Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Update Head Coach Search

55 posts in this topic

The Eagles have released the following statement updating the status of the team's search for a head coach. "There is no question we spent a considerable amount of time and effort looking at who we...

View the full article

WE ALL DO UNDERSTAND SOMEWHAT BUT WHY NOT LISTEN TO SOME OF THE YOU KNOW WE ARE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN WE SEE THINGS THAT YOU ALL DON'T

The only college coach I think would have been a good hire is O'Brien. IMO both Kelly's did the Eagles a favor by returning to college where they belong. I don't know why they wasted time interviewing them. Stick to NFL qualified candidates please and by all means, contact Jon Gruden!

Translation: We are very productive at wasting time so stop making fun of us.

Good observation bnax716. You are right that sometimes it helps not being too close to the problem. On the other hand, there is a lot we are not privy to in these negotiations so you have to give the ownership some slack. In this case however, you have to wonder how many squirrels get chased up the tree before the dog realizes the squirrels are just jerking him around. Time to move on and find a coach at the professional level.

thank god he's staying, he sucks. bring gus in and hire an awsome D- coordinator stop wasting time

Stop outsmarting yourselves!!! This reminds of the last 14 years, and I thought the problem was Andy... when the whole fan base is onboard with a player and when he becomes available during the draft,...the eagles from out of nowhere pick someone completely from right field. Or for years the fan base tells you which position we're weak at they completely disregard us and go in a different direction ! Our offense is stacked across the board with skill players...find a Defensive coach so we can build this defense!! Find a good o-coordinator and we'll be okay! Gus Bradley or Lovie Smith...of you go with Lovie, help him find a good offensive coordinator!

Win lose or draw I am a EAGLES fan I was brought up watching them I did a number of book report about them all what I'mhoping for is that they get the right coach.

1 person likes this

Mike McCoy is the next head coach, relax people. Be happy the Kelly's aren't coming to Philly. Neither would have ended well.

McCoy doesn't even run Denver offense. What makes you think he will be a good head coach.

I just got done watching the Denver game and Unless you think Peyton is comming along with him ,McCoy is a joke. Peyton clearly runs that offense!

That was a great game , too watch. Maybe if we do get Gus Bradley. We can have a physical D like Baltimore. Miss the days of the physical D. Dawkins, Dougles, Trotter, Simon, Walker or White, Simmons, Fuller etc

Being a D fan When I look at Lewis, Suggs, Elderbe, Upshaw as their Linebackers. Hard to not want that. Grant it Suggs and Lewis have lost a step. But they fight hard. They are so much bigger then our guys. Ryans, Ken**** and maybe chaney , keep around other then that. Get some physical LB's. Get another DT bigger then Cox, so we have the best of both worlds. Fast and strong. Graham and Cole will be here but if we go with Gus and I hope we do. We will see big linebackers, D line and secondary. Can't wait sick of getting watching our D get beat every down.

We didn't need him, he folded to Alabama. We need a coach that help's get his team to the big one. If Gus Bradley's D propels them to the promise land. Then hell yeah hire him. Same with the Niners ,Falcons whoever. McCoy called a good game with Peyton and his resume is great but they lost, was it his fault? No, he didn't throw a pick. He will be a HC Just not here.. I wan't the best Coordinator from a SB team. A coach that has helped his team go to and hopefully win the SB.

I'm not use to all these coaching moves by the Eagles. They're usually one of the more stable coaching staffs this time of year.

What about Baltimore DC. Yeah he was a linebackers coach when Chuck Pagano was the DC. He took over and the D is still strong. He has been around a great NFL D for years. Peed i think his name is. Don't be surprised if his name gets tossed around if they make it all the way. Right now they are hot too. Everyone liked the Colts and loved Denver. Beat New England in their home after a double over time thriller and go to New Orleans and everything changes.All the best guys are available. Plus plenty of quality coordinators out their that were head coaches.