Photo
- - - - -

49ers Crabtree sex assault investigation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,573 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Is this old news? This happened last week?

(01-18) 19:08 PST SAN FRANCISCO --
San Francisco police have interviewed 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree about allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in the city following the team's victory last weekend, The Chronicle has learned.

The alleged attack occurred at an unnamed hotel early on Jan. 13, hours after the team's victory over the Green Bay Packers at Candlestick Park.

The incident is being investigated by the Special Victims Unit, whose detectives have interviewed Crabtree with his lawyer present. Crabtree has agreed to make himself available for possible further interviews about an assault.

The 25-year-old player - who has not been detained or arrested - is expected to play in Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.

http://www.sfgate.co...p?cmpid=twitter

#2 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Guess it's not old news, it's on PFT too.

#3 E v 2.0

E v 2.0

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,031 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Sounds about right for Crabtree

#4 ShakeThatMonkey

ShakeThatMonkey

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,040 posts
  • Fan Since:Early 90s

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Sounds about right for Crabtree

:lol:

#5 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,077 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

right when he starts to live up to his draft pick....he sexually assaults a woman

Nice going Crabs.

#6 CountBlah

CountBlah

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,461 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

idiot, can't handle success.

#7 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

This happened (if it's true) on Sunday, but all week the dead, fake girlfriend has been national news...

#8 mike030270

mike030270

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I don't believe it until he's convicted. Too many woman trying to get money from an NFL player

#9 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wide receiver Michael Crabtree is being investigated for an allegation of a sexual assault, the San Francisco Police Department reported Friday evening.

The alleged assault occurred in a San Francisco hotel Sunday in the early morning, hours after the 49ers' 45-31 victory over the Green Bay Packers in an NFC divisional playoff game. The incident is being investigated by the Special Victims Unit, according to SFPD.

"We are aware of the allegation against Michael and understand that he has fully cooperated with authorities," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement Friday night.

"The 49ers take such matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time as the legal process is ongoing. Additional requests for comment should be directed to Michael's attorney."

Crabtree has been interviewed with his lawyer present and has cooperated in this investigation, SFPD said. Crabtree has not been detained or arrested and has agreed to make himself available to investigators in the future.

When the investigation is completed, it will be presented to the District Attorney's Office, SFPD said.

Crabtree made the trip Friday afternoon to Atlanta, where the 49ers will face the Falcons on Sunday in the NFC Championship Game. Crabtree was one of the 49ers' stars in the divisional round win over the Packers with nine catches for 119 yards and two touchdowns.

http://www.csnbayare...-sexual-assault

#10 PhillyGreenMachine

PhillyGreenMachine

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

He will get let off scott free.

#11 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I don't believe this. Hard to believe these type of women about anything.

#12 number1fan

number1fan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I don't believe it until he's convicted. Too many woman trying to get money from an NFL player

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 gibsonplyer

gibsonplyer

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I don't believe this. Hard to believe these type of women about anything.

Women who are sexually assaulted?

#14 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Crabtree was more than cooperative with the investigation. He wants he name cleared ASAP, doesn't sound like a guilty person to me.

#15 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Women who are sexually assaulted?

No, women who are sexually assaulted by celebirties. There was an incident with a popular professional wrestler last year in Atlanta before Wrestlemania that was similar to this.

#16 zenclaybourne

zenclaybourne

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

No, women who are sexually assaulted by celebirties. There was an incident with a popular professional wrestler last year in Atlanta before Wrestlemania that was similar to this.

Celebrities are people too and they do commit crimes just like anyone else. This woman may well be lying, she may be telling the truth. There is no way of knowing at the current moment. I tend to stay away from stories like this because I hate rushing to judgement one way or the other.

#17 CountBlah

CountBlah

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 35,461 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

He will get let off scott free.

will be further proof that the only color courts see is green. Of course some around here dont want to hear that.

#18 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

will be further proof that the only color courts see is green. Of course some around here dont want to hear that.

Or he could just be innocent. Never mind, that's impossible. Females are innocent little angels that could do no wrong. Guess that's why a countless number of men are falsely locked up for rape every year.

#19 IggleWalt

IggleWalt

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Or he could just be innocent. Never mind, that's impossible. Females are innocent little angels that could do no wrong. Guess that's why a countless number of men are falsely locked up for rape every year.

Or maybe he is a scumbag and really did it. Countless guys locked up every year huh? You do realize that there is this thing called DNA and they have a test for it, right?

Even if Crabtree didn't do it this is a black eye and a major distraction for your team that happens to be one step away from the SB. You have to be smarter than this. Don't put yourself in a situation where this could happen.

#20 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Or maybe he is a scumbag and really did it. Countless guys locked up every year huh? You do realize that there is this thing called DNA and they have a test for it, right?

Even if Crabtree didn't do it this is a black eye and a major distraction for your team that happens to be one step away from the SB. You have to be smarter than this. Don't put yourself in a situation where this could happen.

Can a DNA Test tell the difference between two people having sex voluntarily and forced sex?

#21 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,077 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

sounds like somebody doesn't like women :whistle:

#22 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Can a DNA Test tell the difference between two people having sex voluntarily and forced sex?

Depends in the size of the hickory bat.

#23 Whiskey

Whiskey

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,600 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Doesn't happen often, but I agree with you. I don't know if Crabtree is guilty or not, but I don't think we'll ever know because money talks. Hopefully he is broke and will have to face the real justice system, not the rich man's justice system. Then we'll see what the real story is. I'm still not convinced that Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger are completely innocent.

#24 H-field Hero

H-field Hero

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,850 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Nothing good comes from these situations. If the player is guilty then once again we have another young, star athlete with a lot of money committing morally reprehensible crimes. If the player is innocent and the woman is fabricating it it's still a pain in the arse for the player to shake the stigma since the allegations make national headlines. Needless to say this is a bad distraction for your star receiver to have going into a conference championship game.

#25 mike030270

mike030270

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...t-investigation
Felt like I should bump this to clear his name

#26 IrishSparx62

IrishSparx62

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Let me stick a spiked bat up your arse and we'll see what the DNA offers.

#27 matchew88

matchew88

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,319 posts
  • Fan Since:Lift Off

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

So, yes?

:roll:

#28 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

This post coming from a women, shocker.

And Crabtree was deemed innocent, another shocker :rolleyes:

#29 IggleWalt

IggleWalt

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

No but a rape test can. This could go on and on but let's be realistic there are many more rapists who are free than guys unfairly jailed for rape. Many women don't report it for fear of retribution. Instead of thinking with your little D all the time try getting out in the real world and talk to rape victims. Maybe you will be enlightened but I doubt it.

#30 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

No but a rape test can. This could go on and on but let's be realistic there are many more rapists who are free than guys unfairly jailed for rape. Many women don't report it for fear of retribution. Instead of thinking with your little D all the time try getting out in the real world and talk to rape victims. Maybe you will be enlightened but I doubt it.

Why dont you go out and talk to people who have essentially lost their lives after unfairly being jailed for a crime that they didnt commit. You sound like a white knight so I'm sure the idea that there are women out there who lie about this sort of stuff goes way over your head, like most things.