Photo
- - - - -

First great quote of the Kelly era:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

"The Eagles have a rabid fanbase which is great. I got a text on the plane that we were being tracked like Santa Claus. Then, I remembered they booed Santa in Philadelphia ! I hope they don't boo me."

Great quote.
My first impression from his 3 minute interview:
compassionate, humble, funny, thoughtful, honest, forthcoming
his conferences should be a lot better than ARs

if you couple my impressions with what players and people have observed about the way he runs his program...it should be exciting..(must say I have a bit of Gusenvy, but I am on the Chipship...can't wait for the SpreadEagle)

#2 Mr.BigKnuckles

Mr.BigKnuckles

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

You guys that have been on these boards for awhile are good at coming up with catchy names and phrases. I loved the GusBus and now love the SpreadEagle term.

#3 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

his conferences should be a lot better than ARs

A corpse would have better PC's than Reid, but that's one thing about him I never cared a bit about.

Produce on the field, and he can fart into the mike and leave the press room as far as I'm concerned. Actually, doing that towards the media would be funny as hell.

#4 EaglesCB37

EaglesCB37

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I got a text on the plane that we were being tracked like Gus Bradley.

:lol: Fixed

http://boards.philad...ly-flight-info/

#5 Iggles

Iggles

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

His second best quote was at the press conference. "I think it was Cortez that burned the boats. I burned the boats." Neil Young immediately popped in my head. What a breath of fresh air from fourteen years of robotic coach speak.

#6 bobbywizdum

bobbywizdum

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

A corpse would have better PC's than Reid, but that's one thing about him I never cared a bit about.

Produce on the field, and he can fart into the mike and leave the press room as far as I'm concerned. Actually, doing that towards the media would be funny as hell.

agreed. I base very little on a coach or player's press conferences unless they are talking morons like vick and rex ryan who start proclaiming dynasties and guaranteeing victories and then not backing it up. At the end of the day those of you who are so in love with chip's press conferences will be the first to hate his guts if the team is losing. I reserve my true judgement for what is shown on the field. Being witty and funny does not matter !

#7 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

The ONLY press conference I will be interested in 100%, will be the post-Super Bowl WIN press conference....all the others are just warm-ups for that one, in my opinion.

#8 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

His second best quote was at the press conference. "I think it was Cortez that burned the boats. I burned the boats." Neil Young immediately popped in my head. What a breath of fresh air from fourteen years of robotic coach speak.

Same here!

#9 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Same here!

He came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
In that palace in the sun.

Kind of a nice theme for Kelly's arrival in Philly.

#10 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Chip said "I just saw Mike Mamula a little while ago" wile being interviewed at Philadelphia Soul tryouts.

Dave, please have a PR person tell Chip he should never mention that person again.

#11 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

My favorite Chip quote to date is at the awards dinner when he was referring to Dawkins and stated "We're gonna play like THAT GUY played, You're gonna be proud of us!"

If the Eagles rediscover Brian's passion and take that on as a team....I'll be thrilled.....though chances are Chip's going to have to replace about 90% of the roster to do that...still, if that's what it takes, I'm all for it. I'd love for the Eagles to be a team that is ALL about the game of football...live, breathe, eat, and sleep the game every day.......after all, that's their profession, right?

If Chip can turn the culture of the team into that over the course of a couple seasons.....he will, in my opinion, have worked wonders with this group of prima donnas and paycheck players.

All they'll need after that to dominate, is an huge infusion of top shelf talent.....that's where Howie and his guys come in.....and I hope more than anything, that they can deliver that.

#12 eaglepride

eaglepride

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Chip said "I just saw Mike Mamula a little while ago" wile being interviewed at Philadelphia Soul tryouts.

Dave, please have a PR person tell Chip he should never mention that person again.

Remember, he like Lurie loves NE, in fact he will announce that he is hiring the BC LBer coach this week. Coach McGovern.