[News] As We All Wait And Wonder ...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#31 Truth

Truth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

jwood -- Cedric Thornton was disruptive all year.  Like Cox, but smaller wallet.  He'll stay

#32 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

No disrespect but how can you even begin to look at the roster when you have no idea what the system will be. Some obvious conclusions can be drawn eg. MV being cut. Of my many years of seeing would testify even the guys we think should be starters then they don't show up well at camp. I love Herraman's and what he has done for this team but he clearly didn't come into camp this year with his A game. Dixon I had high hopes for him to take that next step up and he came in and fell on his face.

#33 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postmike1023, on 14 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Woody, No way! This guy has to be held accountable. The story's are starting to come out that he's difficult to work with so there is a lot of truth there . Lacanfora seemed like he had a personal thing against Howie that's all I was saying.

In fact we should be even harder on him!

No only LaCanfora.
Eagles Scouts went into an uproar when Lurie "streamlined" the personnel evaluations and everything runs through Howie.
Leonard Weaver was dissed by Howie
Mike Patterson was dissed by Howie

and we should assume where there is SMOKE...there is also FIRE.

#34 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

>>Ham: offered as discussion material only. website won't let me post IR and Practice Squad guys. my "cuts" are about who I think is REPLACEABLE & UPGRADEABLE.

The large amount of cuts reflect the lack of depth that I see on roster.

No one is ready to step up and be a starter or even PUSH for a starting role.

WEAK ROSTER MANAGEMENT

Off all my cuts and camp cuts--you show me the guys who will push for a starter's job next season...show me just 1...!!

#35 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well that's easy you don't even have a starting Safety so obviously someone will challenge for the starting job. Sims I think fits the bill as well as anyone on the current roster. Reynolds is probably the starter at this point. The team invested heavily in his learning curve being accelerated. But the point is how can I say? It won't be Mudd's scheme so in a totally different philosophy of OLine blocking who is the favorite in an unknown way of doing things. I really don't think OLine coaches preach Mudd's philosophy. The team could go 3-4 defense which would change most everything. There are just too many variables to even contemplate what the roster will look like. Unfortunately you can't bring in 20 starters this offseason so that is a limitation as well.

I appreciate the well thought out attempt all the same

#36 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

My post would be a bit shorter. replaceable and upgradeable. All are in the discussion. Shady would be one of the best players on the team but I would say that RBs have a short shelf life and this team is rebuilding so I would trade him(if someone is willing to offer a second round or better pick) to help move the rebuilding process along

Who is untradeable? Is this team competing for a championship next year? No. Rebuilding is the dreaded word for this franchise. And here it is.

Living in denial and thinking this team can bounce right back and compete for a championship next year could sink the franchise for a decade

#37 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Woody, Just wondering what your thoughts on Asomugha are,Can he still start in this leauge? Good list though, maybe a couple players I would like to hold on to for Depth,but they wouldn't challenge any starters and that's the point.

#38 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

open competition is "UNDERRATED"

#39 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Dixon came in completely unmotivated this year. Every cut you have pretty much out performed him this year. We all want his fat a** to be the guy but he needs to have that drive and so far he hasn't

#40 JeromeBrown99

JeromeBrown99

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Woody))) Well.... you got Henery right... but that was it.

#41 JeromeBrown99

JeromeBrown99

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Woody))) Remember when the media said no team would trade with Howie? Then he made bunches of trades back to back to back?

Dont be a slave to the media.

#42 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Bradley has second interview tomorrow!!!!

#43 VinMan2

VinMan2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

For Howie..ime will tell, it always does.  Amazing how just two years ago, everyone wanted the player here and coach here, I hope that vibe is still vibrant.

#44 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

VinMan2, think that was "The Mike Vick effect" that had everyone and their mother wanting a roster spot on this team and then 2011 happened and you know the rest.

#45 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Hope we land him disgustedfan, any ideas who he would bring in on offense?

#46 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hoping QB coach from GB Ben McAdoo.

#47 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I've heard Tom Cable's name thrown around and also Pep Hamilton's from stanford

But again, these are just conjectures.  Lord only knows who he would bring...

#48 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

hamilton could be a very good fit

#49 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

>>JB99: where have you been hiding? been to Las Vegas lately?

#50 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

>>JB99: Howie's best deal with Kolb to AZ. He got not much for Asante or McNabb. Think we'll know definitively 2 seasons from now. AR was an "unknown" plucked from "obscurity" when Lurie hired him as HC. So, there is precedent in hiring an under qualified,but bright guy an waiting for him to blossom. Meanwhile, Howie is very thorny.

#51 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

>>mike1023: Honestly, don't know what to make of Asomugha. He played decently in several games. In others he was pretty vulnerable and appeared unmotivated. Hard to accept unmotivated from a 'professional'...its that circumstance when motivation is hard to find that a pro just finds it and gets the job done. Asomugha wasn't professional in his approach to playing for the Eagles. Unlikely Sheldon Brown who'd give it 101% even when he was only 75%.

Money is another factor. He'll have to restructure. If Eagles say adios, its a big dead money hit. Howie made the deal.

The press seemed to like Asomugha. He was always available for the media--but never offered much insight.

I think team is stuck with him for another season. Maybe he plays better for a less conflicted coaching staff....

#52 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Reuben Frank seems pretty certain that Eagles will try to get a deal done with Gus Bradley in next 48 hours. Just one mans opinion.

#53 mike1023

mike1023

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Woody, don't know if his skills have declined, the coaches just didn't use him right or he didn't put his work in, but  if they bring in a good coach to light a fire under him maybe he improves. Lets face it secondary players are not growing on tree's now a days , So a motivated Cromartie and Aso, might be are only choice and Lets not talk about the safeties.

#54 johnny333

johnny333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

So, now, one of the candidates is off the list.  McCoy, a guy who was able to adjust his offense to two different QBs, based on very different talent sets (over the last two years) and who has been a QB and a QB coach in this league (like Reid--over most successful coach in Eagles history) is off the list.  I am wondering why they didn't consider the guy that the Bears are interviewing--Trestman--who seems to know how to develop QBs--which seems to make or break you in this league.

Maybe Bradley is the guy they are enamored with, though our history with defensive-focused guys as head coach hasn't been a good as the offensive minded ones.  I just hope they don't wait too long tto make their choice as we start watching the most viable candidates starting to disappear.