Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Chip Kelly Wins On Day One

109 posts in this topic

Chip Kelly's mantra is "win today," and on his first full day as the head coaching of the Philadelphia Eagles, Kelly killed it. Won it going away ...

View the full article

all Chips are in

Robbed once again...my post was erased for what the seventh time now

I am trying to stay positive about Chip and slowly warming up to him. I like his comments about Foles and building the O around the players he has. Now the question is who will he get on his staff???? I hope to see him get some NFL exp. coaches on his staff

I did like the little video of the Oregon DL coach he seems interesting think he would be good for are DL

Chip Kelly was the last guy I wanted to see in Philly... but I gotta admit, I am impressed with him so far.

This guy is NOT a one trick pony.... I firmly believe he'd line up w/ a heavy set and pound you if personnel and the game situation warranted...

chip chip hooray

"It%u2019s not about style, it%u2019s about substance and how we score points.%u201D

sorry was trying to put his quote:

"it's not about style, it's about substance and how we score points."

Trestman for the Bears not mucking around fired the whole O coaching staff.. Even Rod Marenelli is availible now

I'm not so sure we're as far away as some might think.. our O line was decimated last year, get those guys back healthy, add some "quality" depth, a FB... run the 7uckin rock.

1 person likes this

Well guys although Chip is a winner in college, he is a rookie coach in the NFL. He will have to make alot of adjustments and he has alot to learn. Should be an exciting experiment. Hopefully he does well here and just doesn't learn here and then go somewhereelse and be successful on another team.

He really didn't **** away, he said all the right things but that is what planning and rehearsing is for. He is twice my age yet I can recall a lot of eagles history, I wasn't even born yet for most of it. It doesn't matter what he says, what coaches he hire or players he draft, there isn't a thing he can do to change my mind on his gimmick that involves words. He has to prove that he can win and be consistent, that he is capable of replacing what everyone as fans have expected from 2000-2004

All I have to say is

WIN TODAY, AND TOMORROW! GIVE US THAT TROPHY CHIPPY BOY!

CouldCareless, We're expecting more then 2000-2004 and you know what that is.

Horton open on the market, if Kelly was smart he would ditch the unproven grantham idea (I don't want the cowboys sloppy seconds) and go after Horton. Lets be honest Horton's defense slowed down that pats and he brought the most out of DRC and made him a pro bowl CB and a ball hawk. Why take a college dc when his defense wasn't even good in the college level.

wow. of the impact of new blood and new energy.

invaluable.

surround yourself well, both on and off the field, and we should see results.

i can't wait !!!

I got to say i liked his conference and how he said hes going to evaluate everyone and let the best player play. I hope that Foles will be one of those players. I'm gonna give chip a chance to wow me in a good way even though i didnt want him in the first place. But i will be keeping my eye on how gus bradley (who i wanted) does with the jags and compare his success with chip

I honestly hope your right frenchlady. I truely want him to be successful

HOW VIOLENT CAN YOU BE!!!! lol I like this kinda coach

Spuds any word if the Eagles are still interested in Armond Armstead

The first step is to admit he can't even spell defense and get a coordinator who could be a head coach. Second step is to dump Marty and do the same. Third step is to dump Vick. No, maybe that's the first step. Then I'll listen.