Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Next For Kelly: Filling The Staff

19 posts in this topic

The contract is signed, the interviews are over and the pictures have been taken. Now, Chip Kelly has to get to work and item number one on his agenda is putting together a coaching staff. "For me,...

View the full article

Mike Singletary for DC. He is tough and holds players accountable. He is a great LB coach.

1 person likes this

I hope that he gets his D-Coordinator and O-Coordinator lined up before he gets the rest of his staff....I feel like they should have a say in some of the hirings?

They better bring someone really strong for dc and oc because its going to make mr kelly look like a dum a** grab rob ryan for dc or lookfor really strong candidates

Get Ray Horton fast to run the D before someone else snatches him (maybe SD)!!! Kirby Smart is also a great option! Don't know about Todd Grantham...

Like the idea of Mike Singletary as DC. Allways felt 49'rs success iis due in large part to foundation Mike created. - especially thier D

most likely a college coach will be the d coordinator. i just dont see a former head coach taking a step down to d coordinator and assistant to a college coach. there is a level of pride these guys have...unless jobs become unavailable and guys get desperate

i think marty m, will stay as o coordinator, but the play callin mainly will stay with kelly

MM? Have you lost your mind? He should have been the fall guy this past season, not JC. Fresh blood all around, please!

2 people like this

Marty has to go as well....he was part of the problem with the continuous failing Offense!

I just want to see a "new coaching regime" and boot the remaining left over AR regime. OC Ray Sherman and DC Mike Singletary would be 2 coaches I would look at. Both have NFL experience.

Rod Marinelli for DC? I'd love to see the Tampa 2 brought to the eagles. Our personnel just doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme

M is gone. He is now OC for Jets. Sorry NYJ.

1 person likes this

I know that you really need to name your coordinators before you start choosing position coaches to be sure that everyone is a good fit. That being said, if he is willing wouldn't it be great to see Brian Dawkins as a secondary or safety coach. The Eagles have been missing the fire and passion that he would bring to the team.

I agree that Dawkins would make a great secondary coach.