Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Questions To Greet The Kelly Era

151 posts in this topic

Chip Kelly is in the house, ready to knuckle down and get to work after he works the building, meets his fellow Eagles and then performs his press obligations. After that? Questions need to be answered ...

View the full article

I was trying to vote on the fan poll and "Who cares?" was not an option.

@disgustedfan25: Who cares?

I was thinking of past Andy Reid press conferences and is it just me, or did big Red during his press conferences say "listen or listen to me" about 11 times?

Always wondered if anyone else ever noticed that....

1 person likes this

Here's what happened: They interviewed Bradley Tuesday. He said he wanted personnel control. The Lawyer said no. So Bradley got on the plane to Florida and Howie made a frantic call to Kelly with a ridiculous offer because money was less important to him than control. How can you know this? Kelly called the Oregon AD Wednesday morning to tell him of his "change of heart." The Lawyer is destroying on of the NFL's signature franchises.

Hiring Chip Kelly opens up a whole new line of Eagles merchandising apparel--- custom visor caps, just like coach wears!

DisgustedFan smacks #5...

I actually hate visor caps. But if Chip wins big, I'll have to start wearing one.

1 person likes this

I know and since it's New Era it's gonna look fresh

"...how he is going to lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl."

The same way he led the Ducks to a National Collegiate Championship! Oh, right, he didn't.

shoot once BigC has our squad rolling the whole side line will be wearing visors :)

birdflipper posted a link to yardbarker, thats a FAIL!!!! hahaha

1 person likes this

We all know we will have a better D than last year that is a given

Check out this post I just read. I mean come on ya'll we needed a huge change in Philly and to even have other teams second guessing whats next. This is a plus not a negatative in a major way....(stay tuned)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/16/chip-kelly-may-change-the-way-the-nfl-thinks-about-going-for-two/

1 person likes this

im glad that the front office got a coach who is offensively minded. the offens has been dreadful for about 4 seasons. the defense just needs the right players, and in time that will come. yes u need a defense in any case..but as some other teams have showed us..if u can score a bulk of points its pressures the other teams offense and they become more pass happy and makes the defenses job slightly easier ( check patriots, packers and saints)

Think about it if MM can come up with a play that nets big slow Foles a wide open 20yd TD run, then imagine what BigC will draw up. It has to be better.

Shady is gonna be dancing on 'em in 2013

They may have to ask him to be on dancing with the stars cuz he will have some nice plays for sure with our new play book....can't wait

The only person excited about this hire is The Lawyer, who retains full personnel control (and you see where that has led since 2009). You all are trying too hard.

Heath Evans. I usually listen to Heath Evans' opinions, just so I can have some certainty as to how things will turn out. Which is to say that it will turn out almost the polar OPPOSITE of what he says. Foles will likely have much success under Coach Kelly. I'm also willing to bet that the energy level will be raised SIGNIFICANTLY. The man hasn't even spoken at a press conference yet, hasn't made one hire , hasn't made one roster move, and yet people are ready to run him out of town. Some people are just winners. This man strikes me as one of those people. Eagles fans are BETTER than this !!! At least give the man a chance. Jim Johnson isn't walking through that door, folks. Who's to say his time wouldn't have passed by now, anyway? I'm just saying, it's a new era. In football in general, and the Eagles in particular. I'm going to embrace change, and remain POSITIVE that Mr. Lurie has made another good decision. Go Eagles !!!

2 people like this

hey Dave i can't wait for Chip Kelly to get to work on building a winning team and a great coaching staff. I'm also looking forward to free agency and see if we get a veteran QB or stick with Foles or Vick. I really think Chip Kelly will bring back that style of play we were used to seeing in the early 2000's and with Randall Cunningham. There are some question marks like how will he assemble a great defense,offense,special teams, and so on it will be all figured out and us die hard fans will be glad we got him.

2 people like this

Hey Chip, Darron Thomas is practicing with the Stampeders and he is a Duck QB. Rotate everyone and snap the ball every 13 seconds. I hope a viable hybrid develops from two different worlds.