Photo

[News] Kelly Here To Build A Program

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,857 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Chip Kelly is often first described as an offensive innovator, and rightfully so after his demonstrably successful four-year run at Oregon. Over the last three years, for instance, Kelly's teams fi...

View the full article

#2 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

"It's not about style, it's about substance and how we score points."

priceless

#3 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

It should be ==> "It's not about style, it's about substance and scoring lot's of points."

#4 yearsofbelief

yearsofbelief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1975

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Coach Chip Kelly will be able to Build a Program here. Because there are good players on the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES. That can play and they will give it there all. And we have some players are here for the paycheck only. You can see and watch that on the T.V. set. But i like Coach Chip Kelly He was my number # 1 pick as far as the other coach's go. I Watch the Oregon's Ducks play and i really injoy it. And i hope and pray that the Philadelphia Eagles play that way to. Score First and fast. And them the Defense can do there part. Also we also need a new Defense System.Bring back the 46 defense.

#5 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I think most of us long time fans, where disappointed. The Oregon Ducks are one of my Fav College teams in the NCAA. I love all the things they do with O. The big pass plays, the Speed of the players and plays. Problem is when they play the more physical teams, with their NFL bound beasts. On the D or even O, they get out manned. Much like the Eagles have been doing the last few years. Thought we wanted the tough smash mouth guy. At the same time, I did say they would surprise us. Also I think Howie and Lurie will help build this staff. I think they all know, we gotta get physical. Especially on D and in the pass game as well. Think, they were a little sneaky, bringing in Gus twice. Picking his Brain, telling us Kelly didn't interview. Howie is a hustling little guy. That's why i like him, he is a business head. Don't be surprised if we get a top NFL DC guy. ST should be a NFL guy and Chip will hire the O coaches. Think that's why he is here and he is fine with them helping hire the best NFL D coaches, they can get. There has too be a plan in place for the D. Or else, this is the worst hiring in NFL history. Because our D is the major issue and his speed over size on D will not work here. Need some beasts and some speed.

#6 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Cause Norv Turner could of turned the O around, if needed but they new Chip was their guy from before AR left.
I think they have a guy or too in mind, that runs a physical blitzing D. Hope they realize if they do not bring in a top NFL DC, like Nolen Lovie or even Romeo, they are setting themselves up for a couple real bad years. We are starting to remind me of the way the Skins were with Spurrier and stupid moves. Difference is we will have cap room and have all our picks. We have can't play Madden here. Sign 2 QB's or go nuts in free agency. Don't think that is Rosmans style though. He is already planning too get as many picks in the draft as needs. He will get some picks for the Bums like Vick and Nnamdi

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Once Kelly see's the tape on Foles, he will wan't him here to compete for the job. Also believes he drafts a QB in first 3 rounds. Barkley, early 2nd, maybe. Anyone who thinks Vick or Tebow. Forget it. Foles, Rookie and prob Edwards, unless he doesn't look at good as last spring. Alex Smith will get a starting job over Vick, in a heartbeat.

in the NFL

#8 ACHILLES

ACHILLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

edwards is not a starter, its that simple..when was he ever that good..chiefs?? lol alex smith..wtf

#9 ACHILLES

ACHILLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

no way we should take a qb in the 1st 4 rounds...nooooooooooooooo

#10 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hope Kelly is a dog lover....so he can blow out MV...as his first order of business.

#11 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

foles will stay for now as qb, kelly will draft a qb later in the draft i bet. im glad we have a offensive minded coach, cause the eagles cant score for crap! i want this team to average 30 a game. i personally hope kelly looks at our wrs and is not satisfied. i hope he goes hard to get a real stud for a 1 wr. as i been saying dwayne bowe or better

#12 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Speed is what he wants, If a player lacks speed at their position the won't make this team. Read between the lines. The writer mentioned Foles, not Kelly. I think Foles is safe for now and needs to adjust to Kelly's sytem. If you think Kelly will build around him, you have another thing coming.

#13 Old Feathers

Old Feathers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Need a guy like Mike Singletary as DC. Can you imagine how awesome we'd be with a high speed offence backed up by an '86 Bears type defence - wow!!!

#14 1960stillwaitin

1960stillwaitin

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I don't care how he does it. Just Win !