[News] Report: Bradley To Speak With Jaguars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,584 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Wednesday morning that Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley will travel to Jacksonville to interview for their head coaching position.

View the full article

#2 Eagle1960

Eagle1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

By all accounts Bradley will become a great coach.  It looks like we will go the retread route this time.

#3 voodoochile75

voodoochile75

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 33,997 posts
  • Fan Since:Disco

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Aluminum Standard

#4 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Surprised he left yesterday without a contract.. Watch him leave Jacksonville today being the new HC.. Come on Howie!

#5 Jeff100

Jeff100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

If they blow this and we end up with a retread like Billick or Wisenhunt I hope you choke on it!

#6 jmalo23

jmalo23

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Maybe it's just Bradley exploring ALL options before making his decision.  Interview with JAX today, become PHI HC tomorrow.

#7 louieb62

louieb62

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Fan Since:1954

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

If you were Bradley, why wouldn't you investigate your options? Jacksonville might be a better fit for him. Bradley has to do what's best for Bradley and his family.

#8 ljboru

ljboru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

i hope i am wrong, but i think this fish got away.

#9 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

So much for Bradley as our new head coach... Ken Whisenhunt will soon be the head coach of our incompetent Eagles.... An absolute disgrace.

#10 TenaciousEagles

TenaciousEagles

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

View Postlouieb62, on 16 January 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

If you were Bradley, why wouldn't you investigate your options? Jacksonville might be a better fit for him. Bradley has to do what's best for Bradley and his family.

Investigate your options??? It is freaking Jacksonville!!!!  If I told you before Roseman became the GM of the Eagles that a coach would choose to work for the Jaguars over the Eagles what would have you said?

#11 Golfesv

Golfesv

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I really hope he is just checking out JAX and comes back to us if not...this Team is a failure

#12 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

In my opinion it doesn't have to be Gus Bradley that is named the head coach and honestly I think that ship has sailed anyway whether he gets the job in JAX or not,  because what do we really know about Gus anyway other than he has a good reputation amongst some players and coaches, and he yelled at his defense a few years ago on video... Just don't bring some retread like Whisenhunt or Lovie Smith or Billick who hasn't been a coach in the league for 5 plus years..... Don't settle for one of these guys who were just fired themselves.... Call some more candidates and regroup AGAIN... Call Darrell Bevell, Ben McAdoo etc.. and see what else is out there... We can do better than these retreads. Or maybe we can't and the desperate former head coaches is all we can get based on our power starved GM who it seems nobody wants to work with.

#13 Boss Hawg

Boss Hawg

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,722 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

I hope Bradley enjoys trying to get Tim Tebow to do anything next year once the Jags pounce on him in the offseason.

#14 Ipspots

Ipspots

Superstar

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts
  • Fan Since:B4 1980

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

I will wait till a new HC is announced before I give an opinion on that hire. I will say that from the outside, it appears we either dont like anyone, or we are a franchise that the top candidates are not interested in working for.

Sad days......  How much lower can we sink?

#15 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

If he doesn't come back Jeff then you better look real close at who's standing next to you.What would you rather have a good head coach or a GM that acts like a car salesman.Everybody loves talking to a car salesman.I don't know if thats the problem if it is fix it.Then again it would be nice to be in FL. today

#16 PineapplePizza

PineapplePizza

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

What do we know about Bradley you axe? - welp... he's worked with some good coaches that hold him in high regard... from Gruden to Monte Kiffen to Pete Carroll... he had a very successful and somewhat innovative defense in Seattle...

Bradley's defenses in Seattle have always been strong even when he didn't have personnel and when the offense was wretched... with his personnel this year... his defense surrendered the fewest points in the NFL (that's kinda the point to defense and as good as it gets)...

And his 4-3 faux defense with 3-4 personnel is kinda cool in general... shows some spark...

There is a lot to like about Gus

#17 EAGLESHULK92

EAGLESHULK92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Lets be honest Jeff Lurie has to stop making mental mistakes if we want to win a championship Howie Rosemand is not qualified  to be a general manager of a football team we need a GM with football experience not another lawyer this organization is clueless

#18 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Guess no one wants to work here, no surprise. Guess firing Andy wasn't such a great idea after all