[Spadaro] No Need For Worry, Eagles Fans

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
216 replies to this topic

#211 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,798 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

@Eaglesny1 I couldn't have said any of it any  better.I agree with you 100%.

People tend to form opinions based on their personal likes or dislikes of  a particular person(s). If they don't like someone, than no matter how well they peform, it is never good enough. Will always bee seen as  failures. On the other hand it is just the opposite if they do like someone. That person can be the worse ever at holding down a particular position. But if he is well liked he will be seen as the greatest ever.  

I've sat through many a horrid coaching staff and ownerships in my 60 plus years of following this organization. Lurie is the ONLY owner who ever really tried to make this a respectable and likable place/team to want to come  be a part of.

Just by going bye the ages of many of todays fans ( via todays birthdays) many of them never sat through the Buddy Bell, or the Campells or the Toes or Braman ownerships. So they have nor real knowledge or experience of what a truely bad owner and coaching attempt is really like.  Becuase of that they have no real sense of how to value or appreciate what this owner has provided for todays fans.

When he has finally had enough of never being appreciated for his efforts and money spent  ( and it will happen) and sells the team, and we go back to the days prior to his ownership , than they will appreciate all that they had in Lurie & Co. But as the old saying goes, "you never miss the water til the well had run dry'.

#212 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

EAGLESNY1 get your facts correct, Jeffrey Lurie does not own the Miami Marlins. Jeff Loria does though. You were making some decent points until you got to the part where you were factually wrong. Come on Man. On your soap box writing a book on how much of a great owner he is, which I can't argue, he lets his football people work, but how much do you really know when you say the owner of your favorite football team owns another franchise, when really he does not. All good stuff but just not correct.

#213 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Everyone who posted on this board...raise you hand if anyone in the Eagles management asked you your opinion on who they should hire.

Thought so. And, they don't care what you want. Get over yourselves.

#214 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I am raising my hand right now. Come on grumpy you are posting on this site too. Don't take yourself so serious. I know they don't care, if they did they would have hired Jon Gruden 2 weeks ago. I love the guy who criticizes everyone else but does the exact same thing he criticizes those people for. I say hire just about anybody else but the list of candidates you have interviewed (except for Brian Kelly and Bill O'Brien) or are scheduled to interview. I KNOW management is listening.

#215 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Lurie said he won't leave a stone unturned and there are lots of stones, but is there time to look under EVERY ONE .Either he didn't get to the one J. Gruden is under  or he's afraid of whats under it. I know one thing he's probably the best fit but he hasn't even reached out to him from what they say and that is total BS

#216 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

JOHN NOT JAY

#217 jacka123

jacka123

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Just heard what they say is a rumor that they cannot verify, on WIP, that Gus Bradley has signed with the Eagles today.