Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeach_Eagle

2013 Hard Knocks

58 posts in this topic

Who do you predict it'll be?

I'm thinking that they'll press hard to get the Eagles. Under Andy, 100% no way it would happen. With Kelly though? I have no idea what his thoughts might be, but I could see Lurie and Howie going for it.

1 person likes this

Would be fun, but would be a major distraction...May not matter. We aren't winning a SB this season anyway, but we do need to get the fans back into the team...This could help.

1 person likes this

I'll say this, if they do Hard Knocks, I'll take a few weeks off and spend them at TC this summer.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Eagles doing it. A lot of fans need to get back into Eagles football

Hell no. Leave that to the Raiders or Jets.

But if you're the producer of Hard Knocks, which team do you target?

But if you're the producer of Hard Knocks, which team do you target?

Here's my preferences in order

1. The Redskins (RG3, an owner who loves publicity, huge fanbase, historical franchise)

2. The Colts (Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano Story, Owner who doesn't shy away from the public)

3. The Niners (Rising star at QB, stacked roster, open minded coach)

4. Whatever Teams end up with Tebow/Vick (no explanation needed)

Here's my preferences in order

1. The Redskins (RG3, an owner who loves publicity, huge fanbase, historical franchise)

2. The Colts (Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano Story, Owner who doesn't shy away from the public)

3. The Niners (Rising star at QB, stacked roster, open minded coach)

4. Whatever Teams end up with Tebow/Vick (no explanation needed)

Of those, I could see them going after the Redskins or 49ers.

What happens if Chip keeps Vick and trades for Tebow though? :ph34r:

2 people like this

Of those, I could see them going after the Redskins or 49ers.

What happens if Chip keeps Vick and trades for Tebow though? :ph34r:

This place would be shut down...Most fans would get banned...

1 person likes this

I doubt chip would go for it this year hes trying to learn the nfl doubt he wants to do that with cameras around

I'm actually thinking that if he'd go for it at all, this is probably the only year he would.

I said the Lions last year and would still kinda like to see them do it though not as much. Wouldn't surprise me if we got the Seahawks or one of the more publicity friendly coaches.

It would be fun but I don't want any distractions.... the whole T.O. thing in the past to the "dream team".

man we have too much going on next TC for them to allow hard knocks to film it all IMO

We have a new HC with a whole new offensive system to learn. Any other year I would want it, but next year we have too much we need to concentrate (sp?) on IMO to have that distraction.

We need to be football focused and only football. Maybe the 2014 TC Kelly will allow them in

I saw something on Twitter, by someone who covers the team (can't remember who), that said that the Eagles will not on Hard Knocks this season.

Saw a quote on twitter yesterday about Chip saying he would never do a Hard Knocks show because it undermines the player and coach relationship by airing everything in public.

man we have too much going on next TC for them to allow hard knocks to film it all IMO

We have a new HC with a whole new offensive system to learn. Any other year I would want it, but next year we have too much we need to concentrate (sp?) on IMO to have that distraction.

We need to be football focused and only football. Maybe the 2014 TC Kelly will allow them in

I agree, I'm thinking more of who HBO will target. If you were the HBO exec in charge of lining up the team for HK, who would you go for this year?

Didn't Miami say they regretted doing Hard Knocks? I know a lot of teams refuse to do it. They struck gold with the Jets two years ago and all the mayhem with the team and then Miami was such a huge bore. They need an exciting team. Shocked that Oakland has never done it. Also shocked the Redskins haven't done it because Snyder loves the attention. Watch them get the Browns or someone that we don't want to see and that will not provide much excitement. I do like show and you get to know another side of the players and see behind the scenes stuff on the best game in the world but the team needs to be better than Miami for the next Hard Knocks.

Didn't Miami say they regretted doing Hard Knocks?

I never heard (that I can recall) that being the official stance, I think some players did though.

As a fan, I'm torn between wanting to see the Eagles and not wanting the huge distraction. I am thinking that Chip probably won't go for it though and Lurie seems to let his coaches call the shots with stuff like that. He's no Snyder or Jones, and that's a good thing.

I agree, I'm thinking more of who HBO will target. If you were the HBO exec in charge of lining up the team for HK, who would you go for this year?

The defending SB champ will always be good IMO OR the SB loser

espically this upcoming year how about these teams b/c they all have nice side-stories IMO

KC CHEIFS--Andy Reid new HC and the #1 pick in the draft which possibally be Geno Smith

Browns-- Whole new coaching staff and owner. Young and talented roster on cusp on playoffs potentially

Dallas- They are always good for TV IMO.

Packers--- See above statement

Panthers-- Can Cam Newton rebound from a poor 2nd season? Can they get over the hump and pass ATL and NO to make a playoff apperance?

Denver-- I wanna see how Manning and CO. handle all the questions and blame for the 13-3 season that ends with a 1-and-done in the playoffs as Manning postseason career has now done 8 or 9 times now I read.

Thats just a few teams in my mind. I think the defending SB champ would always be great, or like I also said.... The SB loser. See how they handle things after being so close to the championship the previous season

Who would you pick/want for a Hard Knocks season??

I never heard (that I can recall) that being the official stance, I think some players did though.

As a fan, I'm torn between wanting to see the Eagles and not wanting the huge distraction. I am thinking that Chip probably won't go for it though and Lurie seems to let his coaches call the shots with stuff like that. He's no Snyder or Jones, and that's a good thing.

Like I said.... We cant do it this season IMO b/c we are installing a whole new system on offense and defense so we need to put all attention on that and not worried about camera's around.

Maybe in Kellys 2nd season, but not the 1st season IMO

How anyone can watch that ish is beyond me

The Giants should do the show...Im sure everyone would hate then even more if they did though.

The Giants should do the show...Im sure everyone would hate then even more if they did though.

It will never happen. John Mara has said as much, and I couldn't be happier.

I'd respect the concept more if they didn't tell anyone they were being filmed. The whole thing is one big ball of fake, scripted ish, like every other 'reality' show.

2 people like this