Photo

[News] Eagles Update Head Coach Search

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,021 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

The Eagles have released the following statement updating the status of the team's search for a head coach. "There is no question we spent a considerable amount of time and effort looking at who we...

View the full article

#2 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

No Problem! Keep searching.

#3 BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Hall-of-Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

ouch

#4 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yawn

#5 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

GET GUS

#6 bnax716

bnax716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

WE ALL DO UNDERSTAND SOMEWHAT BUT WHY NOT LISTEN TO SOME OF THE YOU KNOW WE ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN WE SEE THINGS THAT YOU ALL DON'T

#7 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

The only college coach I think would have been a good hire is O'Brien. IMO both Kelly's did the Eagles a favor by returning to college where they belong. I don't know why they wasted time interviewing them. Stick to NFL qualified candidates please and by all means, contact Jon Gruden!

#8 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Translation: We are very productive at wasting time so stop making fun of us.

Good observation bnax716. You are right that sometimes it helps not being too close to the problem. On the other hand, there is a lot we are not privy to in these negotiations so you have to give the ownership some slack. In this case however, you have to wonder how many squirrels get chased up the tree before the dog realizes the squirrels are just jerking him around. Time to move on and find a coach at the professional level.

#9 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

thank god he's staying, he sucks. bring gus in and hire an awsome D- coordinator stop wasting time

#10 bdp711

bdp711

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

No college coaches!! We need someone with NFL experience!

#11 aak1030

aak1030

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Stop outsmarting yourselves!!! This reminds of the last 14 years, and I thought the problem was Andy... when the whole fan base is onboard with a player and when he becomes available during the draft,...the eagles from out of nowhere pick someone completely from right field. Or for years the fan base tells you which position we're weak at they completely disregard us and go in a different direction ! Our offense is stacked across the board with skill players...find a Defensive coach so we can build this defense!! Find a good o-coordinator and we'll be okay! Gus Bradley or Lovie Smith...of you go with Lovie, help him find a good offensive coordinator!

#12 vox populi

vox populi

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

You look like you don't know what you're doing. But spin away if you must.

#13 bnax716

bnax716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Win lose or draw I am a EAGLES fan I was brought up watching them I did a number of book report about them all what I'mhoping for is that they get the right coach.

#14 Yazbremski

Yazbremski

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Mike McCoy is the next head coach, relax people. Be happy the Kelly's aren't coming to Philly. Neither would have ended well.

#15 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

McCoy doesn't even run Denver offense. What makes you think he will be a good head coach.

#16 brianfive

brianfive

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

I just got done watching the Denver game and Unless you think Peyton is comming along with him ,McCoy is a joke. Peyton clearly runs that offense!

#17 Unk

Unk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Gus Bradley is what we need! Defense

#18 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

mcoy better not come here horrible game

gus come on in

#19 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

That was a great game , too watch. Maybe if we do get Gus Bradley. We can have a physical D like Baltimore. Miss the days of the physical D. Dawkins, Dougles, Trotter, Simon, Walker or White, Simmons, Fuller etc

#20 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Being a D fan When I look at Lewis, Suggs, Elderbe, Upshaw as their Linebackers. Hard to not want that. Grant it Suggs and Lewis have lost a step. But they fight hard. They are so much bigger then our guys. Ryans, Ken**** and maybe chaney , keep around other then that. Get some physical LB's. Get another DT bigger then Cox, so we have the best of both worlds. Fast and strong. Graham and Cole will be here but if we go with Gus and I hope we do. We will see big linebackers, D line and secondary. Can't wait sick of getting watching our D get beat every down.

#21 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

f u brian kelly eat shi*

#22 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

We didn't need him, he folded to Alabama. We need a coach that help's get his team to the big one. If Gus Bradley's D propels them to the promise land. Then hell yeah hire him. Same with the Niners ,Falcons whoever. McCoy called a good game with Peyton and his resume is great but they lost, was it his fault? No, he didn't throw a pick. He will be a HC Just not here.. I wan't the best Coordinator from a SB team. A coach that has helped his team go to and hopefully win the SB.

#23 ant559

ant559

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

lovie !!!!!!!!

#24 philly245

philly245

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

I'm not use to all these coaching moves by the Eagles. They're usually one of the more stable coaching staffs this time of year.

#25 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

What about Baltimore DC. Yeah he was a linebackers coach when Chuck Pagano was the DC. He took over and the D is still strong. He has been around a great NFL D for years. Peed i think his name is. Don't be surprised if his name gets tossed around if they make it all the way. Right now they are hot too. Everyone liked the Colts and loved Denver. Beat New England in their home after a double over time thriller and go to New Orleans and everything changes.All the best guys are available. Plus plenty of quality coordinators out their that were head coaches.

#26 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Lovie is too much like AR, not scheme wise but he is an easy going players coach. We wan't hard nose. Call Jon Gruden Already, problem solved. He still has his best years ahead of him. Is their any other SB winning coaches that didn't take a lifetime to get, out their. Other then Chuckie. Call him, we have good young players. high draft picks and we will have all the cap room he could possibly want. I believe Roseman could work great with him. He knows he is not a coach, he just knows how to evaluate talent and politic with agents. He is hustling GM,

#27 gwilkie

gwilkie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Get the Gruden brothers here and hunt down the best defensive pro caliber college coordinator. I still say use Vick, Djax and both corners as trade bait. The front office needs to talk to Jon Gruden and stop this search.

#28 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

If the next two interviews don't go well then FIRE HOWIE and move on

#29 Trotter54

Trotter54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Well, I would hope that Lurie & Roseman end the search this week! C'mon Jon Gruden or Gus Bradley we are in need of your services!'

#30 downwithdallas

downwithdallas

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Still saying Mike Nolan should be the guy look every where he has been he builds defense he had no offence with the 49ers we have one just need that defense and we are back to being a playoff team