Photo

[News] Report: Chargers Close To Hiring McCoy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,879 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

According to a report, the Chargers are close to hiring Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as their next head coach.

View the full article

#2 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

This we saw coming... The only impact this has on us is that Bradley interviewed there as well, so if Bradley was thinking about SD that is now off the table. Just hoping the Eagles Front Office get this thing done today.

#3 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

The Eagles front office doesn't care what you're hoping. Nor do they care who you think should be head coach. Who is "us?" You a part owner of the team? The only folks who have the right to use "us," in connection with any professional team, are the owners, employees and season ticket holders. For all others, the Eagles is just the team you have a rooting interest in. If you're in one of those categories, I apologize. Otherwise, stop it.

#4 flewistown

flewistown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

The only folks who have the right to use "us," in connection with any professional team, are the owners, employees and season ticket holders. one big fat WRONG!!!!!!!!!

#5 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Get this deal done today

#6 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I have to agree with Dave here, I dislike it when people start saying that "we" should have beat that team or "we" have to do better. To that I always ask "what position do you play for the Eagles again?" On the other hand, I am glad that the Chargers did not get Bradley. That would have dampened my day. One thing I do disagree with Dave over is that the front office does care about the decision of who the next HC will be. If it is one that the Eagles' fanbase doesn't agree with, then that could mean a big loss in revenue for next season.

#7 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

McCoy's off the table:

http://espn.go.com/n...go-chargers-job

#8 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

So, flewistown , besides posting on boards and buying premiums, what connection do you have to the team? I'm a fan, don't make you any part of "us." What have you contributed to the Eagles success or failures over the, let's say, last 30 years? And, yelling at your TV doesn't count. Just like no one from the Eagles management reads what you post, they can't hear you in your living room or at the local pub.

#9 DruSkee

DruSkee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Lurie and them need to stop beating around the bush and hire Gus today. I don't see any of the other guys being the answer. Look what Gus did with Sherman and Browner made two nobody's into two good corners that the next coordinator in Seattle already has. He can get Nnamdi and DRC playing good again as well as the defense as a whole.

#10 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

welp...hop on the gus bus....no need to be coy McCoy

#11 slick1234

slick1234

Practice Squad