Photo

[Spadaro] No Need For Worry, Eagles Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
216 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,187 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Maybe you expected the hire to be done by now. Maybe you thought the Eagles were going to go out and target someone quickly and get their man. That is hasn't happened that way doesn't lessen the expectation of hiring the right man for the job ...

View the full article

#2 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

hope we get an aggressive coach, not another reid or fox...

http://www.nfl.com/n...ot-to-lose-game

#3 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Best guys are still coaching in the playoffs.

#4 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

That was a hell of a game, could of gone either way. Love how aggressive Baltimore is. Unfortunately the refs were picking on every little thing. Just proves we should of let Dawk Retire an Eagle. He brought a spark to his team like Ray Lewis, although Lewis has been better in his older years. He gets injured and is much slower but he takes that D from average to top notch. Just by being on the field or even sidelines. They are both born leaders. That is priceless, especially when your coach is so laid back. Players coach/ Puss , whatever.

#5 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Somebody who is very comfortable in his own skin.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? We're not interviewing Leatherface? We're not impatient because we think there running out of candidates; it's because we don't think the front office knows where they want to go with the team. The fact that they have done nothing to share with the fans the type of coach they're looking for indicates to many that they are "easter egging" the process.

#6 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Dave, I think Lurie knew who he wanted and was left standing at the alter!

#7 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

I want Gus Bradley !!!

We're still in the running for Gus, and I think this is the "real" man Lurie wants.

Plus, remember, interviewing all these other guys provides the Eagles with a ton of insight and information. As you know, all the candidates come in with their observations of what the Eagles must do to maximize their current personnel and plug holes in the current system. This amounts to invaluable feedback for Lurie and Roseman. It's a win-win scenario, even if you don't hire the guy...

P.S. Free Brizer...

#8 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

No one wants to be Roseman's pool boy.

#9 slorck

slorck

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Fan Since:1959

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Sounds to me like he just described Jon Gruden.

#10 Birdflipper

Birdflipper

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

No need for worry they say, as they get blown off FOR THE THIRD TIME IN TWO WEEKS, by a college coach. Lurie has gotten on a plane to see at least one of them, and each time he gets rejected.

This has gotten embarrassing.

We'll get someone, and they'll give us the "This was our guy all along" line of BS they're so good at parroting. But it'll be interesting to see how fast they throw "their guy" under the bus, if he doesn't make them look like geniuses for hiring a darkhorse.

#11 Thomas Jackson

Thomas Jackson

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

I like Birdflipper's posts.

#12 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Given the front office back stabbing and the problems at QB and elsewhere, this amounts to the least attractive HC job in the NFL. Pederson's gone; they might be able to persuade Arians. No, I don't want the job until The Lawyer is gone.

#13 Birdflipper

Birdflipper

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Nuff said: http://www.yardbarke...assing/12646828

#14 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Spuds: You're acting like a tool of the FO: it's embarrassing.

#15 big5bdawk

big5bdawk

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

I have a feeling that Rick Dennison may be the guy. His blocking scheme requires and rewards athletic, smart linemen. The Eagles have that type of personnel. It also requires a one-cut back (or two) who can get upfield in a hurry, before making a move at the second level, or running through tackles... sounds like Brown and Shady. A guy who has been a lifetime assistant himself, Dennison will have a good feel for the type of assistant coaches he will need to execute his plan. He also knows how to put his TE in a position to use his athleticism to make a play.

The only potential draw-back i can forsee may be his age. At 54, he may be about 10-15 years older than the age the Eagles FO is targeting. I have a feeling Spuds is right though. When we do make a hire, I have confidence it will be the right one. Andy Reid certainly wasn't on my Wish List a decade and a half ago..

#16 saveir1

saveir1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

I've been saying it in other post Gus Bradley is the man. The birds need a hardcore, defensive, get in your face kind of coach. Someone needs to set this nest on fire and get these birds to play angry, smart but angry football, the players should take on the attitude of the coach. The Eagles are in a new era, where we now have a ground game, and it has been more effective than the pass game. Andy Reid knew it, toyed with it, but wouldn't inbrace it. Andy wouldn't let go of his scheams and play calling from his coordinater, when he knew teams were finally catching on to what the Eagles were doing, that made them such a dangerous team. He couldn't or wouldn't change even when it was clear that the offensive line was better at run blocking than pass protecting. He got his QB destroyed over and over, when McCoy was looking like a baby Barry Sanders, I kept screaming "why arent they running the ball" why does he keep forcing his style of play when its not working. Only when its too late does he want to switch up the game plan. I think defense wins games and most defensive coaches would run first to set up the pass, depending on his coordinater. Although I think coach Mike McCoy would be better for Nick Foles development, I feel Gus Bradley will have the Eagles still in the game in the fourth quarter and in the playoffs this time next season.

#17 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

>>Spudsy:

Rueben Frank calls it as he sees it.
http://www.csnphilly...2861&feedID=692

#18 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

>>Snowy: Eagles have not 1 but 2 problems...

1.> No right minded coach will stand for being teamed with Howie Roseman. Three respected leaders of elite college football programs told Lurie: THANKS, but NO THANKS. Andy Reid might have given Jeff Lurie an exit interview. If AR was forthright, he'd have told Lurie that his "pie-in-the-sky" notions are ridiculous and that Roseman will prevent him from hiring anyone worthwhile.

