Photo

[News] Jay Gruden Met With Cards; Eagles Next?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,793 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

The Eagles were granted permission to speak with Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden, but there has been no announcement regarding a meeting. Gruden provided an update.

View the full article

#2 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Love how ownership is wasting time on the wrong gruden. They must not of watched his poor play calling last week.

#3 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hopefully the Eagles geniuses have the new coach hired or the new coach they plan on naming when their respective team is eliminated from the playoffs before Jay Gruden even gets a chance to interview. I am hearing McCoy is not Lurie's guy so I don't think they are going in that direction. Bradley might be a nice hire but I just can't see him putting an elite staff together so I don't know if they will go in that direction. I am guessing that Brian Kelly is the Eagles top target now but I have a feeling he will go back to ND. So there we would be, all our top targets off the table. Who do we get stuck with? Scary. If you want a college football coach Jeff call David Shaw at Stanford. Now that would be a nice hire. I know he just signed an extension, but who cares thats worth as much as the paper its written on.

#4 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

It would be nice to have a coach that doesn't use all of his timeouts in the first and third quarters...

#5 Derree

Derree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

I am sure who ever they pick will be in the best interest for the Eagles. If you remember we all hated Andy Reid in the beginning too. He took the Eagles to many Playoff games and one Super Bowl game, yes it would have been nice to win the Super Bowl but at least we made it there. Not many teams can say they have made it to the playoff's as many times as Reid did. Reid is a great coach but at this time he is not the right coach for the Eagles. For all we know the new coach we pick could take us to the Super Bowl next year and win it, wouldn't that be great????