Photo
- - - - -

Ravens and falcons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Unknownbird

Unknownbird

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Wow!! Those two teams were so lucky this weekend!! Peyton gave the game up and in atlanta, the falcons blew a 20pt lead and the seahawks took the lead and gave it up in the last drive!! Wow!! Both will lose this weekend, falcons and ravens!!

#2 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,351 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

I wouldn't say the Ravens got lucky. They gave up a punt return for a touchdown and a kickoff return for a touchdown. How often does that usually happen?

I think the Ravens are dangerous right now. They are basically playing with house money. Everyone left them for dead and here they are in the AFCCG.

#3 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Team:49ers
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

The Falcons game seemed like a carbon copy (at the end, anyway) of a couple of their games this season. The Panthers game in Atlanta comes to mind. The Bears game too.

Whatever the case, that game left me less impressed with Atlanta than I already was. Up by 20 going into the fourth quarter at home and losing the lead? No excuse for that.

Specifically, they have no pass rush and their secondary can't tackle anybody. That may be the worst-tackling group I've seen all year, with the possible exception of Green Bay.

#4 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,781 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think we're going to see a Patriots/49ers superbowl.

As much as I'd like to see the Harbowl, can't see the Ravens going up to New England and beating Brady and the boys.

#5 Sleep

Sleep

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

The Ravens could be that team that just gets rolling at the right time. They've got a good history with Patriots and Brady has struggled mightily against them the last few match ups. Should be a good game.

Falcons on the other hand should bring the lube and stretch up.

#6 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,196 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yeah I think it's very possible the Ravens got one more in them.

#7 Eaglesdude55

Eaglesdude55

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

The patriots are a much better team than the Ravens. I'd be shocked if they didn't beat them next week.

#8 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

The Falcons game seemed like a carbon copy (at the end, anyway) of a couple of their games this season. The Panthers game in Atlanta comes to mind. The Bears game too.

Whatever the case, that game left me less impressed with Atlanta than I already was. Up by 20 going into the fourth quarter at home and losing the lead? No excuse for that.

Specifically, they have no pass rush and their secondary can't tackle anybody. That may be the worst-tackling group I've seen all year, with the possible exception of Green Bay.

Have you watched any Eagles games the past couple years?Our linebackers can't even tackle lol.

#9 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,196 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

The patriots are a much better team than the Ravens. I'd be shocked if they didn't beat them next week.

I don't see how you get to that conclusion. The Ravens have a slightly better defense and a MUCH better running game. The Ravens also throw the ball deep better than the Pats. Bellichek and Brady only give so much of an advantage.

#10 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

The Ravens have a chance. After what I saw from them on Sat night I cant bet against them. Flacco outplayed the Pats in last years AFCCG pnly to have his GW pass dropped by Lee Evens, then the potential game tying FG landed 2 states over by Cundiff.

Flacco outplayed Manning on Sat night also. Somehow they got it done and I see Ray-Ray and co wont let his career end in NE,

Flacco will get the Ravens to the SB this year IMO. Plus Gronkowski (sp?) will miss the game cause he re=broke his arm

Things are starting to fall in plaxe for the Ravens. They got the Colt monkey off thier back, then they knocked the Manning monkey off thier back. Now they will knock the Brady monkey off thier back.

Plus in the SB the Ravens will have a nice side-story in place. There is the Matt Ryan / Jow Flacco arguement b/c they both entered the leaufe in the 2008 fraft , and then theres the potential for the Harbaugh bowl. The brothers could coach against each other ig yje Ravens do indeed meet 49ers in the SB

#11 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,198 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Wow!! Those two teams were so lucky this weekend!! Peyton gave the game up and in atlanta, the falcons blew a 20pt lead and the seahawks took the lead and gave it up in the last drive!! Wow!! Both will lose this weekend, falcons and ravens!!

Ravens played a tough hard fought game start to finish. Atlanta completely CHOKED in the second half and got lucky because Pete Carroll froze the kicker. Ravens are riding momentum, Falcons riding luck. Falcons have been very arrogant and cocky all season. What about us, we get no respect. Time to prove it vs SF. I picked Baltimore/Atlanta back in the preseason to make the SB but now switching to Baltimore/SF.

#12 superdawk20

superdawk20

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Fan Since:conception

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

In all fairness, those saying Ravens have a better rush offense than Pats hasnt looked at the #'s. Pats are at 136.5 ypg, Ravens are at 118.8 ypg. Pats led league with 25 rush td's, Ravens had 17. I look for Pats to try to run on Ravens Early to set up pass later. But I still like Ravens to go to Superbowl via the big plays. As for the Falcons, unless lady luck stays on their side, I don't really see them standing a chance in game with S.F. Better run game,better Defense and If Kapernick plays as good as he did against Greenbay, this one could get ugly!

#13 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

The Pats secondary made some good open field tackles. Not use to seeing that!

#14 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ravens go if they play mistake free football. Starts with Flacco making good decisions and defense having a lot of 3 and outs.

#15 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I wouldn't say the Ravens got lucky. They gave up a punt return for a touchdown and a kickoff return for a touchdown. How often does that usually happen?

I think the Ravens are dangerous right now. They are basically playing with house money. Everyone left them for dead and here they are in the AFCCG.

They got Lucky
Ravens, the TD to tie the game was a chuck and pray and some how Flacco gets all the credit, when he should thank the Bronco's defense was Fing that up..
. Falcons, if that moron Pete had taken the 3 points instead of going for it on 4th down, instead of needing a FG to win Atlanta would need a TD...

