Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CT Eagle

Sweating the DC hire.....

45 posts in this topic

Does Kelly have full control of the DC hire ?

Are they doing a "search" or is it more of a case of someone Kelly already knows and is comfortable with ?

Please tell me they are considering all options (aka Ray Horton).

People get too hung up on the big name. Who got excited when Jim Johnson was hired?

We were all psyched when Jim Washburn and Howard Mudd were hired. How did that turn out?

2 people like this

People get too hung up on the big name. Who got excited when Jim Johnson was hired?

We were all psyched when Jim Washburn and Howard Mudd were hired. How did that turn out?

Absolutely true ..... well, some of us were psyched. I didn't get the obsession over line coaches then, and still don't. Coordinators are a different story.

Let's not forget we also still need an OC as well.

Big name or unknown my primary concern is that from the early reports it seems like he is pulling many of the guys from his OU staff.

That's fine and all but I don't want the whole staff to be new to the NFL college coaches. A good mix would be nice. I do like the addition of the nutritionist from OU being the assistant GM or whatever title they gave him here.

I also love that that Kelly is all about building a program, similar to OU, where everything from what you eat, how you practice, and how you play is accounted for. Now I am sure all teams have some monitor and programs for nutrition but this guy comes with high praise.

PRAYING ALL THIS TRANSFERS TO ON THE FIELD SUCCESS!

I do like the addition of the nutritionist from OU being the assistant GM or whatever title they gave him here.

I also love that that Kelly is all about building a program, similar to OU, where everything from what you eat, how you practice, and how you play is accounted for.

I think it's terrific. As I said in a thread in TATE, I think this will go a long way to helping fix up a lot of the entitlement issues that have plagued this team for the last few years.

It also shows that Kelly is really in this thing. He's putting a great deal of thought into restructuring the entire football operations in all aspects. Something that was sorely needed.

2 people like this

I think it's terrific. As I said in a thread in TATE, I think this will go a long way to helping fix up a lot of the entitlement issues that have plagued this team for the last few years.

It also shows that Kelly is really in this thing. He's putting a great deal of thought into restructuring the entire football operations in all aspects. Something that was sorely needed.

It was clearly a huge success in college. I hope it can translate into the pros. It is hard to make a 29 year old millionaire with a 2 year guarantee eat what you tell him too. There aren't too many divas in the NCAA and every team in the NFL has a couple.

Let's not forget we also still need an OC as well.

You mean we're not keeping Morningwheg?!!

Nope - Rex Ryan scarfed him right up.

Ha! He can have him. Another year of offensive ineptness for the Jets.

Ha! He can have him. Another year of offensive ineptness for the Jets.

Watch him turn Sanchez around and have a great year now that he's unencumbered by Reid.

Unlikely, but it would be pretty revealing.

Rex didn't have any say in the matter. The Jets are a total mess. The fact that they won more games than the Eagles is a total indictment of the 2012 season.

Rex is actually a good coach. sorta...

Unfortunately the Jets stole him away from us... <_<

Unfortunately the Jets stole him away from us... <_<

And yet so many fans were worried Howie would *********FORCE********** the new head coach to keep Marty. I wish some of you loved the Phillies. I don't have this "paranoia" instinct anymore. Part of my dream came true in 2008. I'm not as cynical, especially now that "times yours" is going to the midwest to make them a playoff team. More power to Andy Reid!! The Phillies winning in 2008 has cleared a lot of hate personally.

And yet so many fans were worried Howie would *********FORCE********** the new head coach to keep Marty. I wish some of you loved the Phillies. I don't have this "paranoia" instinct anymore. Part of my dream came true in 2008, I'm not as cynical, especially now that "times yours" is going to the midwest to make them a playoff team. More power to Andy Reid!!

I was, of course, being sarcastic in my post... just wanted to get that on the record.

What came true in 2008?

I was, of course, being sarcastic in my post... just wanted to get that on the record.

What came true in 2008?

It's lost on you.... it's a sport called major league baseball. The sport I really fell in love with first before the NFL when I was eight in 1979. I've seen two World Series championships in my lifetime. It keeps me sane. I remember when the Phillies won the 2008 World Series, and how I felt. Would I feel better if the Eagles finally pulled it off?? I don't know.

It's lost on you.... it's a sport called major league baseball.

I haven't watched MLB since about 1979. I'm also not a Phillies fan anyway... (if I did watch). I'd be a Baltimore fan, if I did watch.

I haven't watched MLB since about 1979. I'm also not a Phillies fan anyway... (if I did watch). I'd be a Baltimore fan, if I did watch.

That's ok, nobody's perfect....at least you're supporing the correct football team... ^_^

Whoever Chip and the Eagles' executives settle on, I hope he is an aggressive, attacking, and traditional DC in his basic philosophy....I don't mind a little innovation in the moment (in fact I like that), but please, no narrow minded approach or gimmicky defense. Chip's stated approach to offense, is the same approach I'd like to see from the defense....equal opportunity stoppers. How the Eagles defense CONSISTENTLY stops opponents from play to play doesn't matter as much as the fact that they CONSISTENTLY stop them.....which of course means stopping the run and the pass....not only going after one of them.