Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknownbird

Ravens and falcons

36 posts in this topic

Wow!! Those two teams were so lucky this weekend!! Peyton gave the game up and in atlanta, the falcons blew a 20pt lead and the seahawks took the lead and gave it up in the last drive!! Wow!! Both will lose this weekend, falcons and ravens!!

I wouldn't say the Ravens got lucky. They gave up a punt return for a touchdown and a kickoff return for a touchdown. How often does that usually happen?

I think the Ravens are dangerous right now. They are basically playing with house money. Everyone left them for dead and here they are in the AFCCG.

1 person likes this

The Falcons game seemed like a carbon copy (at the end, anyway) of a couple of their games this season. The Panthers game in Atlanta comes to mind. The Bears game too.

Whatever the case, that game left me less impressed with Atlanta than I already was. Up by 20 going into the fourth quarter at home and losing the lead? No excuse for that.

Specifically, they have no pass rush and their secondary can't tackle anybody. That may be the worst-tackling group I've seen all year, with the possible exception of Green Bay.

1 person likes this

I think we're going to see a Patriots/49ers superbowl.

As much as I'd like to see the Harbowl, can't see the Ravens going up to New England and beating Brady and the boys.

The Ravens could be that team that just gets rolling at the right time. They've got a good history with Patriots and Brady has struggled mightily against them the last few match ups. Should be a good game.

Falcons on the other hand should bring the lube and stretch up.

Yeah I think it's very possible the Ravens got one more in them.

The patriots are a much better team than the Ravens. I'd be shocked if they didn't beat them next week.

The Falcons game seemed like a carbon copy (at the end, anyway) of a couple of their games this season. The Panthers game in Atlanta comes to mind. The Bears game too.

Whatever the case, that game left me less impressed with Atlanta than I already was. Up by 20 going into the fourth quarter at home and losing the lead? No excuse for that.

Specifically, they have no pass rush and their secondary can't tackle anybody. That may be the worst-tackling group I've seen all year, with the possible exception of Green Bay.

Have you watched any Eagles games the past couple years?Our linebackers can't even tackle lol.
1 person likes this

The patriots are a much better team than the Ravens. I'd be shocked if they didn't beat them next week.

I don't see how you get to that conclusion. The Ravens have a slightly better defense and a MUCH better running game. The Ravens also throw the ball deep better than the Pats. Bellichek and Brady only give so much of an advantage.

The Ravens have a chance. After what I saw from them on Sat night I cant bet against them. Flacco outplayed the Pats in last years AFCCG pnly to have his GW pass dropped by Lee Evens, then the potential game tying FG landed 2 states over by Cundiff.

Flacco outplayed Manning on Sat night also. Somehow they got it done and I see Ray-Ray and co wont let his career end in NE,

Flacco will get the Ravens to the SB this year IMO. Plus Gronkowski (sp?) will miss the game cause he re=broke his arm

Things are starting to fall in plaxe for the Ravens. They got the Colt monkey off thier back, then they knocked the Manning monkey off thier back. Now they will knock the Brady monkey off thier back.

Plus in the SB the Ravens will have a nice side-story in place. There is the Matt Ryan / Jow Flacco arguement b/c they both entered the leaufe in the 2008 fraft , and then theres the potential for the Harbaugh bowl. The brothers could coach against each other ig yje Ravens do indeed meet 49ers in the SB

1 person likes this

Wow!! Those two teams were so lucky this weekend!! Peyton gave the game up and in atlanta, the falcons blew a 20pt lead and the seahawks took the lead and gave it up in the last drive!! Wow!! Both will lose this weekend, falcons and ravens!!

Ravens played a tough hard fought game start to finish. Atlanta completely CHOKED in the second half and got lucky because Pete Carroll froze the kicker. Ravens are riding momentum, Falcons riding luck. Falcons have been very arrogant and cocky all season. What about us, we get no respect. Time to prove it vs SF. I picked Baltimore/Atlanta back in the preseason to make the SB but now switching to Baltimore/SF.

1 person likes this

In all fairness, those saying Ravens have a better rush offense than Pats hasnt looked at the #'s. Pats are at 136.5 ypg, Ravens are at 118.8 ypg. Pats led league with 25 rush td's, Ravens had 17. I look for Pats to try to run on Ravens Early to set up pass later. But I still like Ravens to go to Superbowl via the big plays. As for the Falcons, unless lady luck stays on their side, I don't really see them standing a chance in game with S.F. Better run game,better Defense and If Kapernick plays as good as he did against Greenbay, this one could get ugly!

The Pats secondary made some good open field tackles. Not use to seeing that!

Ravens go if they play mistake free football. Starts with Flacco making good decisions and defense having a lot of 3 and outs.

I wouldn't say the Ravens got lucky. They gave up a punt return for a touchdown and a kickoff return for a touchdown. How often does that usually happen?

I think the Ravens are dangerous right now. They are basically playing with house money. Everyone left them for dead and here they are in the AFCCG.

They got Lucky

Ravens, the TD to tie the game was a chuck and pray and some how Flacco gets all the credit, when he should thank the Bronco's defense was Fing that up..

. Falcons, if that moron Pete had taken the 3 points instead of going for it on 4th down, instead of needing a FG to win Atlanta would need a TD...

Pete Carrol screwed that game up 3 times! That early in the game u have to take the points. I don't know what they were doing with that epic AR/Eagles type screw up just before half. I hope the NFL bans that icing the kicker BS too next year. His only arguement was that the refs said they wouldn't allow a practice kick. Are you freaking kidding me? Just admit you made a boneheaded call when you call that timeout just before the kicker missed the fg that would've gave Sea the win. How did he explain his blunders to the team who fought so hard to get back in it and take the lead?

The Ravens have the 2nd oldest team in the NFL, meanwhile the Broncos have the 2nd youngest (Might be 1st w/o Peyton dragging it down :roll: )

The fact that the Ravens won that game was amazing

I love how Atlanta is lucky. Apparenly luck means getting it done in the clutch over and over and over again. See you guys for your crow after the Falcons luck out against San Fran.

Sometimes it takes luck, effort and ability.

The Broncos choked all over the place but the Ravens still had to make big plays to take advantage of it.

Baltimore got lucky, and then they took advantage.

The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with the same formula.

The best SB match up never happened because of luck. (see Gary Anderson)

As much as I'd like to see the Pats win, I do think the Ravens win this weekend.

I love how Atlanta is lucky. Apparenly luck means getting it done in the clutch over and over and over again. See you guys for your crow after the Falcons luck out against San Fran.

Are you really gonna pump your chest that much? The Falcons weren't lucky in building a 27-7 lead, but they were lucky in not pissing it away. It's not like your precious Falcons were locked in a slobber knocker of a game, they actually had a commanding lead against a clearly exhausted team. And they still allowed them to come back. The Falcons were a silly timeout away from actually losing that game because Carrol f'd up. And then they actually f'd up the freaking kick off and gave the Seahawks yet another chance!

You really think the 49ers are gonna be that forgiving? Good lord, if I were you I'd take a win like that as humbly as I can because YES your team WAS lucky to escape a fireable debacle.

As much as I'd like to see the Pats win, I do think the Ravens win this weekend.

Ya, I feel the magic surrounding the Ravens in the air, it's unavoidable. It's not gonna break my heart, because I think the Pats would be crushed by the 9ers in the Super Bowl anyway.

Whooooo!!! 1 playoff win! Start the parade already

NOT Luck. Guess you were asleep when the Ravens played.