Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonnyeagles12

Who would you take?

20 posts in this topic

If you could take any offensive player AND any defensive player to build a hypothetical team.

However, you can't take a QB, cos thats boring, so ignoring QB's.

I'd take Adrian Peterson and JJ Watt :D

Lesean McCoy and Brandon Graham.

you must be on crack.....

Reno Mahe and Jerome McDougal

Joe Thomas and JJ Watt.

Build from the trenches.

Aldon Smith>JJ Watt

You just say that because

Crack>Pot

Watt is the most compete defensive player in the league. Smith is a great pressure guy, but it ends there.

Aldon Smith>JJ Watt

I disagree. Smith is a great player,but he's a lot more effective when the other Smith ( Justin) is in the line up taking on double teams. Imo, Justin

is more valuable to that Niners defense than Aldon.

My choice would be JJ Watt and Calvin Johnson also. I'm going with Watt over Justin Smith simply due to the youth factor. If Justin was 25 again,he'd

be my pick. The Saints played the Niners in the Div,playoffs last year and doubled teamed him most of the game with a pair of All Pro Guards in

Carl Nicks and Jhari Evans. He still got consistent pressure on Drew Brees.

Offense: Adrian Peterson

Defense: Jared Allen

My hypothetical team has a 4-3 defense so I went with Allen (in his prime years ago, not right now). Of course, by going the "in his prime" route, I probably could have chose any player from years past but I stuck with Allen only becuase he is playing right now. So pretty much I made up my own qualifiers for this discussion lol

Aldon Smith>JJ Watt

:roll: Dumbest post of the century. Justin Smith eats double teams every play to free up Aldon, and he calls the stunts/twists. Watt is doubled every play, plays inside not out and puts up better numbers.

RG3 (before the injury) Luck (after the injury)

Von Miller

You always build with young players and never a RB. An RB's shelf life is so short you're only going to get 4-5 productive years and then he's done. Look at Chris Johnson & Matt Fort, they're on the decline already.