Photo

[Spadaro] A Look At Topsy-Turvy NFC East

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
124 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,473 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Dallas fired its defensive coordinator. Washington’s franchise player is a health question mark. The Giants are retooling their defense and, of course, the Eagles are searching for a new head coach. Welcome to the NFC East, which looks as wide open as can be …

View the full article

#2 Brodieman687

Brodieman687

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Brian Rolle signs with steelers. If they give him a chance in a few games, he will be a starter, and a standout. Way to blow that one, Roseman.....

On a lighter note, best wishes to Brian, he deserves the opportunity to show he is an outstanding linebacker and playmaker. Most of all, when he tackles, he tackles the way it should be done....with power and LEVERAGE!

#3 bray536

bray536

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yes, Dave, the NFC East may be bad, but the Eagles still only won one NFC East game this past year and have a 3-5 year rebuilding process. More importantly too, the Eagles have won exactly TWO games against non-divisional NFC East teams in the past 2 years (St. Louis and Tampa Ba). The Eagles are years away from being back to the top of the NFC, which is the goal.

#4 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

At this rate we will be going into the next season without a head coach. 9 days and counting.

#5 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

They wanted Chipper...but he kissed and ran. I have no problem with their due diligence now...they must get this right.

#6 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Dave...how quickly...the NFC East is now the worst over-rated division in the NFC.

#7 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

>>Spuds: I would be feeling very positive about the Eagles "magical rise" to the top if you can confirm that Juan Castillo is the new DC in Dallas; Mornhinweg has taken his QB-suicide offense to Mike Shanahan and RGIII; and Boddy April is running ST for the Gmen.

How about an update on JON GRUDEN? What do the bean-counters make of the fuss that Vermeil and Jaworksi have sparked with respect to not just interviewing him,but hiring him as HC. Both those gentlemen are respected and admired sports figures in Philly. And, have a lot more years of NFL experience than Roseman's multiplied by Smolenski's.

Well??

>>DDD: Chipper is as fickle as our own Barbarella...

#8 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Lets hope CHUCKIE wants to come back and coach this team, at least try and ask Mr. Lurie. lure him back and make us win!! lol

#9 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

They don't have a plan. They are interviewing everyone that walks and breathes.

#10 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Going into last week I thought the Redskins could be a problem in this division for years to come, But the injury to RGIII could set them back, Giants only play when they want to and collapse at the end of the season(2 unfortunate exceptions), and the Cowboys are still a Joke in Jerry's World. And that leaves the Eagles sitting on the bottom of the Well waiting for Lurie and Roseman to throw them a rope and pull them out of the abyss.

#11 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

>>mike1023: in the last "hot thread" we started to discuss the colts and what changes were made there. I thought it was just Luck & luck. Wow--did Ryan Grigson (new GM) make some moves. 15 veterans--many starters--- were simply released. 17 UFA were added in addition to drafted and undrafted players. Here's a great summary:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Indianapolis_Colts_season

Could be this is what awaits the Eagles? Of course, Colts got a brand new GM...and HC

#12 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Should of kept grigson. Could be a big mistake.

#13 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

It will not surprise me to see that we are in the race for the NFC east title next season....This division isn't all but we are all competitive teams.... still believe Dallas talent wise is the team to beat if they can get everything to click will be a very dangerous team but of course that probably is unlikely. Skins take a HUGE blow with losing Rg3 could be gone next season, And well the Giants I can't ever make that team one point they look great next they look horrible

#14 Old Feathers

Old Feathers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

This sounds strangely like this time last year . Details are different but it's the same ol refrain - we'll be ok because the everyone else in the division is struggling etc etc.. The road to the playoffs and the SB goes through other teams in other divisions What's going really make a difference is getting a no nonsense head coach with the vision to turn things arround for this team.Our success will only come from how good we can be not how badly others in NFC east are expected to be !

#15 eaglespheak

eaglespheak

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Fan Since:70s

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

did anyone look at next years opponents.............real tough

was Jon in town...could be the Miracle philly needs...............

