* * * * - 3 votes

2013 Hard Knocks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,354 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Who do you predict it'll be?

I'm thinking that they'll press hard to get the Eagles. Under Andy, 100% no way it would happen. With Kelly though? I have no idea what his thoughts might be, but I could see Lurie and Howie going for it.

#2 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,737 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Would be fun, but would be a major distraction...May not matter. We aren't winning a SB this season anyway, but we do need to get the fans back into the team...This could help.

#3 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'll say this, if they do Hard Knocks, I'll take a few weeks off and spend them at TC this summer.

#4 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,883 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with the Eagles doing it. A lot of fans need to get back into Eagles football

#5 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hell no. Leave that to the Raiders or Jets.

#6 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostCMPunk, on 16 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hell no. Leave that to the Raiders or Jets.
But if you're the producer of Hard Knocks, which team do you target?

#7 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

But if you're the producer of Hard Knocks, which team do you target?

Here's my preferences in order

1. The Redskins (RG3, an owner who loves publicity, huge fanbase, historical franchise)

2. The Colts (Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano Story, Owner who doesn't shy away from the public)

3. The Niners (Rising star at QB, stacked roster, open minded coach)

4. Whatever Teams end up with Tebow/Vick (no explanation needed)

#8 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

View PostCMPunk, on 16 January 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Here's my preferences in order

1. The Redskins (RG3, an owner who loves publicity, huge fanbase, historical franchise)

2. The Colts (Andrew Luck, Chuck Pagano Story, Owner who doesn't shy away from the public)

3. The Niners (Rising star at QB, stacked roster, open minded coach)

4. Whatever Teams end up with Tebow/Vick (no explanation needed)
Of those, I could see them going after the Redskins or 49ers.

What happens if Chip keeps Vick and trades for Tebow though? :ph34r:

#9 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 16 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

Of those, I could see them going after the Redskins or 49ers.

What happens if Chip keeps Vick and trades for Tebow though? :ph34r:
This place would be shut down...Most fans would get banned...

#10 bringithome6

bringithome6

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I doubt chip would go for it this year hes trying to learn the nfl doubt he wants to do that with cameras around

#11 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

View Postbringithome6, on 16 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

I doubt chip would go for it this year hes trying to learn the nfl doubt he wants to do that with cameras around
I'm actually thinking that if he'd go for it at all, this is probably the only year he would.

#12 Sleep

Sleep

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I said the Lions last year and would still kinda like to see them do it though not as much. Wouldn't surprise me if we got the Seahawks or one of the more publicity friendly coaches.

#13 DogsDieinHotCars

DogsDieinHotCars

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Team:Chiefs

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Chip Kelly has a dislike for the media.  I doubt he'd sign on.

#14 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

It would be fun but I don't want any distractions.... the whole T.O. thing in the past to the "dream team".

#15 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

man we have too much going on next TC for them to allow hard knocks to film it all IMO

We have a new HC with a whole new offensive system to learn. Any other year I would want it, but next year we have too much we need to concentrate (sp?) on IMO to have that distraction.

We need to be football focused and only football. Maybe the 2014 TC Kelly will allow them in

#16 ckudrick

ckudrick

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

I saw something on Twitter, by someone who covers the team (can't remember who), that said that the Eagles will not on Hard Knocks this season.

#17 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Saw a quote on twitter yesterday about Chip saying he would never do a Hard Knocks show because it undermines the player and coach relationship by airing everything in public.

#18 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postbumpy93, on 17 January 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

man we have too much going on next TC for them to allow hard knocks to film it all IMO

We have a new HC with a whole new offensive system to learn. Any other year I would want it, but next year we have too much we need to concentrate (sp?) on IMO to have that distraction.

We need to be football focused and only football. Maybe the 2014 TC Kelly will allow them in
I agree, I'm thinking more of who HBO will target. If you were the HBO exec in charge of lining up the team for HK, who would you go for this year?

