[News] Monday: Eagles To Meet With Gruden

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#31 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

AP source says Eagles interviewing Gus Bradley today in Altlanta!

#32 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Two (2) Comments:

#1 -
Bleacher Report says: "Philadelphia Eagles: Unrealistic Faith in Nick Foles Killing Birds' Coach Search"

Have a look at the article here:
http://bleacherrepor...ds-coach-search

#2 - Last week I posted the comments below in the forum labeled "QB Preview:

Only a couple of people resonded with reasoned feedback/commentary!  My comments are similar to what the Bleacher Report said but I posted my comments before theirs.

Why are a few of you so 'high' on Foles?  I have nothing against him but when I compare him to other rookies QBs that played this year, many have done much better.  There are some that came off the bench and were very impressive.  Forget about Vick for a moment and just evaluate Foles with other QB rookies this year.  Both those that started and those that were brought in off the bench.  Where does he stand compared to them.  Perhaps he will shine next year if he starts from the beginning.  But we need to fix some other problems in order for him to be successful.  If they aren't fixed he WILL fail.   It's all about winning in professional sports.  Not just potential.

Yes, I agree that he Foles has potential but when you start talking about going to the Super Bowl coupled with the lack of patience the fanbase has, the expectations are way too high and he will be doomed for failure.

#33 Derf4Philly

Derf4Philly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

My vote was for Charlie Strong out of Louisville but he just signed a contract extension.  So my new interest is in Gus Bradley. We need a strong defensive coach.  As much as Reid earned his accolades throughout the years it was the defense teams feared and kept us in games.  Donovan was great but the team never gave him the hotshot wide receiver he needed until TO. We all know how the rest went down.  It was the defense though that was a spectacle to watch.  Yes we couldn't stop the run, but we could never do that under Reid.  Teams fear the Seahawks defense, the Steelers defense and other teams with similar defenses.  Notice something?  Those teams with a great defense have an offense that knows their defense can back them up and it frees the offense to shine.  Get a defensive coach.  GO Gus Bradley if you are going that direction.  You take a chance no matter who you get so why not.  However I still like Charlie Strong.

#34 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Canada Eagle- I read the article and it made me laugh! I am a Foles fan however If the Eagles hire a head coach that they like and that head coach says he wants Vick to be his starter, guess what? Vick is the starter! The author of this article is grasping at straws just to make some noise. Everyone knows that very few quarterbacks in this league would have had a good season with our patchwork offensive line. I rather like the fact that Foles was thrown in the mix in that kind of environment this year. If you can survive that atmosphere you ought to be fine when you actually have some time to throw the ball. What you have to ask yourself is not if Vick is a little better than Foles right now but if Vick is 16 million dollars a year better than Foles. We do need a lot of new players and that money would help us get them.

#35 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

HOWIE IS BRINGING US D O W N maybe Laurie should get rid of him so we can get a coach or we will be getting a high school coach

#36 eaglespheak

eaglespheak

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Fan Since:70s

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

wrong gruden dudes.................................