Photo

[News] As We All Wait And Wonder ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,610 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

The Eagles continued their thorough search for a new head coach on Monday, interviewing Cincinnati offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and former Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt, adding more names to a thick stack ...

View the full article

#2 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Spuds, did you change the title again??

#3 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yawn

#4 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

How about adressing what the media is saying about Roseman Spuds? What's your take on all that?

#5 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Woody, you still here??

#6 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

PPW...What's your take on all this "conjecture"?

#7 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

D25, whatever are you saying? Roseman may be a roadblock?

It all adds up to one conclusion;

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...disgustedfan26...

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

"We're just all impatient, right?" Hell yes I am impatient I want a new HC(mainly I want Bradley) I hate this waiting game BS

Hire Gus Bradley
sign FA Byrd
draft Star

And I believe things will start to look up atleast for me :) lol

#9 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

It definitely feels very ominous PPW.

BG...It feels like they have no idea what they are doing. I mean, who else could they be waiting for now? The only ones I could possibly see are Roman and Fangio...But neither one of them are really being pursued by any team. I think Roman was mentioned a couple times but I haven't heard a peep about Fangio...

"We're just all impatient, right?" Hell yes I am impatient I want a new HC(mainly I want Bradley) I hate this waiting game BS

Hire Gus Bradley
sign FA Byrd
draft Star

And I believe things will start to look up atleast for me :) lol

THIS!!!!!!!!

#10 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Disgusted....I still believe we will see a HC hired sometime in the next couple of days.... Right now I think Philly will wait until after the interview with Arians on Tuesday before they make a decision and go after whoever and hire him

#11 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

BG, I think we all want the best of the best for this team-and we always have and will want that. Unfortunately, this isn't the reality these days. Brace your self for many dismal seasons ahead while we play "HC musical chairs". Watch in horror as talent leaves here only to be successful elsewhere. Shake your head in disgust as the FO makes moves that leave common sense behind. Hide your Eagle gear as we become the laughing stock of the entire league (which, by the way, we are nearing even as I write this).

#12 bnax716

bnax716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I am ata the point where we need a head coach and staff being as thuo sr bowl game is next week we need hard core ol and a better dl cause they always get banded up it was not like tht when late greate jim johnson I hope they make the right choice by then or our draft picks r going to be nothing.

#13 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Great googly moogly PPW. You're painting the Eagles as the Deadskins of the past 20 years. Very scary premonition....

#14 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

http://gcobb.com/201...hing-candidate/

Adam Schefter is saying Gus Bradley is the Eagles leading candidate as of now lol

#15 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

PPW...I refuse to think like that if it happens it happens but I will stay positive about the future even if it looks really dim

#16 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Well I don't know what 'googly moogly' means but I have fallen victim to the 'doom and gloom' feeling.

#17 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

>>PPW: Gus is a "hot commodity" right about now. There is no rush for him to rise to the HC position unless it is a situation that he thinks in "right". He can always continue as DC in Seattle--and as that team matures--continue to make play-off runs

Eagles must convince Gus that he'll do better than AR 8-8 & 4-12 with exactly the same front office, scouts and support apparatus as Andy Reid enjoyed in 2011 and 2012. That will be an interesting sell.

Basically telling Gus..."we gave AR the keys to a brand new Ferrari and year 1 he drove it into the ditch...and year 2 he hit a phone pole and then rolled into the ditch...But, we know you'll do great"

#18 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Disgusted: I think Spuds is a vexed and annoyed as the rest of us at the "machinations" of Lurie's process to find a successor to AR. Spuds hasn't mentioned the ODOR around the Eagles...and Jason LaCanfora's story sure got a ton of attention in the rest of the media.

Howie must be seething and embarrassed. Right before LaCanfora's story about Howie the Road Block....Reuben Frank reports that LaCanfora phoned Roseman to get confirmation on the Eagles meeting with Billick. Roseman gave him the lawyer jive and no information. Then LaCanfora writes his story...which is basically that Belichick told O'Brien that Roseman is difficult...and who knows where the 'power drunk' parts comes from...