#19 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,996 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Didn't Miami say they regretted doing Hard Knocks? I know a lot of teams refuse to do it. They struck gold with the Jets two years ago and all the mayhem with the team and then Miami was such a huge bore. They need an exciting team. Shocked that Oakland has never done it. Also shocked the Redskins haven't done it because Snyder loves the attention. Watch them get the Browns or someone that we don't want to see and that will not provide much excitement. I do like show and you get to know another side of the players and see behind the scenes stuff on the best game in the world but the team needs to be better than Miami for the next Hard Knocks.

#20 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostJason1978, on 18 January 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

Didn't Miami say they regretted doing Hard Knocks?
I never heard (that I can recall) that being the official stance, I think some players did though.

As a fan, I'm torn between wanting to see the Eagles and not wanting the huge distraction. I am thinking that Chip probably won't go for it though and Lurie seems to let his coaches call the shots with stuff like that. He's no Snyder or Jones, and that's a good thing.

#21 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 17 January 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I agree, I'm thinking more of who HBO will target. If you were the HBO exec in charge of lining up the team for HK, who would you go for this year?

The defending SB champ will always be good IMO OR the SB loser

espically this upcoming year how about these teams b/c they all have nice side-stories IMO

KC CHEIFS--Andy Reid new HC and the #1 pick in the draft which possibally be Geno Smith
Browns-- Whole new coaching staff and owner. Young and talented roster on cusp on playoffs potentially
Dallas- They are always good for TV IMO.
Packers--- See above statement
Panthers-- Can Cam Newton rebound from a poor 2nd season? Can they get over the hump and pass ATL and NO to make a playoff apperance?
Denver-- I wanna see how Manning and CO. handle all the questions and blame for the 13-3 season that ends with a 1-and-done in the playoffs as Manning postseason career has now done 8 or 9 times now I read.

Thats just a few teams in my mind. I think the defending SB champ would always be great, or like I also said.... The SB loser. See how they handle things after being so close to the championship the previous season

Who would you pick/want for a Hard Knocks season??

#22 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 18 January 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

I never heard (that I can recall) that being the official stance, I think some players did though.

As a fan, I'm torn between wanting to see the Eagles and not wanting the huge distraction. I am thinking that Chip probably won't go for it though and Lurie seems to let his coaches call the shots with stuff like that. He's no Snyder or Jones, and that's a good thing.

Like I said.... We cant do it this season IMO b/c we are installing a whole new system on offense and defense so we need to put all attention on that and not worried about camera's around.

Maybe in Kellys 2nd season, but not the 1st season IMO

#23 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

How anyone can watch that ish is beyond me

#24 Kolbfan4

Kolbfan4

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 19 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

The Giants should do the show...Im sure everyone would hate then even more if they did though.

#25 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostKolbfan4, on 19 January 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

The Giants should do the show...Im sure everyone would hate then even more if they did though.

It will never happen. John Mara has said as much, and I couldn't be happier.

I'd respect the concept more if they didn't tell anyone they were being filmed. The whole thing is one big ball of fake, scripted ish, like every other 'reality' show.

#26 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postbumpy93, on 19 January 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

The defending SB champ will always be good IMO OR the SB loser

espically this upcoming year how about these teams b/c they all have nice side-stories IMO

KC CHEIFS--Andy Reid new HC and the #1 pick in the draft which possibally be Geno Smith
Browns-- Whole new coaching staff and owner. Young and talented roster on cusp on playoffs potentially
Dallas- They are always good for TV IMO.
Packers--- See above statement
Panthers-- Can Cam Newton rebound from a poor 2nd season? Can they get over the hump and pass ATL and NO to make a playoff apperance?
Denver-- I wanna see how Manning and CO. handle all the questions and blame for the 13-3 season that ends with a 1-and-done in the playoffs as Manning postseason career has now done 8 or 9 times now I read.

Thats just a few teams in my mind. I think the defending SB champ would always be great, or like I also said.... The SB loser. See how they handle things after being so close to the championship the previous season

Who would you pick/want for a Hard Knocks season??
They've done the defending champs before, don't know that they'll ever do it again, unless the Ravens somehow pull it off this year, kind of bookend Lewis' career.

