Photo

[News] Monday: Eagles To Meet With Gruden

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,490 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

The Eagles announced that they will meet with Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden on Monday. Gruden, 45, just wrapped up his second year as offensive coordinator for the Bengals. He has overse...

View the full article

#2 eagleeyejk

eagleeyejk

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,588 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

ugh, not something you want to advertise.

#3 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Guess you gotta meet with him just to say you did. Just don't sign anything please

#4 f_dallas

f_dallas

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Headline is misleading...should be "Eagles to meet with the Gruden no one wants"

#5 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Wrong Gruden! This has become a real mess!

#6 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Agree with Whole9....WRONG GRUDEN....Like I keep blogging....CALL JOHN GRUDEN AND ASK HIM ONE QUESTION...."HOW MUCH DOES IT TAKE?"

#7 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Our front office are complete idiots. Interviewing bums and want us to get excited, what a joke!

#8 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,402 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

This FO isn't running a coaching search, they're running a chinese air raid. They are freaking clueless. Larry, Curley and Moe trying to act like they know what they're doing. It's a joke.

#9 jacka123

jacka123

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

The Eagles need to get either Bradley or McCoy. I have an idea that McCoy wants to stay on the west coast and will end up going to San Diego. I hope we get one or the other, because I think they are the best two. If they get Jon Gruden, that would be fine too.

#10 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

This is getting ridiculous. Jay might bring a decent staff with him if he got the job based on Jon's connections within the NFL, wouldn't beat totally surprised if he somehow talked big brother into running the offense. That would really be the only positive in a Jay Gruden hiring. Hopefully the guy the Eagles want is either in the playoffs or is on vacation and are awaiting word on whether he is for real about coaching this team. I see Gus Bradley interviewed with the Chargers. Nice job Eagles, if you are serious about getting the right guy just interview one.

#11 jsdarkstar

jsdarkstar

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 33,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Interview Gregg Roman please

#12 301EaglesFan

301EaglesFan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Both Grudens are bums. This fanbase's obsession with Jon is baffling. This guy will take this team nowhere

#13 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Jon Gruden is no bum, Jay is tho. And one again I really don't see what the all the fuss is over McCoy! None of the coaches on the list will make it past 2 seasons anyway with the exception of Lovie. McCoy is not really the OC in Denver, Manning is. On top of that they bought in his old OC from the Colts to be a consultant so what has he really done in Denver besides install a high school offense for Tebow and before then they sucked all the way around.

#14 waitin 4 a ring

waitin 4 a ring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

jons better than jay. never heard of jay before 2 weeks ago. plus jay says he wants to stay where he is why waste your time talkin to him .and these college coach were interviewing are garbage .can't understand why they haven't pick up the phone and called up chuckie or cowher both with eagles roots. lurie wake up and get your head out of your a s s!!!!!!!!!

#15 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

waitin 4 a ring. Well said, finally someone is talking on here with some real football sense.

#16 MarcoIslander

MarcoIslander

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Why are they wasting their time with this guy when Gus Bradley is the answer for the HC? Gruden is years away from serious consideration as a HC.

#17 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Looks like Andy Reid will have his whole coaching staff hired and ready to go before the Eagles hire a water boy muchless a head coach.

They are interviewing Coaches that can take abuse and have egos lined with leather. I guess all the other interviewees have failed the abuse test.

#18 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Dum idiots rams just took rob Ryan as DC eagles once again u missed out way better defense then tod bum

#19 michaels maniacs

michaels maniacs

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Fan Since:1973

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

dont want him

dont want either gruden and rams can I have ryan all overrated

#20 Eagle_11

Eagle_11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Why interview Jay Gruden when he has already stated that he does not plan to leave the Bengals? Waste of time, waste of man hours! If you fire a coach then you had better have a new coach already lined up! This doesn't bode for a promising season.

#21 calieaglesfan02

calieaglesfan02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Oh Boy!!!!! This coaching search is going downhill. Now I Hope they pick the wrong coach so that it will result in Howie Roseman being fired!

AND THATS THE WRONG GRUDEN FOOLS!!!!

#22 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

There's apparently no strategy in the hiring process other than to interview everyone.

Jay Gruden, your up next, enjoy your Duck cassoulet on Lurie's dime.

#23 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Only thing I don't like about that interview with Gus and Chargers is they fired there GM and they can tell him he can hire his own.where on the Eagles side if he doesn't like what Howie has to say why come here

#24 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Cannot play with them. Cannot win with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.

#25 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

I got a dream team for ya, well more like a dream coaching staff....
DC-Luvie Smith
OC-Jon Gruden
HC-Brian Kelly
....now that smells real good there ;)

#26 Begging for SB

Begging for SB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Time is marching on and only the Eagles search is taking an eternity. Lurie is clueless and now in a state of desperation as his top choices are gone. More importantly, the more qualified candidates for support staff/assistants still to be hired by the TBD HC are being sucked up already. FO, get off the dime and make an offer to JON Gruden already. If Jon declines, make an immediate offer to McCoy or Bradley. At this comical pace, we will be the last one on the block to sign a HC from the leftover heap. Your fanbase deserves better.

#27 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Now Mr. Lurie grab your bossman pen and check book and bring us a championship baby!!!

#28 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Of course interviewing Jay Gruden is the Eagles prerogative however as an Eagles fan I must say that I was not impressed with his game plan or play calling against the Texans. What better way to evaluate a Head Coaching candidate than in the stress of preparation for a playoff game?

#29 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think I speak for all Eagle fans when I say that we will take a pass on Jay. We can do better.

#30 ThomasMaine

ThomasMaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Brian Kelly is a weak choice. Look at the big games and enough said. Recruiting doesn't count for jack in the pros. Sure ND was outmanned but a blowout? Another bowl loss. He is overrated and throws big baby temper tantums. Not NFL HC material. Please don't hire him.
I like Gus Bradley. Not only do you get proven NFL success, you also take it from another NFC team.
It has been the loss of Jim Johnson that devastated this team. A weak use of defensive personnel has been the constant during this fall from playoff caliber.
A great TE, deep threat WR's, and 3 or4(Polk unknown) RB's. Defense, defense, defense! And control the ball.
A total overhaul isn't needed to reach the top. Injuries made it look worse on O than it is. Sticking to the same scheme when everyone went down was insane but hey so was running wide 9 all the time. Successful coaches today seem to adjust to the personnel they actually have and not run some system and leave players trying to do what they can't.