden the answer howie jay gruden OC