Photo

[News] Fan-Demonium: Who Is Chip Kelly?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,748 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I was ecstatic when I learned on Wednesday that Chip Kelly will be the Eagles' new head coach.  Kelly was my No. 1 target when this process began and I didn't think the Eagles had a shot after he i...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,609 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Chipper..

#3 trini

trini

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Thought a fresh non-NFL mind , young NOT recycled OLD Coach would be the way to go fresh concepts that WORK ... that's the word anyhow with this guy. Will my my most favorite Eagle coach. Good luck in KC big Red except against us.

#4 Eaglesfan518

Eaglesfan518

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Nice article Tommy, I wasn't to happy about Chip Kelly at first because i knew he didn't have any NFL experience. But after i saw his press conferences, I started to like him. And after I saw your first article about how you wanted Chip Kelly as coach I knew that hiring him could be a good idea. Since you know more history then most of us fans, I can't bet against you. Good luck Chip Kelly! Go Eagles!

#5 virgilf

virgilf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Good article with more detailed comparison to former coaches.

#6 ACHILLES

ACHILLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

lets offer buddy a contract, why the hell not, if hes even alive anymore...lol

#7 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

The Birds are about to experience something we haven't experienced, which is winning Titles....and more important, being 'in the hunt' to win Chips...every year for a long time. And boy did we pay our dues....and deserve it.

#8 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

The best statement I heard out of Kelly so far is that the coaches don't set the depth chart, the players do! I will remember that statement going forward when we are dealing with a 5 million dollar a year player versus a 500,000 dollar a year player both competing for the same starting position.

#9 Canadian_philly

Canadian_philly

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hope he realizes his college scheme won't work in the NFL, but what I would like to see is his creativity and adjustment ability to work with the skill sets of the players he has. He is a genius in play design and although we won't be able to use the Oregon playbook he should find a way to get just as creative with NFL formations. MM gone! Just need Vick and a few other people out the door and we are in line for a proper foundation.

#10 VinMan2

VinMan2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

we gotta start thinking more creatively, like the new coach will. We won't bring the quack attack here I'm thinkg more of a Beak & Streek.

#11 Kim#42 Eagle

Kim#42 Eagle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I'll think Kelly will be creative on offense. Could we see some running game again? It will now be important he could find a good DC. Ray Horton could have been a alternative but Banner was faster. What about Herreman?
Kellys passion will rub of the whole organization. My favorite Eagles coaches are Reid and Vermeil, and i liked the job Rhodes did here too. I'll like the hire of Kelly because he comes with a winning attitude, he'll believe in himself and his football mind. A good DC and the right players for his system and brighter days could be on its way....
Nice article Tommy as always, i'll won't bet against you either. Go EAGLES!

#12 big5bdawk

big5bdawk

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Well done, Tommy !! It's good to hear positive comments, especially ones based on the vision posessed by Mr. Lurie. I haven't really heard anyone discuss this topic at length, but I am VERY excited to see passion and energy displayed by our SPECIAL TEAMS. I really think that a good crack on Kick Coverage can set the tone for defensive EFFORT, and I can't wait to see our young players flying to the ball, crushing blockers and laying into ball carriers.
Sometimes it is overlooked, but the biggest component to creating turnovers is CONTACT !! Hat On Ball, and forcing the QB to throw with blitzers IN HIS FACE, not looping 5 yards around and 5 yards behind him. Love to see the D add another LB, whether it be Matthews, or a rookie, or even a Free Agent. Let's get back to the days when opposing Offenses maybe weren't "scared" to play the Eagles, But they were definitely "cautious"!! GO EAGLES!!!!!