Photo

[News] Report: Bradley To Arrive In Afternoon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,187 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

The Gus Bus is scheduled to arrive in Philadelphia around 2:30 PM according to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News.

View the full article

#2 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Get a deal done. He needs to get started to correct the many flaws ole Big Red left him with this team.

#3 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

The press is really falling all over themselves today aren't they. Must be a slow sports news day.

#4 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Let the Gus Bus come rolling in and win next season!

#5 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

JEFF AND HOWIETIME TO GET IN THE BUS OR IT MIGHT LEAVE WITHOUT YOU

#6 morphius12812003

morphius12812003

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I love it, lol the "Gus Bus"

I would assume if all goes well, they will contact his agent and try to get a deal done within a day. No sense in dragging it out. Also, he would have a much better situation here, than having to truly rebuild that franchise in Jax.

#7 dwriccci2362

dwriccci2362

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

My feeling is that if its taking until 2:30 PM for him to arrive here instead of arriving earlier this morning he must of been making arrangements at home for his family and that this deal should be done by the morning.A tell tail sign will be if his wife gets off the plane with him. Just want to see this deal done.

#8 Eagle_in_ATL

Eagle_in_ATL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'll be shocked if they go with a Defensive guy. I too am eager for this guy to get here. Chage in coach could = change in scheme, which could = change in personnel and draft tactics. He needs to hit the ground and start running. A decision needs to be made on MV7, DRC, and even Nnamdi. A new o-line needs to be built if we're getting away from Mudd's zone scheme. Time to move guys, time to move.

#9 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

"Although Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is scheduled to have a second interview with the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday regarding the Eagles' head-coaching vacancy, no decision has been made regarding that hire, NFL.com reported.
There had been rumors that Bradley had already accepted an offer to be the Eagles head coach, and he appears to be the front-runner, but no deal is imminent, according to the NFL.com report.
The Eagles have interviewed a lot of candidates to fill the vacancy left when Andy Reid was dismissed. Philadelphia met with former Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden on Monday, and neither interview led to an offer."

#10 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Not excited at all, I think we have more problems than he is capable of fixing. His resume doesn't scream "win now" nor "win Later". I see him here 2yrs max and gets canned. They need to keep looking before they jump on this bus. Seattle gave up lots of points this season and without the stellar play of their offense, this guy wouldn't even be talked about, same with McCoy. But that's how it works sometimes I guess.

#11 waitin 4 a ring

waitin 4 a ring

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I hope this guy knows what he's doing. if they do sign him. not my first choice but will give him a chance we need a championship but have alot of decisions to make regarding players,coachs hopefully whoever is are new coach will give us a more balance attack.

#12 Dutchrubb

Dutchrubb

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Whole9,
You want to check those stats again? Bradley's Seahawks gave up a league best 15.3 poits average per game this year.

#13 jamesconnrules

jamesconnrules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

get him a deal thats the man

liked jon gruden too

#14 ackid38

ackid38

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts
  • Fan Since:69

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

@whole9....Seahawks gave up allot of points?..they led the league in not giving up points.They scored some poi nts also...but the D got them out of allot of problems.Im not thrilled with this choice either.but he will definately make the D work...i just hope he can find an OC that can get us some points.yea it might not be an overnight success.but if he's the guy than we need to give it a chance.

#15 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yeah they led the league stopping points, but didn't spend a lot of time on the field either which that stat is helped by the offense. Okay I give you that, what about previous years? Is there anything that suggests that this guy is ready to take the challenge of the this team, division, fan base? I just don't see it, as a DC, bring him on, as a HC he is probably the highest risk out there besides Jay Gruden.

#16 mpo506

mpo506

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I agree with going for a defensive coach because that's what really needs to be rebuilt, but I would go with Lovie Smith. At least you know he has experience taking a team deep into the playoffs. With Bradley, I'm a little concerned with how his Seahawks defense did against Atlanta and wondering whether or not he'll be able to win in the playoffs.

#17 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

YAWN

#18 Cyix

Cyix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Fan Since:Interests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Love the idea of Gus wearing green. Also how does Ian Rapoport still have a job?

#19 ackid38

ackid38

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,218 posts
  • Fan Since:69

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

as per wikipedia...Gus Bradley is the New Head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_Bradley............Is this true or did someone really have allot of time on their hands today to write this page on WIKI

#20 bdcgreen4life

bdcgreen4life

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

ackid, there is absolutely no reference to bradley being new head coach for the eagles. it was a premature article when the decision came out that he was coming back for a 2nd interview. they have since updated wiki. now there is no mention or connection of him being the new coach