Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Monday: Eagles To Meet With Gruden

36 posts in this topic

The Eagles announced that they will meet with Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden on Monday. Gruden, 45, just wrapped up his second year as offensive coordinator for the Bengals. He has overse...

View the full article

Guess you gotta meet with him just to say you did. Just don't sign anything please

1 person likes this

Headline is misleading...should be "Eagles to meet with the Gruden no one wants"

1 person likes this

Wrong Gruden! This has become a real mess!

2 people like this

Agree with Whole9....WRONG GRUDEN....Like I keep blogging....CALL JOHN GRUDEN AND ASK HIM ONE QUESTION...."HOW MUCH DOES IT TAKE?"

1 person likes this

Our front office are complete idiots. Interviewing bums and want us to get excited, what a joke!

1 person likes this

This FO isn't running a coaching search, they're running a chinese air raid. They are freaking clueless. Larry, Curley and Moe trying to act like they know what they're doing. It's a joke.

The Eagles need to get either Bradley or McCoy. I have an idea that McCoy wants to stay on the west coast and will end up going to San Diego. I hope we get one or the other, because I think they are the best two. If they get Jon Gruden, that would be fine too.

This is getting ridiculous. Jay might bring a decent staff with him if he got the job based on Jon's connections within the NFL, wouldn't beat totally surprised if he somehow talked big brother into running the offense. That would really be the only positive in a Jay Gruden hiring. Hopefully the guy the Eagles want is either in the playoffs or is on vacation and are awaiting word on whether he is for real about coaching this team. I see Gus Bradley interviewed with the Chargers. Nice job Eagles, if you are serious about getting the right guy just interview one.

Both Grudens are bums. This fanbase's obsession with Jon is baffling. This guy will take this team nowhere

Jon Gruden is no bum, Jay is tho. And one again I really don't see what the all the fuss is over McCoy! None of the coaches on the list will make it past 2 seasons anyway with the exception of Lovie. McCoy is not really the OC in Denver, Manning is. On top of that they bought in his old OC from the Colts to be a consultant so what has he really done in Denver besides install a high school offense for Tebow and before then they sucked all the way around.

jons better than jay. never heard of jay before 2 weeks ago. plus jay says he wants to stay where he is why waste your time talkin to him .and these college coach were interviewing are garbage .can't understand why they haven't pick up the phone and called up chuckie or cowher both with eagles roots. lurie wake up and get your head out of your a s s!!!!!!!!!

waitin 4 a ring. Well said, finally someone is talking on here with some real football sense.

Why are they wasting their time with this guy when Gus Bradley is the answer for the HC? Gruden is years away from serious consideration as a HC.

Looks like Andy Reid will have his whole coaching staff hired and ready to go before the Eagles hire a water boy muchless a head coach.

They are interviewing Coaches that can take abuse and have egos lined with leather. I guess all the other interviewees have failed the abuse test.

Dum idiots rams just took rob Ryan as DC eagles once again u missed out way better defense then tod bum

Why interview Jay Gruden when he has already stated that he does not plan to leave the Bengals? Waste of time, waste of man hours! If you fire a coach then you had better have a new coach already lined up! This doesn't bode for a promising season.

Oh Boy!!!!! This coaching search is going downhill. Now I Hope they pick the wrong coach so that it will result in Howie Roseman being fired!

AND THATS THE WRONG GRUDEN FOOLS!!!!

There's apparently no strategy in the hiring process other than to interview everyone.

Jay Gruden, your up next, enjoy your Duck cassoulet on Lurie's dime.

Only thing I don't like about that interview with Gus and Chargers is they fired there GM and they can tell him he can hire his own.where on the Eagles side if he doesn't like what Howie has to say why come here

Cannot play with them. Cannot win with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners. I want people that want to win.

I got a dream team for ya, well more like a dream coaching staff....

DC-Luvie Smith

OC-Jon Gruden

HC-Brian Kelly

....now that smells real good there ;)