2.> If Roseman isn't bad enough, Lurie also has Tom Donahoe. Donahoe did nothing but annoy Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh and ast a mere 2 seaons in Buffalo as GM--before Ralph Wilson re-hired OCTOGENARIAN Marv Levy--in a desperate measure to rid his team of Donahoe.

I gues in Lurie's math, if you have TWO NEGATIVES--it makes a positive.

Lurie is asleep at the switch...just like he showed us when he didn't fire Reid and staff at the end of 2011.

#19 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

>>BIRDFLIPPER: Amen. Great Link. Says it all.

#20 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

We might as well ad Vic Fangio to the interview process. He and Gus Bradley are the two best defensive coordinators out there.

#21 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

>>Lupes: the Eagles are in DEEP DENIAL. This is just as bad a case of wishful thinking as Lurie showed us when he failed to fired Reid and his Dream Team coaching staff following 2011. Sadly, the issues transcend the "headcoach" and the CHEMISTRY PROBLEMS that suddenly afflicted Andy Reid's locker room are rampant throughout the entire team.

There maybe be a UNICORN HC...and guy who is so hungry to join the ranks of the NFL HCs that he will overlook the pitfalls of Lurie's shaken organization.

Or, maybe Lurie actually hires a business consultant--and has that individual tell him that Howie Roseman is one major reason that quality canidtates are de-selecting the Eagles.

Or, maybe Howie becomes the HC and the GM.

Lurie is making a huge mess. I said he should have fired Reid & Roseman together. Now he'll have to settle for a 3rd rate HC and a series of 5-11 seasons before seeing an error.

#22 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

>>1wrangler: right now, taking the job as Eagles HC looks like a "bad career choice" to many of the leading candidates. Lurie is simply feckless and his vision of innovation is the expression of a 12 y/o fantasy football fan. Roseman is a talented businessman...but he doesn't enjoy a solid reputation in the football community..and having him as GM is a repellent to hiring a quality HC. Its accepted that most owners are "flaky" to some degree,but the ORGANIZATION must have integrity. AR in his person provided that--but even his final seasons were very clouded by Roseman's mission.

Lurie really has 1 choice. Hire and Coach and a General Manager.

#23 sitko

sitko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Dave - these Philly beat writers are killing me man - I love that they have NO idea what is going on behind the scenes, but have no problem ASSUMING all three of the college boys turned them down - hell Mike Nolan probably told Lurie he was a joke, right? That can be the only reason they didn't hire him, right? Horrible journalism - Tommy and Jimmy are keeping it real, but I just had to tear Tim McManus a new one...what a runty little whiner...I have full faith in Lurie. I will wait to judge the search until I see the results and hear more about what actually went down in the interviews.

#24 sitko

sitko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Wow - Dave, I just read some of the comments on this article - even your readers are drinking the idiot Philly Beat Writer I need to find a new cliche. Sorry man, you deserve smarter readers than this. Why all the hate for Roseman - I mean I heard the rumor that Belichick didn;t like him too - but that man hasn't won a superbowl in a long time and is going to lose Brady soon and retire - does his opinion really matter that much? All I have to say is that this last draft was the best one in over a decade - and Roseman HAS to be given at least some credit for that - THAT IS HIS PRIMARY JOB and clearly he ROCKED IT!!!

I need to find a new cliche

#25 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

>>FLF: What do think of the University of Nevada Reno prodigy about now? Did you watch the 9'ers-Packers game?

#26 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

>>sitko: is this a coincidence?

As Howie Roseman has gained in influence, responsibility and authority...the Eagles W-L record has plunged from 11-5 in 2009 to 4-12 in 2012.

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,324 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

http://www.nj.com/ea...ates_in_th.html

This list is saying that Gus Bradley and Bruce Arians look to be the 2 front runners for the HC job

#28 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

>>BG93: Arians pal, Tom Telesco just signed as GM in San Diego. Were I Arians, I'd like to be reunited with my friend for the Indy Colts ASAP...especially doing a team turn around. I think Arians is just what any team needs--EXPERIENCE--STABILITY--PROFESSIONALISM. I think Chargers have the edge with Telesco now in their FO.

Gus Bradley. Whats not to like? I think he'd a a leading candidate period...but the Accountants have been hot to hire a major college coach...for some reason ( presumably because Howie's NFL experience exceeds theirs). Were I Bradley, I am thinking about MY TEAM and PLAYERS in 2013 and the play-offs. I am not thinking about my next career move--as much as about my next gridiron adversary.

Belichick put PSU's O'Brien off the Eagles...and I think that "fact" is pretty well known around the NFL. Roseman is very aggressive when it comes to his personal advancement. Until he shows that he is a team player...he will be disliked and disrespected. I don't see Bradley as wanting to Captain a ship that has a divisive crew. I'd want a clean slate. (like Reid got in KC...) Can you imagine the fights when Gus decides to let go of Howie's sacred cow players. Not seeing a fit.

#29 Old Feathers

Old Feathers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Wow quite the job description!! Sure hope there's someone out there .Not sure I could take another season like the last one

#30 Trotter54

Trotter54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Lurie & Roseman are savvy men! They know the lay of the land and will bring in the right fit for our beloved Eagles! Just have too stay the course.