#16 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just throwing it out there maybe Hiring a Bruce Arians as head coach could help us turn over the roster in a similar way like the Colts did Woody. Just speculating.

#17 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Eaglespheak.... are schedule doesn't look that tough we play NFC North,AFC West,TB,AZ and are divison teams twice....

#18 EaglesinMT

EaglesinMT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Breaking news on ESPN - Eagles interview Chip Kelly. Maybe Notre Dame said no thanks to him after the performance Monday night.

#19 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Brian Kelly you mean...

#20 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

BG, all teams will improve. The bad ones will be much different than 2012. Unless you have a Payton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees at QB, you are facing mediocrity or just above needing an excellent defense anyway. This team is FAR from having an excellent defense......but a great defensive coordinator could change that quickly in my opinion. No standout QBs in the draft according to you college experts so who is out there? Foles it is probably. Then if he doesnt make large strides forward from this year....he won one game....then this team is below average no matter what happens. It is a QB league.

I want the Eagles to find the next andrew luck, tom brady, payton manning. Until that happens, a Super Bowl is far away.

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Senhor...100% agreement teams will improve and some teams will get worse we have no clue who will get hurt who will breakout etc.... But overall I think as of right now we have a fairly good looking schedule I don't want to say it is easy but it could be alot tougher

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I still want Gus Bradley as the next HC of the eagles and if we could maybe pair him with Norv Turner as his OC think that could be a really nice setup....Norv is a pretty good OC just a bad HC

#23 D.Way

D.Way

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

BG Don't know about Norv as OC but someone I would like as one, if he would agree to come, is Marc Trestman. Already has some experience as OC, plus was good at it! Also like I've said before I think he would be great developing Foles. Bradley has headcoach would also be my first choice! Love his energy and young players feed from it!

#24 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Props on the attempt to spin things on a positive note for this team. I know it is awfully hard these days. Basically this article reads: Everyone else in the NFC East sucks so the Eags have a chance. Unfortunately I'm not buying it. Can the Cowboys take the next step and rise above mediocrity? Doubtful but 8-8 looks to be far better than where this team can get. The Gmen will have their ups and downs but if Eli can stay healthy they have to be the favorites. The Redskins should be fine. Shanny might get redder than we have ever seen(and that is pretty red) but he knows how to run the ball so even Cousins could carry the Skins further than where this team is at.

#25 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts
  • Fan Since:late 70s

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Quick little fact... since the 2004 season (which all three of our division opponents went 6-10) The Eagles have had success winning games... IMO main reason was because you could write this article every offseason. 3 playoff wins since 2004 ... only one was vs. a non-division opponent. A Minn team led by Tavarious Jackson...lol.

#26 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Why interview Brian Kelly? He just was completely outcoached by Saban. Sure Alabama has more talent but the difference was clearly coaching. In all fairness Saban probably is the best college coach.

#27 mybandderanged

mybandderanged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

dont know how gb, min, chi, den, are an easy schedule they are way above the eagles and maybe even det. As far as the team goes there's been bad decisions being made up and down the whole team. Even back to letting dawkins go when he still had a couple of years left in him. Still haven't gotten a top safety since then that makes the opponents fear them. You got the Juan project that was a flop. The wide nine which worked one year cause it was new and one of those gimmick things. I said before they traded A Samuel that it was a big mistake. I would take him over DRC and Num any day. They traded a pro bowl CB for a seventh round pick. Bet someone is kicking there own a** right about now. The list goes on and on and wondering why things are so messed up.

#28 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

KC, Oakland, SD, Tampa & Arizona are 5 of next season's non divisional games. Combine with this poor division... it's probably an easier schedule than most?

#29 mybandderanged

mybandderanged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

yea they are the other easier non divisional games arizona been kinda are Kryptonite though. It could be worse but its defiantly not a walk in the park

#30 joemas6

joemas6

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Can't really get an easier vs the AFC?