Who would I want? It'd probably be easier to make a list of who I wouldn't want. I wouldn't mind KC, not sure Andy would allow it though. But I'd watch for sure. The Packers? I have a friend that's a Packers fan, so she'd love it. Not sure it'd be all that compelling for me. The Browns? They already have a TV show, don't they?

I'd find the Giants interesting enough to watch, probably the Redskins too, and 2 of my brothers would enjoy the Redskins. For me though, like I said, I'm torn between wanting to see the Eagles and not wanting the huge distraction. Would the distraction be better to get over with this year or wait until next year? I think this year is the more compelling story. New coach, who does he keep (assuming Vick isn't cut in a couple of weeks), what is his system and so on. Kelly is probabaly the biggest national story in the NFL this offseason.

All of that said, I still don't really know who I'd want. You mentioned the Chiefs and that does intrigue me. I'd really like to get some early, behind the scenes footage of Kelly like we got with Reid in that "Six Days to Sunday" episode though.

View PostGmen4ever, on 19 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

I've watched a few of them, didn't watch the Cowboys edition though. It's interesting, even if not 100% how it would be without the cameras. It gives a peek inside what life is like within the NFL.

I can still remember clearly when the Jags cut Hugh Douglas. They kicked the cameras out but left the mics on, Del Rio saying "What does he really do for us"? Within a couple of days, Hugh was signing a contract with the Eagles.

#27 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Never watched it and don't intend to but absolutely wouldn't want the Bird's to do it especially not Kelly year 1.

#28 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 19 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Never watched it and don't intend to but absolutely wouldn't want the Bird's to do it especially not Kelly year 1.
You ought to check it out, at least one episode. The first season they did it, with the Ravens had some good stuff in it. Goose locking the rookie TE's in the meeting room, only to find out later that Sharp was in there too. Then Sharp getting revenge by taking Goose's truck and hiding it in a mall parking lot.

The behind the scenes of the Ravens @ Eagles pre-season fiasco at the Vet that had to be canceled because of the field conditions. A couple of the Ravens players touring Philly and one pretending to climb up the side of Constitution Hall only to be chastised by a Ranger.

#29 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostVaBeach_Eagle, on 19 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

You ought to check it out, at least one episode. The first season they did it, with the Ravens had some good stuff in it. Goose locking the rookie TE's in the meeting room, only to find out later that Sharp was in there too. Then Sharp getting revenge by taking Goose's truck and hiding it in a mall parking lot.

The behind the scenes of the Ravens @ Eagles pre-season fiasco at the Vet that had to be canceled because of the field conditions. A couple of the Ravens players touring Philly and one pretending to climb up the side of Constitution Hall only to be chastised by a Ranger.

Oh' I'm sure there's some "entertaining" elements to it and am not knocking (no pun intended) anyone who enjoys it, that type of thing is just not my cup of tea and definitiely wouldn't want the Birds to do it, just keep their minds on the task at hand instead of wasting time mugging for the camera.

I was at that game actually.  The wife and I we're home visiting family and my brother in law had picked up a couple ticks.  We hit a few center city watering holes before heading down to the Vet and were definitiely feeling no pain.

We settled into our seats and then were like WTF when they made the announcement.  Got back on the subway to head uptown and the minute we hit the street it started raining cats and dogs.  Strange evening to say the least.

#30 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 54,354 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostMightyJNC, on 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Oh' I'm sure there's some "entertaining" elements to it and am not knocking (no pun intended) anyone who enjoys it, that type of thing is just not my cup of tea and definitiely wouldn't want the Birds to do it, just keep their minds on the task at hand instead of wasting time mugging for the camera.

I was at that game actually.  The wife and I we're home visiting family and my brother in law had picked up a couple ticks.  We hit a few center city watering holes before heading down to the Vet and were definitiely feeling no pain.

We settled into our seats and then were like WTF when they made the announcement.  Got back on the subway to head uptown and the minute we hit the street it started raining cats and dogs.  Strange evening to say the least.
That episode might be a cool one for you to check out then, if for no other reason than you have a connection to that game... non-game.