#16 heavywchamp

heavywchamp

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,324 posts
  • Fan Since:Randall

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Pete Carrol screwed that game up 3 times! That early in the game u have to take the points. I don't know what they were doing with that epic AR/Eagles type screw up just before half. I hope the NFL bans that icing the kicker BS too next year. His only arguement was that the refs said they wouldn't allow a practice kick. Are you freaking kidding me? Just admit you made a boneheaded call when you call that timeout just before the kicker missed the fg that would've gave Sea the win. How did he explain his blunders to the team who fought so hard to get back in it and take the lead?

#17 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,936 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

The Ravens have the 2nd oldest team in the NFL, meanwhile the Broncos have the 2nd youngest (Might be 1st w/o Peyton dragging it down :roll: )

The fact that the Ravens won that game was amazing

#18 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I love how Atlanta is lucky. Apparenly luck means getting it done in the clutch over and over and over again. See you guys for your crow after the Falcons luck out against San Fran.

#19 skippyx

skippyx

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Sometimes it takes luck, effort and ability.
The Broncos choked all over the place but the Ravens still had to make big plays to take advantage of it.

#20 skippyx

skippyx

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Baltimore got lucky, and then they took advantage.

The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with the same formula.

The best SB match up never happened because of luck. (see Gary Anderson)

#21 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80,925 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

As much as I'd like to see the Pats win, I do think the Ravens win this weekend.

#22 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I love how Atlanta is lucky. Apparenly luck means getting it done in the clutch over and over and over again. See you guys for your crow after the Falcons luck out against San Fran.

Are you really gonna pump your chest that much? The Falcons weren't lucky in building a 27-7 lead, but they were lucky in not pissing it away. It's not like your precious Falcons were locked in a slobber knocker of a game, they actually had a commanding lead against a clearly exhausted team. And they still allowed them to come back. The Falcons were a silly timeout away from actually losing that game because Carrol f'd up. And then they actually f'd up the freaking kick off and gave the Seahawks yet another chance!

You really think the 49ers are gonna be that forgiving? Good lord, if I were you I'd take a win like that as humbly as I can because YES your team WAS lucky to escape a fireable debacle.

#23 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

As much as I'd like to see the Pats win, I do think the Ravens win this weekend.

Ya, I feel the magic surrounding the Ravens in the air, it's unavoidable. It's not gonna break my heart, because I think the Pats would be crushed by the 9ers in the Super Bowl anyway.

#24 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,953 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Whooooo!!! 1 playoff win! Start the parade already

#25 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts
  • Team:Ravens
  • Fan Since:age 10

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

NOT Luck. Guess you were asleep when the Ravens played.

#26 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Are you really gonna pump your chest that much? The Falcons weren't lucky in building a 27-7 lead, but they were lucky in not pissing it away. It's not like your precious Falcons were locked in a slobber knocker of a game, they actually had a commanding lead against a clearly exhausted team. And they still allowed them to come back. The Falcons were a silly timeout away from actually losing that game because Carrol f'd up. And then they actually f'd up the freaking kick off and gave the Seahawks yet another chance!

You really think the 49ers are gonna be that forgiving? Good lord, if I were you I'd take a win like that as humbly as I can because YES your team WAS lucky to escape a fireable debacle.

The Falcons didn't have John Abraham in the second half of that game, when he was in there, Seattle was shut out. Russell Wilson is amazing and that same Seattle team destroyed the 49ers just a few weeks ago yet Atlanta has no chance. Just like Atlanta had no chance against Seattle. Or the Giants. At what point does beating every team on your schedule get you any credit with you Fing idiots? Especially you, you are the biggest **** on this board. Did Matt Ryan F your girlfriend while he was at BC because you have a hard on for hating the Falcons, that's for sure.

#27 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ya, I feel the magic surrounding the Ravens in the air, it's unavoidable. It's not gonna break my heart, because I think the Pats would be crushed by the 9ers in the Super Bowl anyway.

um your D impresses me this year actually you could hang with the Niners. I saw Brady launch 28 points against them late. I also do not forget the two Titans games with your offense...

#28 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

The Niners D was a scary issue and demanded respect, now they have the offense to go with it. They are the team to beat IMHO. Good luck to any of us facing them,

#29 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

The Falcons didn't have John Abraham in the second half of that game, when he was in there, Seattle was shut out. Russell Wilson is amazing and that same Seattle team destroyed the 49ers just a few weeks ago yet Atlanta has no chance. Just like Atlanta had no chance against Seattle. Or the Giants. At what point does beating every team on your schedule get you any credit with you Fing idiots? Especially you, you are the biggest **** on this board. Did Matt Ryan F your girlfriend while he was at BC because you have a hard on for hating the Falcons, that's for sure.

I definitely don't like them, they blow lots of hot air...just not a very likeable team/franchise/city. Matt Ryan did F my girlfriend, I gave him my sloppy seconds so not too bothered about that. Chris Clemons was out of the game for the Seahawks, so that equalizes your stupid theory about Abraham.

I guess we just don't buy what your team is selling, we're just calling them frauds...there has been many many frauds in the NFL over many years. We'll see if your team is legit this Sunday. In the meantime, at least make an attempt at being humble in victory. You and many fraud arse Falcons fans are the reason the country isn't enamored by your BS team.

#30 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I am not anti Atlanta but they are not showing me anything, had Seattle played normal in the 1st half it would have been over. That said the Falcons were very good at home and even some road games, however the team that I expected. had starting showing up after game 12.. Imagine if the Gmen went into Atlanta this weekend, ,,,,,would have been torched beyond imagination.

None of us opposing fans see anything positive with the Texans and Falcons.. until they prove it..