Photo

[Spadaro] Football Talk: O Line Can Be Great

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,790 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

As the Eagles continue the process to find their next head coach, let's take a pause from the play-by-play reporting and talk some football. In focus for me this offseason is what's up front offensively ...

View the full article

#2 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Whomever the new HC is....really needs to start by rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines. Quite frankly, most of these players are too finesse and have not shown the toughness and resolve moving forward. I would look to trade some of these players for future picks. Move some of these soft, injury prone players for whatever. Give some of these young guys a chance.

#3 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Nice to overlook the fact that Bradley left without an offer and is off to Jacksonville. The Lawyer will screw this up.

#4 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Actually Dave, I can't imagine that Andy Reid would pass on Luke Joeckel with his past draft history. Everyone is thinking he will get a quarterback through the draft and maybe he will with his second pick however I can see Vick coming out to KC and there are already rumors of Andy trading with Seattle to get quarterback Flynn for competition.

#5 thesnowleopard

thesnowleopard

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

@1wrangler: If Vick goes to KC, I'll be delighted to drive him there.

#6 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

hats off to dave, trying to steer us back to football talk. there is much trepidation and palpitation and fluttering amongst us. well, amongst me at least.

Eagle_smiley.jpg

#7 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well folks I am going to be waiting for the news (either way) at the beach. It is suppose to be 82 degrees again down here in sunny Florida and us retirees need plenty of sun. Tought job but someone has to do it!

#8 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

chut up !!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

If Peters comes back we are set at that position but I am not impressed by Kelce - all mouth and not much to show yet. Let him prove his worth in a system without Mudd. Jamaal Jackson should still be starting for the Eagles. Dump Watkins - admit the mistake and move on. With Mathis (who I admit must be doing a good job based on all the acclaim he is given), Peters and Herremans at guard, you add Joeckel and have a real solid line for Shady and Bryce to run behind and to give Foles time to pass. Get a better tight end in the 3rd or 4th round and the offense should be good enough to win 7-9. If we don't take Joeckel, trade down for 2 1's and get the CB from Alabama and another good LB or DT depending on if we run the 3-4 or 4-3. Reid left enough ingredient s for us to jump over Dallas and NY with good coaching.