Photo

[News] Fan-Demonium: Searching For A Coach

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,356 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

The 2013 offseason is here and that means lots of activity for the Eagles. The primary focus is finding a new head coach. Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, and Don Smolenski have met with a handful of...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,104 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

haha...Tommy...i had dial-up through AOL...in '99.

#3 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I agree they have to take there time.At first i thought we were wasting too much time but now i think they need to take time and check out all the candidates .Hopefully they don't go hiring a college coach before interviewing guys like Bradley who are still busy coaching.Seems like he leads the pack with the fans anyway.

#4 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm of the opinion that we try to improve the O-line first (pending healing of our walking-wounded). So, the way I'd like to see the draft would be O-line, D-tackles (we have enough ends, thank you!), then Corner, LB, Safety - then maybe draft for depth. So we take the top guy available - our needs are so many, that almost anybody taken should be an upgrade! Please, no more hobbits playing WR! I wouldn't mind trading back (but not out of) in the 1st Round to get a couple more picks.

Foles is the definition of "serviceable". Stick with him behind a good line and a huge dose of McCoy/Brown and let him "manage" the game - 25 to 30 passes max.

We all suffer through next year, knowing that, yes we ARE indeed rebuilding and that better times are coming. It will actually be nice to sit back and enjoy a season without all the hype for once - followed by disappointment! And take a playoff appearance if it happens by some wild stroke as pure gravy on top (or cherry, or icing, or whatever you prefer...bacon?)!

Maybe we get a QB in the draft in 2014 - maybe Foles works out.

#5 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Tommy, I'm really shocked that you bought into the Chip Kelly fad. I really thought that you'd appreciate what a Bradley type coach would bring to the team especially since our D needs the most work. When our OL heals up, and with a pick or two in the draft, our O will be more than adequate as long as we dump Vick. All we really need is to create a great D and we're really not that far away. Good coaching, several smart picks, one or two good free agents and the EAGLES could be a bad *** D again. Like it was when the games were fun!

#6 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,371 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

yup, why would they need the senior bowl, these future draftees huh ? they need a good kick in the butt to teach them. so did the ones in the years prior, who didn't go.. growl.

i'm grumpy. i don't like to wait. plus, i wanted david shaw anyway, so i'm bound to be dissatisfied. pfff.

#7 odin8888

odin8888

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,148 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

ok, the quarterback has not been steady since the decline of McNabb. I like Foles ability and with a better WR, TE, solid o-line, solid running attack we could win the division next year. If not, you need to bring in a new qb for competition anyway.

#8 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

We win nothing with Foles so stop trying to boost him up, he showed what he can do and there is nothing there that is that impressive so please cut the bs!

#9 joey_eagles75

joey_eagles75

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

All I got to say is IN GUS I TRUST!

#10 craigj

craigj

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

"Quarterback has been an amazingly steady position for the Eagles since 2000," really Tommy?
OK, we had McNabb but he was injured a bunch after 2004. Garcia, McMahon, AJ Feeley, The Detmers, then the Kolb/Vick drama and now maybe we have Foles. I don't think that's "amazingly steady" I call that "man, it's amazing we hadn't really blown up before this".

#11 onetrueeagle

onetrueeagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

LISTEN EVERYONE> FOR Once all the fans should get behind one most important decision this team will make in a while and leave front office no choice but to hire Jon Gruden! There is no better candidate, period , end of discussion. Is it about winning or is it about winning?

#12 onetrueeagle

onetrueeagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Get Alex Smith and bring Jon Gruden, Remember he won the superbowl with Brad Johnson in Tampa

#13 jamesconnrules

jamesconnrules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

jon gruden nick foles

#14 SinCityEaglesFan

SinCityEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

get on the Gus bus !!!

#15 saveir1

saveir1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Mike McCoy or Gus Bradley.

#16 Begging for SB

Begging for SB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Being thorough does not have to equate with taking an eternity. If the FO doesn't already have a couple of their top three candidates already interviewed, then we should all be panicking by now. The other issue is the TBD HC still needs to hire his staff -- time is marching on as the more qualified guys for coordinators are already getting picked up by other teams. Come on FO, extend the offer to Jon Gruden now and if he declines, extend an immediate offer to McCoy or Bradley. Stop building out your spreadsheet.

#17 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

The Eagles solved most of their problems by getting rid of Reid and his band of misfit coaches - Morningweg, April, etc. I love the QBs coming out in 2014 so another down year would no be the worst thing that could happen. Lets bolster the defense, hire a good DC or a defensive oriented head coach and move forward. We can even go 1-15 if the 1 is against the KC Chiefs

#18 Moneypunk

Moneypunk

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Remember the old Eagles Digest that was in a newspaper style. I loved those, better than the magazine style.