Photo
- - - - -

A Dose of Road Reality - Baltimore Ravens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 skippyx

skippyx

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

The Ravens have been a mess on the road this year (not counting the Denver choke job and the Cincy scrimmage)
They went 4-3

Wins:
13-10 over Byron Leftwich.
9-6 over 2-14 KC.
25-15 over 5-11 Cleveland
16-13 after a miracle 4th and 29 at 7-9 San Diego

Loses:
24-23 at Philly.
31-28 in OT at DC
43-13 at Houston

Does any of that inspire confidence leading up to Sunday?

#2 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,194 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

It's a championship game, all those little stats go out the window for me.

#3 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Fully expecting another loss in a championship game for the Ravens.

#4 CountBlah

CountBlah

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,369 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Expect a loss, really hoping for a win though.

#5 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

The Ravens have been a mess on the road this year (not counting the Denver choke job and the Cincy scrimmage)
They went 4-3

Wins:
9-6 over 2-14 KC.

Loses:
24-23 at Philly.
31-28 in OT at DC
43-13 at Houston

In the playoffs no regular season records matter anymore. The only way that the regular season has an effect on the playoffs is the seeding. Other then that the regular season means nothing. Remember when we went to 4 straight NFCCG's? We were the best team in the regular season in 3 of the 4 years and only 1 time we made it to the SB.

The Giants proved in 2008 and last year that regular seasons dont matter, same with the Packers 2 years ago. All that matters is who is the hottest and who is the healthy'ist IMO

#6 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Fully expecting another loss in a championship game for the Ravens.

Its going to be a close game just like it was in last years AFCCG, this time the Pats wont have Gronk now. Thats a major loss for the Pats.

I truley think the Ravens will win this game. It just seems like everything is falling perfectly into place for the Ravens to win the SB. Also Ed Reed is from NO., with that said I really think that if the Ravens do indeed win the SB Ray is retiring as we already know, but I also think there is a great chance that Reed is gone also. He has been like Brett Farve the last 2-3 seasons and hints at retiring all summer then comes to camp. I truley think if they win he will offically retire.

I cant imagine a Ravens defense without Leiwis and/or Ed Reed. The Ravens need to send these to guys out with a title

#7 vsptroops

vsptroops

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

all of those road stats are irrelevant once you get to the conference championship games- especially between these 2 teams. the ravens always play them tough, and if it werent for a drop by their receiver last year, they would have gone to the super bowl.

#8 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

all of those road stats are irrelevant once you get to the conference championship games- especially between these 2 teams. the ravens always play them tough, and if it werent for a drop by their receiver last year, they would have gone to the super bowl.

Bingo. And what really sucked was that Joe Flacco completley outplayed Tom Brady by a Mile IMO. He drove them sown the feild and threw a perfest pass to Lee Evens in the EZ only to have him drop it with 30secs left or so then the FG that landed in Cananda

Thats 2 times in the last 2 rod playoff games that Joe Flacco was down with under 2mins to play and both times he drove the team down the feild. One time they tied it and then won in double OT, then the other-- like I said he threw the perfect ball only to have it dropped then the FG miss. He has been great when the big games come around the last 2-3 seasons. Sadly he wont get any credit until he gets over the hump and gets to and wins a SB IMO

#9 vsptroops

vsptroops

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Bingo. And what really sucked was that Joe Flacco completley outplayed Tom Brady by a Mile IMO. He drove them sown the feild and threw a perfest pass to Lee Evens in the EZ only to have him drop it with 30secs left or so then the FG that landed in Cananda

Thats 2 times in the last 2 rod playoff games that Joe Flacco was down with under 2mins to play and both times he drove the team down the feild. One time they tied it and then won in double OT, then the other-- like I said he threw the perfect ball only to have it dropped then the FG miss. He has been great when the big games come around the last 2-3 seasons. Sadly he wont get any credit until he gets over the hump and gets to and wins a SB IMO

i agree. i dont know if its just me or not but both flacco and ryan came out of the same draft class but flacco has had waaayyyy more playoff success than "matty ice", but it seems like flacco is the one that gets dumped on more out of the two.

#10 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,504 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I think the Ravens come thru considering the Patriots dont have Gronk.

#11 Injured_Reserve

Injured_Reserve

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,034 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

ravens gotta be tired though

#12 redrum52

redrum52

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Team:Ravens

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

They went 4-3

Wins:
9-6 over 2-14 KC.

Loses:
24-23 at Philly.
31-28 in OT at DC
43-13 at Houston

Foxboro is the Ravens 2nd Vacation home after Heinz field. Blew them out in 10 in the playoffs but most of the games come down to the wire with Joe Flacco putting up equal or better numbers than Brady. Joe's worst game against the Patriots was the game the Ravens blew them out.

#13 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Ravens are going to give a valiant effort but playing five quarters last week and the travel will get to them by the 4th quarter. I say this with absolutely hating the Patriots.

#14 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Fan Since:age 10

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

We may be old but we had the extra's days rest and Ray Ray has willed the team and so has Joe, Ed, Rice, Suggs, etc:) I am cautious nonetheless..vs the Pats.

#15 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

We may be old but we had the extra's days rest and Ray Ray has willed the team and so has Joe, Ed, Rice, Suggs, etc:) I am cautious nonetheless..vs the Pats.

Man, I hope you guys win but I just don't see it. Here's to me being wrong!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Man, I hope you guys win but I just don't see it. Here's to me being wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Eagle.
We are able to play well in Foxboro at least as our second home, but the Pats will be buzzing for revenge after losing 2 rings to Blue.

#17 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,686 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I think the Ravens come thru considering the Patriots dont have Gronk.

The Pats ain't gonna lose just because Gronk isn't playing. Be realistic please. They still have many other weapons.

#18 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,193 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Not sure why everyone is so willing to write of the Ravens in this. They were this close to winning the AFCCG last year if not for a bad drop by Evans and a horrible missed FG and they beat the Pats earlier this year. It won't be an easy game for either team but lets not pretend that the Ravens don't stand a chance.

#19 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Not sure why everyone is so willing to write of the Ravens in this. They were this close to winning the AFCCG last year if not for a bad drop by Evans and a horrible missed FG and they beat the Pats earlier this year. It won't be an easy game for either team but lets not pretend that the Ravens don't stand a chance.

Old, tired after 5 quarters of football and the new-look Pats offense runs a play every 21 seconds, that is why people feel the Pats will win. I think they will to but man, oh man, will I be rooting for the Ravens.

#20 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,194 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Who's everyone? It sure as hell is not the vibe I'm getting.

#21 Bravens1

Bravens1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

We all see this as a 31-27 kinda game close to the end..