Typical Howie...shows NO RESPECT for anyone. And, wonders why people have a problem with him.

Lurie's mistake was giving him too much authority too quickly. It will end badly. Tom Cable might be the future HC...and whats left of Howie will end up in the Nova Care Laundry in a big washing machine on SPIN for about 10 hours....

#19 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I'm anxious to see who the new hire will be but at the same time the Eagles clearly have an ideal candidate that they have yet to meet. There is a lot of talent on this team and I will be looking forward to next season with high hopes.

#20 bnax716

bnax716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Let's take an pole who do u think or know is better for our EAGLES and y I sat back and read everyone comment and blogs and some of them is not good puttint our EAGLES down.

#21 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Tom Cable? TOM CABLE??? I just went down several notches on the doom and gloom meter over that one. Please no.

#22 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Jwood, Tom Cable, LOL, I got that 1.

Howie must of rubbed Lacanfora the wrong way, He's a young GM trying to gain respect and obviously Pissed some people off along the way.

#23 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

>>mike1023: Maybe I am too hard to Howie? You think? In my career, I have come across a couple of "Howies"--and had to work with them...ONE WAY STREET. Being older and wiser, I now recognize them and avoid them. Jillionaires like Jeffrey Lurie always manage to have a Howie on staff someplace.They are power-seekers.

#24 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

>>Bnax: if you are asking who I'd pick as HC and why...here it goes...

1.> Jon Gruden. He knows Philly and has worked there. Super motivated, take no prisoners style.
2.> Lovie Smith. Proven HC. Needs help with Offense. Players and assistants esteem him
3.> Gus Bradley. Hot, up & coming HC prospect. Killer Defense. Players play hard for him.
4.> Bruce Arians. Interim HC for Colts and Luck. Ex Temple HC--Philly connection.
5.> Mike McCoy. Denvers OC. Peyton Manning makes everyone look great.

Candidates I would not take as HC

1.> Ken Whisenhunt--but maybe as assist HC and coordinator
2.> Brian Billick--figure head only. smart guy. not a coach any longer
3.> Marty Mornhinweg. NEVER under any circumstance

#25 erin7797

erin7797

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

All I can say is that Jeffrey Lurie better fix the issue and hire a credible head coach - not a re-tread... If you are going to charge the prices you are charging then put a respectable coach and team on the field....

#26 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Woody, No way! This guy has to be held accountable. The story's are starting to come out that he's difficult to work with so there is a lot of truth there . Lacanfora seemed like he had a personal thing against Howie that's all I was saying.

In fact we should be even harder on him!

#27 subelectricco

subelectricco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

After hearing about the bad coaching that went on this weekend your just not going to find mr perfect.Things will go wrong things will go right but just get ready for the mistakes when they come.In the end if we can get a half decent coach thats all we need as long as the players step up and play better so with that said lets get a coach that can fire up the team that will get in the face of a player acking soft.We have so many players that think their pretty that think their fashion modles come on man this is football not a talent show evey time you make a play.I think Andy should of never stopped yelling at his players like he did to Jenkins on the sidelines who should of never got up in the face of Andy.We have a fan base that will love you as long as you play with passion not salsa dancing but Bdawk the type of passion that can inspire the kids on this team to play with their heart not with their swagg .

#28 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thoughts on Roster Changes
starter = projected starter.
camp = bring to camp and let them compete.
cut=gone.

Quarterbacks
Running Backs

Wide Receivers

Tight Ends

#29 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,843 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I'm not as caught up on who the HC is but more of the whole package. Strong offensive and defensive coordinators and any new ST coach will surely be an upgrade. Right down the line. I want a coach who can bring in a strong line coach and lbs coach etc.. I believe the assistants are probably more important than the figurehead. Getting a guy to come in and be the Boss should be relatively easy but to get a stud as a secondary coach that's what gets teams over the top.

#30 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Defensive Linemen
Defensive BacksSpecial Teams