Photo

[News] Offseason Preview: Cornerback

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,292 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

We continue forward with our position-by-position snapshot of each position group as the Eagles move head-first into the offseason. Next up, it's the position that may garner more attention than an...

View the full article

#2 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Do all our slot Corners HAVE to be smurfs? We went from one smurf, Joselio Hanson...to another in Boykin. What's the story with that?

#3 Brodieman687

Brodieman687

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I don't know how the hell Bo can write an article that even hints that Nnamdi was better than DRC Keep DRC, he is 26, athletic, and has a very high celing. If we had some capable safeties behind him, he'd be fantastic. He is a great #2 corner.

Nnamdi has no place on this team, he just has a huge contract. Maybe he's salvageable, but I don't know how you fix someone who gives up on so many plays and seems to be the worst communicator on defense.

We need to get Dee Milliner, we need to get Eric Reid, and most of all, we need a D-coordinator who can put this all together.

Good riddance to Mornhinwheg and April....looking forward to watching the Jets fail again with Mornhinwheg calling dumb plays for their terrible personnel. April may continue to cut players who should be starters (I.E. Brian Rolle) because they aren't good enough for his terrible special teams coverage.

Mostly excited to see who our D-coordinator will be, and how this team will shape up!

#4 theigglesfan

theigglesfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hopefully we put a 2nd rd franchise/transition tag on DRC & if N.A. wants to stay he probably knows he needs to restructure his deal which shouldn't be a problem. If nobody gives up a 2nd rd pick for DRC than we won't need to draft a CB early. S is the biggest need; hopefully Elam or Vaccaro fall to us in the 2nd rd otherwise there are 6 S that should go between the end of the 2nd rd and the middle of the third that we could choose from with the early 3rd rd pick. Just don't draft a S that's supposed to go in the late rds, or undrafted (like the last one we got at the end of the 2nd rd from Temple) for no reason.

#5 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

@Brodieman687 brian rolle should NOT have been a starter he was a small linebacker who couldnt tackle!! which is a linebackers main job. I say keep both corners and draft luke jockel in the 1st (if he isnt there draft star ) and a playmaking safety in the 2nd (if we take star in the first draft a OL in the 2nd)

#6 working man

working man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Bring back Juan Castillo.

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yeah Chip is prob shooting for a DC that use's the 3 -4 and Rolle is not gonna fit. We have guys like Anderson and Rau that are good on ST. Only LB's that I think deserve a shot is Ryans, Kendricks and maybe Chaney. The
CB's and Safety's were A joke. When you think we could of got Johnathan Joesph instead of Nnamdi and or Talib that the Pats got. Maybe we should of just kept Asante. Plus are safety's were weak little girls. Allen sucks and Coleman bites on every play fake hard. Like one fake hand off and he is in the backfield .

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Marsh could get a look as well. There are some good DB's in the draft this year.

#9 Eaglefan1456

Eaglefan1456

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

It seems if you read between the lines on some of the comments the players were making at the end of the season about lack of heart, distractions and contracts, they were talking about N.A. If he's a cancer in the locker room, I don't care how good he is, I'don't want him. AKA: T.O.!

#10 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Asomugha has been solid? This article is complete bull. Asomugha sucks and he is a selfish player with no heart.

#11 Dash RipRock

Dash RipRock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Seattle has proven that size for a CB is not a hinderance...we seem to have more problems on D/ST than O considering we're getting so many good OL back...Bradley should have been our coach...take Millner first...and we get back to setting the tone on D....I hope Kelly is not Spurrier in disguise!!

#12 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

i think we should take milliner rd 1, Tony Jefferson rd 2, landry jones rd 3, kevin riddic rd 4

#13 camasbud

camasbud

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Best word to describe Eagles secondary is soft. Mr. Whipple soft.

#14 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

This secondary gave up a franchise worse 33 TD passes. They were horrendus.

#15 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Asomugha solid? What is this guy smoking? He was subpar in his first year here and was the very worst starting CB on the league this past season. That's after they changed the scheme to give him more man to man(supposedly his strength) He obviously doesn't have the speed, athleticism or physicality anymore. It's like every play he was getting burnt and praying that the safety would be in position to bail him out. With our safeties, that ain't happening. I was glad when he finally got benched the last game of the season and Marsh got some playing time. AR should have done that much earlier in the season.

#16 downwithdallas

downwithdallas

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I would like everyone to take a look back 2 years ago when you were all calling me crazy when I said I would rather have Johnathan Joesph then Asomugha you can look in archives its true I was ripped and told I was an idiot I said he had youth and was one of the best upcoming cbs in the league and now look where he is and look what Asomugha has done. I wanted Sean Weatherspoon or Earl Thomas in the 1st a few years back Sean Lee in the 2nd and Navorro Bowman in the 3rd i wanted Vontaze Burfict last year late why not waste a 6th 7th i was screaming at the tv how can i evaluate all this talent but nobody in our front office and coaching staffs can its kinda a joke